Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: Home community volunteers

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

Are they really even needed anymore?

Open Houses are a lot more efficient, no waiting for a HCV to get online, you can visit an Open House as long as you want without feeling rushed.

We don't have anymore events like we use to,  when they would help organize them, and that was basically run to server to server looking for the managers to hang out.

Some could say they help people on Home, heck anyone can do that even without a Kmart blue light over their head.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 108 (282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I really don't think there needs to be any. It's not hard to help people already you don't need to apply for some special club which gives you beacons over your head to tell you you're helpful. A beacon saying you're helpful doesn't make it true.

It's not hard to get onto HCV it just takes time and handing out canned responses to LOOK helpful and gaming kudos between pals if necessary. Anyone could do it. Just some have the pride and dignity not to.

But don't get me wrong like, the HCV program has seen and still sees some great people join it and I'm sure those people I'm talking about applied with the honest notion that they really believed the program works and they could be more helpful than they somehow already are if they were part of it.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 12 of 108 (271 Views)
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Nov 24, 2012

To be fair there have been good and bad posts when it comes to the HCVs. Those who have been in the program and have helped in so many different ways fostering community are also human and make mistakes from time to time. Home users will sometimes use this against them and we end up here. Easy to see who support their fellow Home users here.

An interesting question was promted.. Do we still need HCVs? The answer is and always will be up to you. I have seen Home users help others in Home, and here on the forums volunteering your time to help others. No title. No ''glory'' no problem. Those selected as Official HCVs do the same thing. The program has always been a success in Sony's eyes. Several things that are now common everyday experiences in home among you is because of the HCV program. The program has served it's purpose 10 fold.

Like all things changes are made to keep up with progress. Sony has been making sweeping changes with regards to the PlayStation 3 experience. If you have been keeping tabs you may have noticed a folding in of apps, mobile, hand held and of course more and more games. The HCVs are still right where they need to be to keep up with these changes. Home is still their main focus but they will be looking outside the box and developing in a way that continues to foster community on a larger scale.

Continue your support for those who help others who do this. Title or not.

Jers

HomeStationMagazine
Message 13 of 108 (242 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

I dunno guys...the HCV's I know are cooler than the other side of the pillow and are always willing to lend a hand. Maybe a new program should be launched seperately ...where we have HCV's that actually moderate and mediate in Home...and Home Ambassadors that provide tours, showcase new items for would be but reluctant buyers, and promote events....in fact there are several people from these very forums I would nominate.

While I'll admit that I'm a bit skeptical about the OP's intent here, I do believe Home needs to also start evolving internally as well as thru content. because at this rate its all about selling and not helping

Message 14 of 108 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 24, 2012
All that ends up happening when these threads come along is the people like me who have never been or never want to be HCV's challenge why they exist in the first place. Then in the Blue corner we always have past or present HCV's defending the program which is equally as biased. It's never going to solve anything and we all aren't going to reach a conclusion all I can suggest is live and let live or if you just can't do that put forward a good case as to why we still need them or don't need them.

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 15 of 108 (227 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 24, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I dunno guys...the HCV's I know are cooler than the other side of the pillow and are always willing to lend a hand. Maybe a new program should be launched seperately ...where we have HCV's that actually moderate and mediate in Home...and Home Ambassadors that provide tours, showcase new items for would be but reluctant buyers, and promote events....in fact there are several people from these very forums I would nominate

And would you hope one day you get nominated or people you nominate help you out in some way? Probably do even if you don't realise it yet. There's a reason the normals like us don't have powahz. I find it odd and creepy and unncecessary MVP's can read edited posts as it is. The idea of giving HCV's more powers is a strange one in my book

@conrad_max

Message 16 of 108 (223 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Nov 24, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I dunno guys...the HCV's I know are cooler than the other side of the pillow and are always willing to lend a hand. Maybe a new program should be launched seperately ...where we have HCV's that actually moderate and mediate in Home...and Home Ambassadors that provide tours, showcase new items for would be but reluctant buyers, and promote events....in fact there are several people from these very forums I would nominate

And would you hope one day you get nominated or people you nominate help you out in some way? Probably do even if you don't realise it yet. There's a reason the normals like us don't have powahz. I find it odd and creepy and unncecessary MVP's can read edited posts as it is. The idea of giving HCV's more powers is a strange one in my book

HCVs can not nor will ever be moderators. <--- Period.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 17 of 108 (219 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Nov 24, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Naw...to be 100% honest with you bro, I have ZERO interest in becoming a mod in any capacity. I like to come and go at my own discretion and wouldnt want the assumed responsibility that would attach itself to me just for the sake of having a HCV icon flashing over my head.

But...on the flip side of that coin, I LOVE HELPING FOLKS in home whether it be thru helping them obtain free rewards, showing them spaces before they buy, pointing them in the right direction or even reporting someone that i witnessed that is giving them a hard time.

Plus I'm waaaaaaaaaaay too opinionated to ever entertain the thought of being a mod

Message 18 of 108 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Nov 24, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I dunno guys...the HCV's I know are cooler than the other side of the pillow and are always willing to lend a hand. Maybe a new program should be launched seperately ...where we have HCV's that actually moderate and mediate in Home...and Home Ambassadors that provide tours, showcase new items for would be but reluctant buyers, and promote events....in fact there are several people from these very forums I would nominate.

While I'll admit that I'm a bit skeptical about the OP's intent here, I do believe Home needs to also start evolving internally as well as thru content. because at this rate its all about selling and not helping

HCV's as Mods?

Possible the worst idea in the history of bad idea's ever to be on the forums. 

Don't get me wrong most of the HCV's are good people, but you don't want the majority of them anywhere near the ban button!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 108 (205 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Nov 24, 2012

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

HCV's as Mods?

Possible the worst idea in the history of bad idea's ever to be on the forums. 

Don't get me wrong most of the HCV's are good people, but you don't want the majority of them anywhere near the ban button!

Home cannot police itself, this has been proven since day one.

And because of this reason I wholeheartedly feel that there should be two seperate programs.

One to police Home (with a visible presence) ie Icon that says HCV or whatever.

And a second program that serves as Home Ambassadors dedicated to nothing more than helping people.

HCV's in my opinion are stretched pretty thin as is. But who knows, maybe its by design...but in order for Home to continue in its evolution this is something that should be addressed. A perfect example is the activity boards. had there been proper moderation the numbers of abuse would have dropped to null and we still would have the feature.

Its a two edged sword and both sides are sharp

Message 20 of 108 (184 Views)
0 Likes