Highlighted
Dec 12 2008
By: paul1975 Sackboy 548 posts

Home = WOW

13 replies 6 views Edited Dec 12, 2008

Let me first say that I wasn't a part of the initial Beta, so when I downloaded Home last night, I was trying it for the first time. It's amazing.

What boggles my mind though are the people who do nothing but complain. I understand that it's taken years to launch, and it's still not without it's problems, but  Home is a HUGE endeavour, so of course there will be bumps in the road. Sony is thinking long term, just like any major company should.

Home is evolutionary, and it has put me right back on board with Sony's "10 year plan". I know that it's  pretty bare-bones know, but the potential is unbelieveable. 

If you do have a PS3, consider yourself lucky, and enjoy the ride.

Message 1 of 14 (6 Views)
Wastelander
824 posts

Re: Home = WOW

Dec 12, 2008
They items cost to much. I don't buy virtual items.
Message 2 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2066 posts

Dec 12, 2008

SaitanikJames wrote:

There is much more to do than buy virtual items.  But I agree, they won't get a dime out of me for clothes and furniture in a video game.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 3 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Dec 12, 2008

SaitanikJames wrote:

Considering that the Home service is FREE and the simple fact that you're getting your basic home space and wardrobe, Pool, Bowling, SaucerPop, Ice Breaker, Carriage Return and an arcade version of Echochrome all for FREE.  It seems more than a little wrong to complain about paying for premium extras.

Message Edited by Highlander992k on 12-12-2008 11:06 AM

Home is free, but the drinks cost extra.

Home auto-reply text for female avatars :-

"I'm sorry, I cannot respond now, I am playing this game. My age is immaterial. No, I am much better looking than my Avatar. No, I won't do that. Leave me alone you sleaze bag. Oh, sorry, not you, the other guy. Please can you just let me play this game. No, I don't like that dance. No, you can't sit there. Oh, come on, would you just get up you immature jerk! Alright, I'm nearly done, can you please let me be so I can concentrate on finishing this game for now?"

Home auto-reply text for male avatars :-

"Dood!"

Message 4 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 12, 2008
If this many people keep playing Home they will probably give us more free stuff.  Actually not probably they will give us more free stuff.  I think they will make it worth our while.
Message 5 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4063 posts

Dec 12, 2008

Highlander992k wrote:

SaitanikJames wrote:

Considering that the Home service is FREE and the simple fact that you're getting your basic home space and wardrobe, Pool, Bowling, SaucerPop, Ice Breaker, Carriage Return and an arcade version of Echochrome all for FREE.  It seems more than a little wrong to complain about paying for premium extras.

They have to make money somehow.

Message 6 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4063 posts

Dec 12, 2008

paul1975 wrote:

Let me first say that I wasn't a part of the initial Beta, so when I downloaded Home last night, I was trying it for the first time. It's amazing.

What boggles my mind though are the people who do nothing but complain. I understand that it's taken years to launch, and it's still not without it's problems, but  Home is a HUGE endeavour, so of course there will be bumps in the road. Sony is thinking long term, just like any major company should.

Home is evolutionary, and it has put me right back on board with Sony's "10 year plan". I know that it's  pretty bare-bones know, but the potential is unbelieveable. 

If you do have a PS3, consider yourself lucky, and enjoy the ride.

Actually it has taken more than a year. I have been beta testing since may 07. There has been little progress.

I hope now things change.

Message 7 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1376 posts

Dec 12, 2008

Gossard7 wrote:

SaitanikJames wrote:

There is much more to do than buy virtual items.  But I agree, they won't get a dime out of me for clothes and furniture in a video game.

congrats youare not a tool

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Hullucinate
Message 8 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 12, 2008
hence charging $400 for a console and $60 for a game..
Message 9 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1328 posts

Dec 12, 2008

Louie wrote:

Highlander992k wrote:

SaitanikJames wrote:

They have to make money somehow.

dude, why does sony need to make money? they make like a trillion dollors a day...

, , ,
, , , , , ,
Message 10 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes