Apr 02 2010
By: CamronGirl I Only Post Everything 1307 posts

Home and a big way to satisfy the thousands....

21 replies 9 views Edited Apr 2, 2010

Hello, I have decided to make a thread to maybe give suggestion and help the common user... as many of you may know (if you have been on these forums for the past 6months or so) I like to give Home alot of credit.. maybe to much credit that it makes me look like I am "sucking up" to the Home Staff. But really my reason for giving them so much credit is that I find it very awesome the amount of technology that has been put into home.. I mean I went to the Home Theatre and sat down and watched the Tester this morning without even leaving my house I really like that.... So I do not really notice the negative things in home.. Maybe I should consider them but they do not bother me as much as they do other people.

But now to the point.... recently there has been talk of Home loseing users for issues that have occured such as the tropical space missing furniture, users not reciving vitual items, and users not getting answers... well I have a soulution to this problem maybe before you purchase an item there should be a messages stateing that you may not recive this item if purchase and that if you do not recive tis item you may contact whoever I think that would clear up alot of panic and would make people be more careful when buying items and maybe it will help the managers and Home Staff from reciving complaints and asking what to do...

Also something that users have to understand is Home is a working progress... may people do not uderstand that Home is one of few networks like this and that it will have its mistakes.... now yes I will be honest if I bought a item on Home and didnt recive it I would be very upset so i do understand some of your futration and anger but the best thing to do is to just relax and enjoy makeing friedns in home and the rest will work its self out... Also users have to realize that the HCM and MOD are not here to be our friends.. they are here not because they want to but because they have to it is there job.. and I am sure they enjoy there job... So people have to understand that there job is to keep home safe and undercontrol not to keep up with us on the forums and to reply to every single complaint and issue .... and they try to help as much as possible but they can only do so much..... well I will quit blabering lol anyway just wanted to maybe help out and maybe give advice.

Message 1 of 22 (9 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Re: Home and a big way to satisfy the thousands....

Apr 2, 2010

CamronGirl wrote:

Hello, I have decided to make a thread to maybe give suggestion and help the common user... as many of you may know (if you have been on these forums for the past 6months or so) I like to give Home alot of credit.. maybe to much credit that it makes me look like I am "sucking up" to the Home Staff. But really my reason for giving them so much credit is that I find it very awesome the amount of technology that has been put into home.. I mean I went to the Home Theatre and sat down and watched the Tester this morning without even leaving my house I really like that.... So I do not really notice the negative things in home.. Maybe I should consider them but they do not bother me as much as they do other people.

But now to the point.... recently there has been talk of Home loseing users for issues that have occured such as the tropical space missing furniture, users not reciving vitual items, and users not getting answers... well I have a soulution to this problem maybe before you purchase an item there should be a messages stateing that you may not recive this item if purchase and that if you do not recive tis item you may contact whoever I think that would clear up alot of panic and would make people be more careful when buying items and maybe it will help the managers and Home Staff from reciving complaints and asking what to do...

Also something that users have to understand is Home is a working progress... may people do not uderstand that Home is one of few networks like this and that it will have its mistakes.... now yes I will be honest if I bought a item on Home and didnt recive it I would be very upset so i do understand some of your futration and anger but the best thing to do is to just relax and enjoy makeing friedns in home and the rest will work its self out... Also users have to realize that the HCM and MOD are not here to be our friends.. they are here not because they want to but because they have to it is there job.. and I am sure they enjoy there job... So people have to understand that there job is to keep home safe and undercontrol not to keep up with us on the forums and to reply to every single complaint and issue .... and they try to help as much as possible but they can only do so much..... well I will quit blabering lol anyway just wanted to maybe help out and maybe give advice.

Well, acually they are here because they want to be. If they didn't want to be they would find another job. And yeah, i bet they do love their job, i would. They don't have to use the forums and communicate with us though. I think that is their option. They mainly watch over the support forum because they have to report the issues over to the side of the Home Team that fixes that stuff. But, good advice though Cam. Yes, Home is still a Beta/work in process so when errors happen, we just have to deal with it until it is fixed. Lately freezing spaces and errors get fixed quickly.

Message 2 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
797 posts

Apr 2, 2010

CamronGirl wrote:

Hello, I have decided to make a thread to maybe give suggestions and help the common user. As many of you may know, (if you have been on these forums for the past 6 months or so) I like to give Home a lot of credit. Maybe too much credit that it makes me look like I am "sucking up" to the Home staff. However, my real reason for giving them so much credit is that I find it very awesome the amount of technology that has been put into home. I mean I went to the Home theater and sat down and watched The Tester this morning without even leaving my house. I really like that. So I do not really notice the negative things in home. Maybe I should consider them, but they do not bother me as much as they do other people.

But now to the point. Recently there has been talk of Home losing users for issues that have occurred such as the tropical space missing furniture, users notreceiving virtual items, and users not getting answers.Well I have a solution to this problem. Maybe before you purchase an item there should be a messages stating that you may not receive this item if purchase, and that if you do not receive this item you may contact whomever. I think that would clear up a lot of panic, and would make people be more careful when buying items, and maybe it will help the managers and Home Staff from receiving complaints and asking what to do.

