First Son
6 posts

Re: Home avatar = PSN avatar?

Aug 16, 2010

I like the this avatar idea, but there are some problems. Load times for people's profiles take forever as it is. Avatar images are only 300kb. To see the home avatar, the image size would be 4-5 times that size if there is to be any detail at all. All those images would have to be held on some server somewhere so that you can see it when the user if offline.

That would be a massive amount of data served, and PSN is still primarily free; So, I don't see it happening.

I can't stand how if you want to send a message, you have to wait for their darn psn avatar to load before you can send or even cancel the message. If there is to be a home avatar profile implementation, it would have to be a secondary avatar viewable within the profile. Possibly something that you could only see when the user is online so that the user could serve their own avatar image instead of a Playstation server.

Praise Mother :::bows:::

Message 21 of 24 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Aug 16, 2010
Couldn't they just incorporate the idea of having our Home characters as XMB avatars in the form of photos of our Avatar (maybe just their faces) so they'll properly fit in with the motif of the XMB's current avatars?

Let's say you make it something you could even do within Home itself, as a micro transaction like The Midway. So let's say they put the Photo Booth from the Valentine's Day event back in the Mall for this purpose, you could approach then use it, pay a small fee (let's say $0.49 like the Premium Avatar price) then get to take a mug shot of our Avatar doing whatever then have the option of saving that shot as our new XMB avatar.
Message 22 of 24 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
9466 posts

Aug 19, 2010

Good idea. Have the option of making your HOME avatar be your PSN avatar. Since we are starting to get game related costumes in HOME (BioShock, FF13, Star Wars). People would buy costumes in HOME, just so that it could be seen as their PSN avatar. More money for Sony.

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 23 of 24 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Aug 19, 2010

I want this to happen!!!!!!! Gimme Gimme Gimme.  It gives more incentive for people to look like themselves in avatar form, it gives people incentive to use home more often, AND I don't like psn avatars, there are too few psn avatars and too many of us.  I wanna be original damnit!!! Go home avatars go!!!

Message 24 of 24 (105 Views)
0 Likes