Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 01/26/2007
Offline
689 posts
 

Re: Home has the potential to be AWESOME!!!

Jun 16, 2007
it is gonna be my time burner. Sleep, work, Home, Multiplayer game, eat, sleep...
If you say pwnd in your everyday speech, Please stop talking.
Message 31 of 37 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/25/2005
Offline
1436 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 18, 2007


red dog1 wrote:


clownt33 wrote:
i think home is AMAZING as well.....it's about a COMMUNITY, so the fact that there aren't many people in the beta is why it may be seen as bland right now..ya think? i love internet know it alls ...  especially when they don't realize that the Home beta doesn't have even half of the features active...


The beta testers aren't even logging into it anymore. There will be a rush of users this week due to the new invites, but that will drop off just as quick as the original testers. The first day there were loads of people on it. the second day a third of those people were on. The third day not even a sixth of those people were on. True the beta doesn't have all the options the final version has, but the interaction is there and that's the bland part. Half the people are just standing around dancing and the others are playing dress up. The games are lacking in so many ways and the communication is stupid. You can hear people talking on the other side of the room. The private area is the only thing that shows interest to me. BUT there is nothing in Homes private space you can't do now in a chat room. As for the video streaming in Home (not in beta) the XMB will eventually have this feature.
I have been using Home since the first day of beta release. I check it out every day or so and NO ONE IS ON IT! max I see is 8 at any given time. Now you tell me if Home is so great why only 8 people on it at one time??
KNOW IT ALLS??? So if someone posts something that goes against your opinion they are know-it-alls? I know what Home has now and like previously posted I KNOW IT'S JUST A BETA RIGHT NOW. But like everything Sony has done lately I doubt Home will progress much past this version before it is shot down. We will start to get the promises of content then delays, and more delays. Then something completely different than promised will show up and piss people off. This will happen over and over, mark my words.


no one is on because right now it is limited to a very few beta testers who DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER.. when the program is open to EVERYONE with a PS3 i assure you that won't be the case..
Message 32 of 37 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/27/2005
Offline
4458 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 18, 2007


clownt33 wrote:


red dog1 wrote:


clownt33 wrote:
i think home is AMAZING as well.....it's about a COMMUNITY, so the fact that there aren't many people in the beta is why it may be seen as bland right now..ya think? i love internet know it alls ...  especially when they don't realize that the Home beta doesn't have even half of the features active...


The beta testers aren't even logging into it anymore. There will be a rush of users this week due to the new invites, but that will drop off just as quick as the original testers. The first day there were loads of people on it. the second day a third of those people were on. The third day not even a sixth of those people were on. True the beta doesn't have all the options the final version has, but the interaction is there and that's the bland part. Half the people are just standing around dancing and the others are playing dress up. The games are lacking in so many ways and the communication is stupid. You can hear people talking on the other side of the room. The private area is the only thing that shows interest to me. BUT there is nothing in Homes private space you can't do now in a chat room. As for the video streaming in Home (not in beta) the XMB will eventually have this feature.
I have been using Home since the first day of beta release. I check it out every day or so and NO ONE IS ON IT! max I see is 8 at any given time. Now you tell me if Home is so great why only 8 people on it at one time??
KNOW IT ALLS??? So if someone posts something that goes against your opinion they are know-it-alls? I know what Home has now and like previously posted I KNOW IT'S JUST A BETA RIGHT NOW. But like everything Sony has done lately I doubt Home will progress much past this version before it is shot down. We will start to get the promises of content then delays, and more delays. Then something completely different than promised will show up and piss people off. This will happen over and over, mark my words.


no one is on because right now it is limited to a very few beta testers who DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER.. when the program is open to EVERYONE with a PS3 i assure you that won't be the case..