Also something that users have to understand is Home is a work in progress. May people do not understand that Home is one of few networks like this, and that it will have it's mistakes. Now yes, I will be honest, if I bought a item on Home and didn't receive it I would be very upset. So i do understand some of your frustration and anger, but the best thing to do is to just relax and enjoy making friends in home and the rest will work its self out. Also, users have to realize that the HCMs and MODs are not here to be our friends. They are here not because they want to, but because they have to it is their job. I am sure they enjoy their job. So people have to understand that their job is to keep home safe and under control. Not to keep up with us on the forums and to reply to every single complaint and issue. and They try to help as much as possible, but they can only do so much. Well I will quit blabbering. lol Anyway just wanted to maybe help out and maybe give advice.

Camron2english

Message 3 of 22 (9 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 2, 2010

x-cult wrote:

CamronGirl wrote:

Hello, I have decided to make a thread to maybe give suggestions and help the common user. As many of you may know, (if you have been on these forums for the past 6 months or so) I like to give Home a lot of credit. Maybe too much credit that it makes me look like I am "sucking up" to the Home staff. However, my real reason for giving them so much credit is that I find it very awesome the amount of technology that has been put into home. I mean I went to the Home theater and sat down and watched The Tester this morning without even leaving my house. I really like that. So I do not really notice the negative things in home. Maybe I should consider them, but they do not bother me as much as they do other people.

But now to the point. Recently there has been talk of Home losing users for issues that have occurred such as the tropical space missing furniture, users notreceiving virtual items, and users not getting answers.Well I have a solution to this problem. Maybe before you purchase an item there should be a messages stating that you may not receive this item if purchase, and that if you do not receive this item you may contact whomever. I think that would clear up a lot of panic, and would make people be more careful when buying items, and maybe it will help the managers and Home Staff from receiving complaints and asking what to do.

Also something that users have to understand is Home is a work in progress. (Many)May people do not understand that Home is one of few networks like this, and that it will have it's mistakes. Now yes, I will be honest, if I bought an item on Home and didn't receive it, I would be very upset. So i do understand some of your frustration and anger, but the best thing to do is to just relax and enjoy making friends in home and the rest will work (itself) its self out. Also, users have to realize that the HCMs and MODs are not here to be our friends. They are here not because they want to, but because they have to it is their job. I am sure they enjoy their job. So people have to understand that their job is to keep home safe and under control. Not to keep up with us on the forums and to reply to every single complaint and issue. and They try to help as much as possible, but they can only do so much. Well I will quit blabbering. lol Anyway just wanted to maybe help out and maybe give advice.

Camron2english

Missed a few...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 22 (9 Views)
Wastelander
552 posts

Apr 2, 2010

Thanks for editing, guys. Now I can read it.

Message 5 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Apr 2, 2010

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

x-cult wrote:

CamronGirl wrote:

Also something that users have to understand is Home is a work in progress. (Many)May people do not understand that Home is one of few networks like this, and that it will have it's mistakes. Now yes, I will be honest, if I bought an item on Home and didn't receive it, I would be very upset. So i do understand some of your frustration and anger, but the best thing to do is to just relax and enjoy making friends in home and the rest will work (itself) its self out. Also, users have to realize that the HCMs and MODs are not here to be our friends. They are here not because they want to, but because they have to it is their job. I am sure they enjoy their job. So people have to understand that their job is to keep home safe and under control. Not to keep up with us on the forums and to reply to every single complaint and issue. and They try to help as much as possible, but they can only do so much. Well I will quit blabbering. lol Anyway just wanted to maybe help out and maybe give advice.

Camron2english

Missed a few...

Mock me not, that was HARD.

Message 6 of 22 (9 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Apr 2, 2010

I think the better solution will be if they give people what they paid for instead of a dinky note saying you may not get all of what you paid for.  Or even better, come up with a system where when you buy, you receive redeem codes for each item via email.  The catch, the code doesn't work if you have the item you bought (so people can't buy and give the code to friends as gifts, BUT, that'd make a perfect gift giving device, can't forget this one!).  If users think they didn't get everything, simply typing in the code lets them know.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Apr 2, 2010

CamronGirl wrote:

well usually ppl start threads here on the forums about those issues & warn sum ppl like I didn't buy somethin after I heard it not being given but sum ppl don't visit the forums so maybe once the devs find out about the errors they can put a warning label on it or somethin but about ur overall topic, I like Home very much prolly just as much as u but I still see the faults & don't give credit when something doesn't go as planned like I remember the bombeman event, I was so infuriated, but anyways I guess ppl have different outlooks, i'm not callin u a suck-up Camron, nvr have, but really u shouldn't always give em credit

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 8 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

Apr 2, 2010
-----CamronGirl wrote:

I mean I went to the Home theater and sat down and watched The Tester this morning without even leaving my house. I really like that. So I do not really notice the negative things in home.  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it's not like you're gonna go watch the Tester anywhere else. Unless you don't have cable or something. Anyway, I think they need to work on this issue before it becomes an issue, that probably made no sense, but whatever.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 2, 2010

x-cult wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

x-cult wrote:

CamronGirl wrote:

Camron2english

Missed a few...

Mock me not, that was HARD.

We're just teasing with you Camron,,. You're such a sweetie and we love you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes