Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
2518 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

 So why don't we just stop insulting each other and wait for what Sony decides to say about it?


It's what I'm going to do and I'm going to enjoy the service for as long as I can. We certainly aren't suffering from a lack of new content to say the least. 



Yes, Home is alive and will be for quite some time. So why all the histrionics?

Message 61 of 122 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4505 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

For every speculative argument the "doomsayers" make, there is an equally speculative argument by the "fan boys/girls" that also cannot be dismissed by what little "facts" we have to go on. So why don't we just stop insulting each other and wait for what Sony decides to say about it?


And there in lies the biggest problem with Home and the root cause for the arguments - and that is Sony hasn't said a single word on the future of Home nor even addressed the long list of issues with the service their customers continue to bring up.  In fact, the vast majority of their communication with their customers is the weekly blog and repost in the forums to promote new content.  

 

People like HIW, Jersquall and others said "Just wait until the PS4 is announced then we will know something"  when that didn't happen they said "Just wait until E3, then surely Sony will say something by then" - well we know that didn't happen.

 

In fact, Sony didn't have anything at E3 to promote Home... For a service some suggest is doing just fine, and for a company struggling to find profits any where they can, funny how Sony has continued to decide its not worth advertising and promoting Home.

 

In fact, if you venture outside the insular world that is the Home Forum, even on Sony's own forums when Home is brought up, the vast majority of the responses are negative, many even saying they thought Home was already dead... This from PS3 owners.  The criticism and uncertainty of Home's future is even more evident among other sites.

 

So the question then remains unanswered, why hasn't Sony said anything?

 

Why hasn't Sony done a better job promoting Home to grow it's user base?

 

Why has Sony not included Home rewards in their own games?

 

Why hasn't Sony even addressed many of the outstanding issues that their customers have been bringing up time after time for months even years?

 

When is the last time anyone from Home Management ever acknoweldged all the problems with item management - even though the issues likely create an incentive NOT to buy or collect any more items?

 

Forget about possibly fixing some of these issues, they often wont even acknowledge them when they are brought up.

 

Look, anyone who really knows me knows I want Home to succeed, but I am a realist, and the way Sony has managed Home is an embarrassment, and is likely why the majority of the gaming world has looked at Home as some kind of joke.  I prefer to consider it an experiment that failed, but not because it lacked potential, but because it lacked true leadership.  Now it appears to be the abandoned child of a team that no longer really cares what happens to it.  All we really ever hear from them are "buy buy buy" posts.

 

As such, I have seen more and more active users either quit or cut way back on their time in Home and certainly their spending, and I've seen more and more 'new' users using ISE to fill their item folders, and DNS exploits to 'customize' their experience in Home.  If this is true and the trend continues, it doesn't take a genius to figure out Home's future with or without any comment from Sony.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 62 of 122 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
2518 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 21, 2013

As a working person, I know that trying to convince management to change for the better is a lost cause. So I will just have fun with home and whatever happens happens.

Message 63 of 122 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4505 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 21, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

As a working person, I know that trying to convince management to change for the better is a lost cause. So I will just have fun with home and whatever happens happens.


And I can certainly understand and respect that decision.  In fact, when I am in Home I try and ignore all of its faults and simply have fun with friends... But perhaps unlike you I still feel their is hope.  I still feel that there is a chance that if enough people finally say "enough is enough" that maybe just maybe it will get the attention of someone high enough at Sony willing to give Home another chance, and treat their customers with the respect they deserve by offering significantly better customer relations and communication.

 

I am confident if someone at Sony would only reach out to the community, and really express concern and interest in the service and their customers, the mood here would change dramatically.  In fact, I for one would be far more supportive if I felt there was someone in charge that was really listening to what their customers are saying, and even without fixing many or any of the issues, just asked for patience and support while they 'sort it out' - I would give it to them.  Instead all we have gotten for our loyalty to the service is the silent treatment.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 64 of 122 (386 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 21, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

As a working person, I know that trying to convince management to change for the better is a lost cause. So I will just have fun with home and whatever happens happens.


I can't say I disagree with you really but for some reason I hold out a little hope. I can appreciate those who just want to enjoy themselves and not weigh in on the heavy debates just as I can appreciate those who are calling for changes and improvements to be made. It's the people who try to stifle the latter or attempt to dimish their views that trouble me these days. Sometimes it seems petty arguments do much more to create a rift than anything that we are or aren't told by management.

Message 65 of 122 (376 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 21, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote
People like HIW, Jersquall and others said "Just wait until the PS4 is announced then we will know something"  when that didn't happen they said "Just wait until E3, then surely Sony will say something by then" - well we know that didn't happen.

Please, I'm begging you, stop signing my name to your misinformation. At no point did I ever say that Sony would release any statement on the PS4 and Home. I've never even speculated on them releasing a statement. My position is that it won't be there, based on factors that I've outlined elsewhere on this forum. John from Game Mechanics wrote a pretty rock solid rebuttal to my analysis on HomeStation Magazine. Go read those.

 

Here's some very basic reality: Home's developers are going to know about its future long before anyone on these forums hears anything. They don't even know what's going on. All they can do is guess.

 

If you think you've got concerns, try putting yourself in the shoes of someone who's developing a six-month or twelve-month business plan.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 66 of 122 (373 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 21, 2013

*sigh.

 

Yes just like that. Smiley Sad

Message 67 of 122 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4505 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 21, 2013

myalana wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

As a working person, I know that trying to convince management to change for the better is a lost cause. So I will just have fun with home and whatever happens happens.


I can't say I disagree with you really but for some reason I hold out a little hope. I can appreciate those who just want to enjoy themselves and not weigh in on the heavy debates just as I can appreciate those who are calling for changes and improvements to be made. It's the people who try to stifle the latter or attempt to dimish their views that trouble me these days. Sometimes it seems petty arguments do much more to create a rift than anything that we are or aren't told by management.


That's exactly what get's me riled up more than anything else.  I can even sometimes forgive some of the lousy decisions that have been made over the years, but it's the apologists that try and dismiss and even silence the critics of those decisions that really annoy me to no end - and they often act like pack animals, following each other from thread to thread.

 

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in drinking the Kool-Aid or poping any blue pills, just to pretend everything is wonderful in the land of Home, and I wont allow those that do to bully me into it.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 68 of 122 (361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/21/2013
Offline
16 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 21, 2013
lol... i agree wtih you nitrate. btw how do u do that. copy and paste? where ppl can see who u are talking to
Message 69 of 122 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Home: hand over fist - raking in the dough

Jun 21, 2013

MsAliceCold wrote:
lol... i agree wtih you nitrate. btw how do u do that. copy and paste? where ppl can see who u are talking to

When you hit reply look for the quote button to copy the person you want to quote! Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 122 (355 Views)
0 Likes