Highlighted
Mar 28 2013
By: Akirasolid Fender Bender 3243 posts

Home community Question

10 replies 373 views Edited Mar 28, 2013

This has probably come up, but I am very interested to know what some people might do if sony doesn't support home for the ps4 or, if it is, it get's a complete overhaul and its not the same home you once knew?

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 1 of 11 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: Home community Question

Mar 28, 2013

I think PS4 will have it'sown version of home.

PS# handle
Message 2 of 11 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Mar 29, 2013
They most likely will... If it didn't make any income it wouldn't still be around. If they do in fact keep it going they need to make a new main core space and boot the Hub.
Message 3 of 11 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

I think that because Home was such a big success on ps3 that they'll definetly continue it on ps4.

bobs fed signature
Message 4 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

When I was at the alphazone Q&A event with Hellfire, a few of us asked indirect questions to novus-cooldown about if they were developing on the ps4, and they said no, just the ps3. I asked them if they planned on supporting home on the ps3 after the ps4 was released and they said yes, they plan on developing on home for a long time. So I think that kind of answers if they'll be around after the ps4 is released. If Sony has plans of shutting down home servers after the ps4 is released, these devs certainly haven't been given that memo. 

It does bother me though that if there is a plan to have a home like environment on the ps4, why haven't the developers started working on items for that system?

Message 5 of 11 (211 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3860 posts

Mar 29, 2013
:^/ Maybe they aren't allowed to talk about it. Non-Disclosure Agreements, or NDA's, are common practice in industry.
Message 6 of 11 (185 Views)
MVP Support
9849 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

This has probably come up, but I am very interested to know what some people might do if sony doesn't support home for the ps4 or, if it is, it get's a complete overhaul and its not the same home you once knew?

If Playstation Home is not on PS4 or if Playstation Home shuts down, I will just have to find something else to waste my time and money on. Smiley Very Happy I might do something crazy like, use my Playstation to play video games instead of going to Playstation Home. Smiley Very Happy

nyuk-o.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 7 of 11 (184 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Mar 29, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

When I was at the alphazone Q&A event with Hellfire, a few of us asked indirect questions to novus-cooldown about if they were developing on the ps4, and they said no, just the ps3. I asked them if they planned on supporting home on the ps3 after the ps4 was released and they said yes, they plan on developing on home for a long time. So I think that kind of answers if they'll be around after the ps4 is released. If Sony has plans of shutting down home servers after the ps4 is released, these devs certainly haven't been given that memo. 

It does bother me though that if there is a plan to have a home like environment on the ps4, why haven't the developers started working on items for that system?

so...then thats the answer then yeah? You asked the devs and they said theyre not developing on the ps4...so listen up everybody! Home will not be on the ps4. i guess they will continue it on the ps3 until the revenue dries up. i wonder how long the contracts are for. 2 years? 3?

Message 8 of 11 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Mar 29, 2013
'Will Home be on the PS4 in any form?' right now is still like asking 'When I die am I going to an afterlife?'

Some talk about being 'sure' one way or the other but the fact is, when it comes it comes. Some people live their lives waiting for the next and some enjoy the time they have in the moment. All there is to do is lay back and let whatever may be, come.
Support Forums
Message 9 of 11 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:  so...then thats the answer then yeah? You asked the devs and they said theyre not developing on the ps4...so listen up everybody! Home will not be on the ps4. i guess they will continue it on the ps3 until the revenue dries up. i wonder how long the contracts are for. 2 years? 3?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

They said they're not CURRENTLY developing on the ps4. It's completely possible that they'll develop on both the ps3 and ps4

Message 10 of 11 (119 Views)
0 Likes