NOPE, There are plenty of testers right now. As a matter of fact they just released it to anothe 500 people last week. there are never more than 20 people on again. If Home is being billed as a "meeting place" your theory is seriously flawed. Home is a place to get to know people and meet up with people you know. No one is on it because it is all hype and nothing else. They get on and find this out for themselves. All you need to do is spend 15 minutes in Home and you have done it all.
RED-DOG


Photobucket
Message 33 of 37 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/10/2007
Offline
17841 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 18, 2007


red dog1 wrote:


clownt33 wrote:


red dog1 wrote:


clownt33 wrote:
i think home is AMAZING as well.....it's about a COMMUNITY, so the fact that there aren't many people in the beta is why it may be seen as bland right now..ya think? i love internet know it alls ...  especially when they don't realize that the Home beta doesn't have even half of the features active...


The beta testers aren't even logging into it anymore. There will be a rush of users this week due to the new invites, but that will drop off just as quick as the original testers. The first day there were loads of people on it. the second day a third of those people were on. The third day not even a sixth of those people were on. True the beta doesn't have all the options the final version has, but the interaction is there and that's the bland part. Half the people are just standing around dancing and the others are playing dress up. The games are lacking in so many ways and the communication is stupid. You can hear people talking on the other side of the room. The private area is the only thing that shows interest to me. BUT there is nothing in Homes private space you can't do now in a chat room. As for the video streaming in Home (not in beta) the XMB will eventually have this feature.
I have been using Home since the first day of beta release. I check it out every day or so and NO ONE IS ON IT! max I see is 8 at any given time. Now you tell me if Home is so great why only 8 people on it at one time??
KNOW IT ALLS??? So if someone posts something that goes against your opinion they are know-it-alls? I know what Home has now and like previously posted I KNOW IT'S JUST A BETA RIGHT NOW. But like everything Sony has done lately I doubt Home will progress much past this version before it is shot down. We will start to get the promises of content then delays, and more delays. Then something completely different than promised will show up and piss people off. This will happen over and over, mark my words.


no one is on because right now it is limited to a very few beta testers who DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER.. when the program is open to EVERYONE with a PS3 i assure you that won't be the case..


NOPE, There are plenty of testers right now. As a matter of fact they just released it to anothe 500 people last week. there are never more than 20 people on again. If Home is being billed as a "meeting place" your theory is seriously flawed. Home is a place to get to know people and meet up with people you know. No one is on it because it is all hype and nothing else. They get on and find this out for themselves. All you need to do is spend 15 minutes in Home and you have done it all.


Why the hate? Did it piss in your cheerios personally?

If it gets half the features its supposed to (meeting and going into games and a trophy room) you'll see a massive increase.

42" Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ700U 1080p w/ Yamaha 5.1 720W Surround Sound
Get to Know Your Fellow Gamer Thread!
Message 34 of 37 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/09/2007
Offline
207 posts
 

Re: Home has the potential to be AWESOME!!!

Jun 18, 2007
Simply answered:  "DUH!"
September the 11th was an inside job!  Jet hits pentagon then disappears?
Message 35 of 37 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/25/2005
Offline
1436 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 19, 2007


red dog1 wrote:


clownt33 wrote:


red dog1 wrote:


clownt33 wrote:
i think home is AMAZING as well.....it's about a COMMUNITY, so the fact that there aren't many people in the beta is why it may be seen as bland right now..ya think? i love internet know it alls ...  especially when they don't realize that the Home beta doesn't have even half of the features active...


The beta testers aren't even logging into it anymore. There will be a rush of users this week due to the new invites, but that will drop off just as quick as the original testers. The first day there were loads of people on it. the second day a third of those people were on. The third day not even a sixth of those people were on. True the beta doesn't have all the options the final version has, but the interaction is there and that's the bland part. Half the people are just standing around dancing and the others are playing dress up. The games are lacking in so many ways and the communication is stupid. You can hear people talking on the other side of the room. The private area is the only thing that shows interest to me. BUT there is nothing in Homes private space you can't do now in a chat room. As for the video streaming in Home (not in beta) the XMB will eventually have this feature.
I have been using Home since the first day of beta release. I check it out every day or so and NO ONE IS ON IT! max I see is 8 at any given time. Now you tell me if Home is so great why only 8 people on it at one time??
KNOW IT ALLS??? So if someone posts something that goes against your opinion they are know-it-alls? I know what Home has now and like previously posted I KNOW IT'S JUST A BETA RIGHT NOW. But like everything Sony has done lately I doubt Home will progress much past this version before it is shot down. We will start to get the promises of content then delays, and more delays. Then something completely different than promised will show up and piss people off. This will happen over and over, mark my words.


no one is on because right now it is limited to a very few beta testers who DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER.. when the program is open to EVERYONE with a PS3 i assure you that won't be the case..


