Ghost of Sparta
11622 posts

Re: Home community volunteers

Nov 25, 2012

pyrodragon5 wrote:

throwing panties and helping others find things is actually a great way to pick yourself up when depressed (i know this from experience)

Good point. I've thrown a few panties in my day, but I can never seem to find them afterwards, strange.

Message 91 of 108 (233 Views)
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Nov 25, 2012

dont know if it was autocorrect or because i got the flu.   was suppossed to be PARTIES

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 92 of 108 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Hi_lm_Adorable wrote:

So what you are saying is that all HCV's lack self-esteem and they use Home to try to fill that void? They sound like the type of people who should think about turning a gun on themselves.

Thank you. You have been very helpful. The fourumers have voted you top tagger for a reason.

To be fair, I wouldn't say all, but most. When they are feeling down they can go on Home and wear their guide hoodie and halo.

I heard this works way better than Zoloft.

Sometimes they host useless events and invite everyone to come see them dance. I would call this group therapy.

You seem to be a quick learner.

As long as we're being all analytical and [stuff], don't forget to look at the leaders of many of the fan projects. I've read a few samples of their work recently that were filled with so much grandiosity you could have used them to float the Hindenburg.

Message 93 of 108 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Nov 25, 2012
The entire PS-Home board has become a troll's banquet. Smiley Frustrated

Whether or not there is or is not an HCV program has no effect on my experience. Smiley Indifferent
Message 94 of 108 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Nov 25, 2012

conrad was the best hcv  home has ever seen  bar none.   ive seen the heat he took many times, he would shrug it off n move on to help sum1 else out.  ppl dnt like others saying it like it is. for those hoo dealt with him in the past realize the program works just fine.  n thats all i got2 say about that.

Message 95 of 108 (163 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

hyperkane wrote:
The entire PS-Home board has become a troll's banquet. Smiley Frustrated

Whether or not there is or is not an HCV program has no effect on my experience. Smiley Indifferent

I looked through my blocklist the other day on my ps3. I rarely add anyone to it and dont think i checked it in years. You know who was at the top of my list? You kane.  I remember you used to like to try to troll at the bowling alley. I think i got tired of getting the better of you and just blocked you eventually...lol...ahh good timesSmiley Happy

Message 96 of 108 (283 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Nov 25, 2012

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

pyrodragon5 wrote:

throwing panties and helping others find things is actually a great way to pick yourself up when depressed (i know this from experience)

Did I read this right? 

Throwing panties?

hot d*mn, where have these panty throwing HCVs been when im on Home?

Smiley Tongue

Message 97 of 108 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

pyrodragon5 wrote:

Did I read this right? 

Throwing panties?

hot d*mn, where have these panty throwing HCVs been when im on Home?

Smiley Tongue

I didn't see that as a requirement for HCV's when I gave a casual glance at the application. They didn't mention boxer's either. Was that somewhere in the fine print which I'm always much to lazy to read.

Humm. Smiley Happy

Message 98 of 108 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28379 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

First, I'd like to thank those who have said some nice things about me. Thank you.

When I was a Home Community Volunteer, I never said no to those who wanted assistance or a tour. Or if they just wanted to chat. I always made myself available to them, even if it meant quiting a game or even walking away from a Home sponsored event.

I tried to let people know the hours I was available - generally from midnight to 0600 weeknights (EST), earlier on weekends and holidays. If I wasn't able to reply to a question or request due to work or my being out of town, the moment I logged back in I would send a reply.

The HCVs are ordinary people who desire to help the community. And like many ordinary folks, they work, go to school, take vacations, become sick and play videogames. They may not be able to immediately respond to a question or request. But do give them time. And if they recieve many messages, one or more may be overlooked. Understanding that, I suggest that rather than contacting just one HCV with a question or request, send the same message to three or four.

Though many people in Home are willing to help, the beacon and hoodie makes it easier to find the help we may want. We can walk up to twenty people to ask for help. Though a few will refuse, a Home Community Volunteer will never say no.

With that said, I will always be available to help the community and to give tours. My hours are the same as before, midnight to 0600 (EST) and earlier and for longer hours on weekends and holidays.

And as mentioned previously, if anyone has an issue with a specific HCV, they need only send a PM to GlassWalls. He will take care of business if needed.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 99 of 108 (241 Views)
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

esco887 wrote:

conrad was the best hcv  home has ever seen  bar none.   ive seen the heat he took many times, he would shrug it off n move on to help sum1 else out.  ppl dnt like others saying it like it is. for those hoo dealt with him in the past realize the program works just fine.  n thats all i got2 say about that.

O_O IDK Conrad has a bad side...........

edit: inflammitory comment removed

Message 100 of 108 (191 Views)
0 Likes