Wastelander
751 posts

Re: Home community volunteers

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I dunno guys...the HCV's I know are cooler than the other side of the pillow and are always willing to lend a hand. Maybe a new program should be launched seperately ...where we have HCV's that actually moderate and mediate in Home...and Home Ambassadors that provide tours, showcase new items for would be but reluctant buyers, and promote events....in fact there are several people from these very forums I would nominate.

While I'll admit that I'm a bit skeptical about the OP's intent here, I do believe Home needs to also start evolving internally as well as thru content. because at this rate its all about selling and not helping

Personally I would not want to be a moderator or even have the "power" they do at that. I joined the HCV program to help not make others think that I have some how received power. We are no different than any other Home user, the only thing different is that we have a HCV Jacket and beacon so that new and old users can recognize us and ask us questions. And to the OP -- If you have any problem with any HCV pm "GlassWalls" here on the forums and inform him, he will take care of it from there. There is really no need to put this out into the public because it just starts these HCV debates that are constantly on the forums. If you need anything shoot me a friend request and I would be happy to help you with anything you need. 

Message 101 of 108 (396 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 25, 2012
We know, wave..we know Smiley Tongue

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 102 of 108 (389 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28403 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Anyone can create an account elsewhere using someone else's PSN ID.

Seriously, what do you get out of this every week? If you have an issue with me, why not send me a PM rather than derail discussions and disrupt the forum?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 103 of 108 (368 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
23 posts

Nov 25, 2012

XBL_Scout wrote:

Y U NO USEFUL? i sought out an hcv an messed via pm that i wanted to get an item on home. the hcv that i messaged and sent frined request to at first did not even add. when inquired why, the hcv in question directed me to another hcv that might have the item that i needed. once again i got snubbed. my third and final effort to elicit help from on of these "Home community volunteers" resulted in a messge back "yeah i can help you...later." LATER NEVER CAME. i messeaged 3 times asking the following week if he could ever make time to take me to a space which would have taken less than FIVE MINUTES. he deleted me. so, thanks a lot HCVs. thanks for nothing. luckily i met someone who did have the item, VincitOmniaX, and he took me to his space so i could get and the other items available from the cauldron of sinless kingdom. and even showed me where some other freebies were.

Dispatcher:  Attention all unit's, we have a 604. All unit's that copy, please respond to Page 1 - 12. 10-0 all units.

Unit: Copy, county.

Dispatcher:  Unit, 10-20?

Unit: County, 10-23, county

Dispatcher:  10-4, unit

Unit: County, we have a 10-10 in progress

Dispatcher:  Attention all units, 10-39....  I repeat, 10-39...

Unit: County, 10-60...  10-34 in progress...  10-78

Dispatcher: Copy, unit...

Unit: County, We need Fire Police to 10-58. Do not let the media get in, I repeat...

Dispatcher: Copy, unit...

(To be continued)

Message 104 of 108 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 6, 2013

So will there be another HVC for 2013 or will it be shut down?

NO HOME EVENT IS A BAD ONE! (03/23/09)
Message 105 of 108 (183 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28403 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Keep your eyes on this forum for any announcement regarding the recruitment of new Home Community Volunteers. GlassWalls will post an announcement when he is ready for new members.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 106 of 108 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I know a number of Home Community Volunteers. They are all very nice and very helpful. If there is one or more that you found to be rude you can always PM Glasswalls and discuss the issue with him. 

This is a busy time of the year with Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the holidays shopping so it might not be as easy for some to offer tours at the moment as they would be able to at other times.

Let me say just this, I know personally 2 HCV's and they are on my friends list ( at one time or another), because they need space on their list to accomadate requests like yours. As JD said, it is a busy time of year for them, not only in Home but their personal lives as well,,(which we seem to forget we/they have). I am not making excusses for them or for what happened in your case, I'm simply saying they are busy, I can't tell you how many times my friend HCV's have added and deleted me...not from rudeness, but because they needed the room to do tours and help others. I have plenty of the reward spaces and games, and would be willing to help, maybe help ease the load the HVC's already have.

Message 107 of 108 (164 Views)
Fender Bender
4236 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

I always wanted to be a hcv, ever since tje cb days. but even without the title i am always willing to lend a hand,

edit: This thread has run its course and will now be locked.

Message 108 of 108 (147 Views)
0 Likes