Reply
Jun 14 2007
By: DirtyOFries Ghost of Sparta 17841 posts
Offline

Home has the potential to be AWESOME!!!

36 replies 12 views Edited Jun 14, 2007
So I just got the beta...and I gotta say...amazing. Definitely alotta bugs to work out (anyone know where I can post those?) but this is going to be the sweetest thing ever when it's all done.

Is there a specific home beta board? I couldnt find one like the Warhawk beta.


Message Edited by DirtyOFries on 06-14-2007 10:51 AM

42" Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ700U 1080p w/ Yamaha 5.1 720W Surround Sound
Get to Know Your Fellow Gamer Thread!
Message 8 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/27/2005
Offline
4458 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007
I bet ice cubes amaze you too. Home is bland and boring. As for the reporting go to your VPSP and look for the address to report things to.
RED-DOG


Photobucket
Message 1 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/10/2007
Offline
17841 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007


red dog1 wrote:
I bet ice cubes amaze you too. Home is bland and boring. As for the reporting go to your VPSP and look for the address to report things to.


no need to be insulting. It is rather bland, however i can see the potential there. Besides, anything is cool the first time you use it.

42" Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ700U 1080p w/ Yamaha 5.1 720W Surround Sound
Get to Know Your Fellow Gamer Thread!
Message 2 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/27/2005
Offline
4458 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007


DirtyOFries wrote:


red dog1 wrote:
I bet ice cubes amaze you too. Home is bland and boring. As for the reporting go to your VPSP and look for the address to report things to.


no need to be insulting. It is rather bland, however i can see the potential there. Besides, anything is cool the first time you use it.


Not insulting you, just thought AMAZING or AWESOME was a bit over played. If you agree it is rather bland why post thread like this?
 
Your correct about the first time use thing, but 15 minutes later it becomes apparent how bland it is.
 
Now people willpost "it's just a beta" "it will be better upon relase" I doubt that! I have tested many things for Sony and most of them are ALWAYS like the beta. When it comes out people will realize the foundation of their Home has cracks and a leaky basement.
RED-DOG


Photobucket
Message 3 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/27/2003
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007
Meh, have a little faith. If anyone knows how bland and boring something is, it's Sony. They wouldn't go through the trouble of developing and hyping this if this is really all there is to it. Give it some time, I'm sure they're going to add a lot of stuff to it. Remember, this is trying to compete with Live, somewhat.
~§k¥e ߆åde~ - //* - (..)/
PSN: SirithX
Message 4 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/10/2007
Offline
17841 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007


red dog1 wrote:


DirtyOFries wrote:


red dog1 wrote:
I bet ice cubes amaze you too. Home is bland and boring. As for the reporting go to your VPSP and look for the address to report things to.


no need to be insulting. It is rather bland, however i can see the potential there. Besides, anything is cool the first time you use it.


Not insulting you, just thought AMAZING or AWESOME was a bit over played. If you agree it is rather bland why post thread like this?
 
Your correct about the first time use thing, but 15 minutes later it becomes apparent how bland it is.
 
Now people willpost "it's just a beta" "it will be better upon relase" I doubt that! I have tested many things for Sony and most of them are ALWAYS like the beta. When it comes out people will realize the foundation of their Home has cracks and a leaky basement.


Sorry, I think I'm excited by the possible prospects. I should've named the thread "Home COULD BE Awesome!" The ability to talk to people is nice, I managed to find a few others users to hook up with and wandered around exploring, talking to them, trying the different interactions, etc. I like the concept. I agree the current incarnation has a blandness to it that needs improvement (music tracks, more media, more objects, more games, more spaces), but I think I can see the direction they want to take it, so color me impressed. I have no idea how much improvement Sony will put in down the road (if they're smart they'll allow user-generated content and commerce).

Anyway, that's my opinion on it. I'm impressed with the potential, and was pretty excited to get some quick interaction with other people, so it's nice to see it CAN work. Now we just need more polish and integration.

42" Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ700U 1080p w/ Yamaha 5.1 720W Surround Sound
Get to Know Your Fellow Gamer Thread!
Message 5 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/14/2003
Offline
2681 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007
I hope people are aware that most of the functions for home are non-existant in the beta. If you think this is how it will be in the final release, then you are sorely mistaken. I've tested what is now 14 games for underground. Saying it is a beta is a very truthful statement. The game itself will be the same for the most part, but there will be more options and obviously less glitches.
Message 6 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/25/2005
Offline
1437 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007
i think home is AMAZING as well.....it's about a COMMUNITY, so the fact that there aren't many people in the beta is why it may be seen as bland right now..ya think? i love internet know it alls ...  especially when they don't realize that the Home beta doesn't have even half of the features active...
Message 7 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/27/2005
Offline
4458 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007


clownt33 wrote:
i think home is AMAZING as well.....it's about a COMMUNITY, so the fact that there aren't many people in the beta is why it may be seen as bland right now..ya think? i love internet know it alls ...  especially when they don't realize that the Home beta doesn't have even half of the features active...


The beta testers aren't even logging into it anymore. There will be a rush of users this week due to the new invites, but that will drop off just as quick as the original testers. The first day there were loads of people on it. the second day a third of those people were on. The third day not even a sixth of those people were on. True the beta doesn't have all the options the final version has, but the interaction is there and that's the bland part. Half the people are just standing around dancing and the others are playing dress up. The games are lacking in so many ways and the communication is stupid. You can hear people talking on the other side of the room. The private area is the only thing that shows interest to me. BUT there is nothing in Homes private space you can't do now in a chat room. As for the video streaming in Home (not in beta) the XMB will eventually have this feature.
I have been using Home since the first day of beta release. I check it out every day or so and NO ONE IS ON IT! max I see is 8 at any given time. Now you tell me if Home is so great why only 8 people on it at one time??
KNOW IT ALLS??? So if someone posts something that goes against your opinion they are know-it-alls? I know what Home has now and like previously posted I KNOW IT'S JUST A BETA RIGHT NOW. But like everything Sony has done lately I doubt Home will progress much past this version before it is shot down. We will start to get the promises of content then delays, and more delays. Then something completely different than promised will show up and piss people off. This will happen over and over, mark my words.
RED-DOG


Photobucket
Message 9 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/17/2000
Offline
10840 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 14, 2007
Its a pretty good start.. I see lots of potential here.
Its bare bones right now but thats to be expected.



Message 10 of 37 (12 Views)
0 Likes