Fender Bender
3418 posts

Re: Home delayed?

Oct 25, 2008

imranh wrote:

This will have no affect on Home seeing as 1.00 is out soon.

This is what Ted (Home Community Manager) wrote in the EU Forums:

How about "this year" then?

Sorry, you dont have too long to wait compared to the length of the project so far, but I know the lack of a date is annoying.

If it helps v1.0 is in internal testing and will hit the closed beta in the coming weeks as will more testers by invitation. 

Something I mentioned to the beta testers today is important to remember. 1.0 is a major milestone on our journey but it is not the destination. Think long term beyond Open Beta, theres stuff that will arrive in the few months after Open Beta starts that will really show what Home can bring to you. Some really innovative and clever ideas and some wonderful implementations of the Home vision and, to be blunt, some really fun stuff to do.

Sorry, I'm starting to sound like I'm in marketing now but really, be excited about Open Beta but look well beyond that too.

Message Edited by imranh on 10-25-2008 01:06 AM

Hah, such good news. Smiley Happy 

G.A.P Member Since August '08
Sig4
Message 11 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Oct 25, 2008

MizzRockMisery wrote:

imranh wrote:

Sorry, you dont have too long to wait compared to the length of the project so far, but I know the lack of a date is annoying.

If it helps v1.0 is in internal testing and will hit the closed beta in the coming weeks as will more testers by invitation

Something I mentioned to the beta testers today is important to remember. 1.0 is a major milestone on our journey but it is not the destination. Think long term beyond Open Beta, there's stuff that will arrive in the few months after Open Beta starts that will really show what Home can bring to you. Some really innovative and clever ideas and some wonderful implementations of the Home vision and, to be blunt, some really fun stuff to do.

Sorry, I'm starting to sound like I'm in marketing now but really, be excited about Open Beta but look well beyond that too.

So SCEE had already started testing v1.0 internally of the Home Beta so will it be the version that will be released as the OPEN Beta?  Maybe not since they're still testing it so when OPEN Beta releases it coud be 2.0......

Message 12 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Oct 25, 2008

If this is something Sony seriously considers a threat, they will make an

official announcement about it. Until then consider Home right on schedule.

I would expect more invites to go out in the next two weeks.

Message 13 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Oct 25, 2008

speedracer1955 wrote:

MizzRockMisery wrote:

imranh wrote:

If it helps v1.0 is in internal testing and will hit the closed beta in the coming weeks as will more testers by invitation

Something I mentioned to the beta testers today is important to remember. 1.0 is a major milestone on our journey but it is not the destination. Think long term beyond Open Beta, there's stuff that will arrive in the few months after Open Beta starts that will really show what Home can bring to you. Some really innovative and clever ideas and some wonderful implementations of the Home vision and, to be blunt, some really fun stuff to do.

So SCEE had already started testing v1.0 internally of the Home Beta so will it be the version that will be released as the OPEN Beta?  Maybe not since they're still testing it so when OPEN Beta releases it coud be 2.0......

It might release before 2.0 but basically Ted is saying that Home is on its way. 

G.A.P Member Since August '08
Sig4
Message 14 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1141 posts

Oct 25, 2008
it wont be dleayed because some losers got their hands on an old build of home
i got into home beta. yay

post 1000 @ 7:03 pm est, 10/6/2008
Message 15 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Oct 25, 2008

Renown hacker???

meh...

Rachel Lac I love you!
Message 16 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Oct 25, 2008
BLASHMPHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel Lac I love you!
Message 17 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3901 posts

Oct 25, 2008

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&message.id=336017#M336017

It has been confirmed (the 6th time i've said this) to not be a problem.

Nothing, NOTHING, will come of this. Please, no more topics about this.

Message 18 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 25, 2008
it was an older version how could it be a problem
Message 19 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes