Jul 20 2007
By: vegnadragon Hekseville Citizen 328 posts

Home and UCC

3 replies 9 views Edited Jul 20, 2007
Well, I want to know if Sony released tools or info about UCC (User Created Content) yet, i want to know at least if it exists. Ever since Home debut in GDC, Sony said that Home will implement User Created Content (UCC) on Home. I recall it quite well saying that we could create a environment (with a Phil  interview, he even mentioned that we could use Maya) and add some games. Well, it seems quite possible since this year E3 showed us that you can use your cell phone to access some Home functionality. I read today in a interview with Phil that that application was running on Java, so I guess that games arcades can be created but as far as the environment I don’t have any clue. In E307, in their conference Phil made a announcement that you will be able to import model from a media device and upload it to home, which I think it is a great choice that Sony made (allowing user created content).
Message 1 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Re: Home and UCC

Jul 20, 2007
actual rooms and stuff will be created by various companies and a presume users won't be able to create games. I presume that we will get more info about what users can creat and how when we get closer to the final release.
3 Out Of 2 People Don't Understand Fractions. My ID is stickyblah feel free to add me.
Message 2 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jul 20, 2007
As far as GDC goes, Phil was talking about how game developers would be able to import models from their games, and create custom environments based around their games.  (Keep in mind that GDC is the Game Developers Conference, so they don't talk to the gamer as much as they talk to the developers.)  Developers can use Maya to create environments.  Not users.

As for E3'07, I never heard anything about importing models from a media device.  And I've watched the whole darn thing.  Maybe you're getting it confused with importing still images or video from media devices.

Honestly, there has been no announcements about user created content, and I doubt there ever will be.  Beyond possibly creating clothing of some kind.
Message 3 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jul 20, 2007
You crushed my dreams Smiley Tongue What you said about GDC makes senses, i feel dumb now.

Well, here is the video that phil says that there is a possibility that you can import models from a media device.
http://www.n4g.com/News-51792.aspx

Message Edited by vegna on 07-20-2007 03:35 AM

Message Edited by vegna on 07-20-2007 03:39 AM
Message 4 of 4 (9 Views)
0 Likes