Jun 19 2007
By: LastGunslinger Gaming Beast 2153 posts

Home idea

4 replies 6 views Edited Jun 19, 2007
Hello fellow gamers.  Just wanted your opinion on a home idea I have.  What if while in your virtual apartment you could not only choose your furniture and wallpaper and such but also what the environment looks like outside your windows?  Say environments from your favorite games?  Like God of War, you could look out and see Mt. Olympus.  Or Resident Evil where you look out and your surrounded by spooky woods.  Or Oblivion and you see the tall tower in the distance.  Or Resistance fom and you see a blown up Britain.  Sound intriguing?  Sound lame?  Let me know what you think.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 1 of 5 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Re: Home idea

Jun 19, 2007
pretty good idea, pro evo soccer with a football stadium, that would be cool, or smackdown vs raw with the crowd in the back,
good idea, but dont think sony would do this straight away, you could do so much with home, its unbeleivable
Message 2 of 5 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 19, 2007
i think its a good idea to a certain extent, just don't get to extreme with it.
Message 3 of 5 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Jun 19, 2007

BufordKat wrote:
Hello fellow gamers.  Just wanted your opinion on a home idea I have.  What if while in your virtual apartment you could not only choose your furniture and wallpaper and such but also what the environment looks like outside your windows?  Say environments from your favorite games?  Like God of War, you could look out and see Mt. Olympus.  Or Resident Evil where you look out and your surrounded by spooky woods.  Or Oblivion and you see the tall tower in the distance.  Or Resistance fom and you see a blown up Britain.  Sound intriguing?  Sound lame?  Let me know what you think.

It was announced that this was a possibility of customizing the sky outside your apartment.

Message 4 of 5 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Jun 19, 2007

BufordKat wrote:

I touched on this a bit in my post: Top 10 things you want to see in home. You however, took it a seperate way from where I was going. I spoke of just nature or cityscapes in the background, but you are on to something. It would be a great way to get publicity for a game. Game makers could issue a outside "wallapaper" themed to whatever it is.

That is a great idea.

GTAIV comes out and you can download a "outdoors wallpaper" of liberty city and it will look like your living in the game.

Very groovy!!
Message 5 of 5 (6 Views)
0 Likes