I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: Home beta release may 1st

May 1, 2007

biglipsxi1 wrote:
but we donrt know if home allows you to meet people in other countries or not if it does then we are out of luck if it doesnt then we still have a chance

dont know why I care because I didnt get an email, but you've got a pretty sharp point
------------------------------------------------------------
- PSN: pitabun
- Xbox: pitabun
ADD ME!
Message 11 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
418 posts

May 1, 2007

pitabun wrote:

biglipsxi1 wrote:
but we donrt know if home allows you to meet people in other countries or not if it does then we are out of luck if it doesnt then we still have a chance

dont know why I care because I didnt get an email, but you've got a pretty sharp point

We do have a chance... id say by end of the day
Message 12 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 1, 2007
how do you know its goingto have diffrent servers? ive heard that it will have mutliple romms but not servers t

Message Edited by biglipsxi1 on 05-01-2007 02:03 PM
Got My Ps3 March 16 2007
PSN ID: Biglipsxi
Message 13 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
418 posts

May 1, 2007

biglipsxi1 wrote:
how do you know its goingto have diffrent servers? ive heard that it will have mutliple romms but not servers t

Message Edited by biglipsxi1 on 05-01-2007 02:03 PM

just an educated guess.... kinda like microsofts xbl
Message 14 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 1, 2007
no your right it wil be localized by region read this .......... from the home discussion thread........... we still have a chance

Sony opens up on Home
(GameSpot)

Home, sweet Home. That was the reaction from PlayStation 3 owners to Sony's keynote address at GDC 2007, where Phil Harrison unveiled the 3D online community for the PS3.

However, the sampling demonstrated that day didn't include all the hard facts that future Home owners wanted to know. In a document floated out by Sony to developers, some of those missing questions were answered.

First and foremost, the Home closed beta is scheduled to kick off in April with 15,000 users. This first stage of the beta will run through August, at which point it will enter the open beta phase and open up to approximately 50,000 users. The free service, which Sony is trying to get under 500MB in size, is scheduled to go live in October.

The Central Lounge, which is a starting point for virtual meet-and-greets, will have a cap of 64 concurrent users. Like online chat rooms, there will be several active Central Lounges on the network to accommodate users.

Though currently PS3-only, Sony is hoping to expand Home to be accessed by the PlayStation Portable and mobile phones, but admits it will be limited access. Sony did not say what features will be accessible or when other devices could connect to Home.

Currently, meeting someone in Home and then playing a multiplayer game with them requires both parties to exit Home and enter the game manually, but Sony says that eventually, everything will be seamless. Likewise, Home will eventually become accessible directly through a game that is being played.

At the present time, Home is not a persistent world. Gamers can not visit their friends' apartments unless their friends are logged in. "We are working on the persistent aspect of Home, and expect to implement it in the long term," says the note.

Among the other tidbits of information: users will be able to make money through online user-to-user auctions, there will be no child avatars, and lobbies will likely be localized and divided by region.

To see the entire document, download the file (.pdf format).
Got My Ps3 March 16 2007
PSN ID: Biglipsxi
Message 15 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

May 1, 2007
they will have ones server eventually since they have stated they it will be a persistent world but whether they have one server to start with seems unlikly since they are doing the beta by regions, and not in waves

Message 16 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
418 posts

May 1, 2007

Trill-Figga wrote:
they will have ones server eventually since they have stated they it will be a persistent world but whether they have one server to start with seems unlikly since they are doing the beta by regions, and not in waves

ya... and i think it has to do with time zones too... who knows... i just think it will be released b4 midnight tonight
Message 17 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Hopefully it will be up in NA very soon today :P

May 1, 2007
Hopefully it will be up in NA very soon today Smiley Tongue

PS3 60gb + PSP
psnID: fvs1
games: Resistance, Tony Hawk Project 8, CoD3, Motorstorm
362 posts

Re: Hopefully it will be up in NA very soon today :P

May 1, 2007
I doubt they will release it this close to the EU...........they gonna want everyone focused on the EU trails for the first few days to watch for any unseen problems then th NA team can launch their version and the Eu team could spare a few ppl if they needed to

Message 19 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Re: Hopefully it will be up in NA very soon today :P

May 1, 2007
01/05/2007 17:30 PlayStation Home European Closed Beta Test Starts Today

London, 1st May 2007. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that the first phase, closed beta test for Home, the 3D, online, avatar based community for PLAYSTATION?3 had begun.

Starting with an initially small group of both internal staff and known beta testers, the test will be opened up to many others at some point during the summer, including those registered on www.homebetatrial.com.

Related media files:

Underground Member since 1998

Get your Portable ID!

Message 20 of 34 (0 Views)
0 Likes