NOPE, There are plenty of testers right now. As a matter of fact they just released it to anothe 500 people last week. there are never more than 20 people on again. If Home is being billed as a "meeting place" your theory is seriously flawed. Home is a place to get to know people and meet up with people you know. No one is on it because it is all hype and nothing else. They get on and find this out for themselves. All you need to do is spend 15 minutes in Home and you have done it all.



and out of my 100+ online friends only 4 of them got in the beta.. thus my point, that NO ONE KNOWS EACH OTHER.. see above post.. i thought i made that part clear..when THOUSANDS of people have access to home many groups of FRIENDS will use it as a hub.. which is THE POINT of home.. it isn't supposed to be a game.. it isn't an adventure.. it's an online HUB, just add FRIENDS.. the missing ingredient is FRIENDS..
Message 36 of 37 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/10/2007
Offline
17841 posts
 

Re: Home is AWESOME!!!

Jun 19, 2007


clownt33 wrote:


red dog1 wrote:


clownt33 wrote:


red dog1 wrote:


clownt33 wrote:
i think home is AMAZING as well.....it's about a COMMUNITY, so the fact that there aren't many people in the beta is why it may be seen as bland right now..ya think? i love internet know it alls ...  especially when they don't realize that the Home beta doesn't have even half of the features active...


The beta testers aren't even logging into it anymore. There will be a rush of users this week due to the new invites, but that will drop off just as quick as the original testers. The first day there were loads of people on it. the second day a third of those people were on. The third day not even a sixth of those people were on. True the beta doesn't have all the options the final version has, but the interaction is there and that's the bland part. Half the people are just standing around dancing and the others are playing dress up. The games are lacking in so many ways and the communication is stupid. You can hear people talking on the other side of the room. The private area is the only thing that shows interest to me. BUT there is nothing in Homes private space you can't do now in a chat room. As for the video streaming in Home (not in beta) the XMB will eventually have this feature.
I have been using Home since the first day of beta release. I check it out every day or so and NO ONE IS ON IT! max I see is 8 at any given time. Now you tell me if Home is so great why only 8 people on it at one time??
KNOW IT ALLS??? So if someone posts something that goes against your opinion they are know-it-alls? I know what Home has now and like previously posted I KNOW IT'S JUST A BETA RIGHT NOW. But like everything Sony has done lately I doubt Home will progress much past this version before it is shot down. We will start to get the promises of content then delays, and more delays. Then something completely different than promised will show up and piss people off. This will happen over and over, mark my words.


no one is on because right now it is limited to a very few beta testers who DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER.. when the program is open to EVERYONE with a PS3 i assure you that won't be the case..


NOPE, There are plenty of testers right now. As a matter of fact they just released it to anothe 500 people last week. there are never more than 20 people on again. If Home is being billed as a "meeting place" your theory is seriously flawed. Home is a place to get to know people and meet up with people you know. No one is on it because it is all hype and nothing else. They get on and find this out for themselves. All you need to do is spend 15 minutes in Home and you have done it all.



and out of my 100+ online friends only 4 of them got in the beta.. thus my point, that NO ONE KNOWS EACH OTHER.. see above post.. i thought i made that part clear..when THOUSANDS of people have access to home many groups of FRIENDS will use it as a hub.. which is THE POINT of home.. it isn't supposed to be a game.. it isn't an adventure.. it's an online HUB, just add FRIENDS.. the missing ingredient is FRIENDS..


yea, take the competition, limit the ability to talk to your friends...see how it would get rated

42" Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ700U 1080p w/ Yamaha 5.1 720W Surround Sound
Get to Know Your Fellow Gamer Thread!
Message 37 of 37 (6 Views)
0 Likes