Nov 25 2008
By: SpookyJuice Sackboy 549 posts

Home Voice Quality

9 replies 9 views Edited Nov 25, 2008
So I havnt gotten the change to Beta PlayStation Home, but thats no big deal. My question is for everyone who currently has the Beta. How is the quality of the Headsets in PlayStation Home?
Message 1 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Re: Home Voice Quality

Nov 25, 2008
¤ It seems to be just as good as a chat room on the PSN with friends.  I just think that during a phone call, they need to have an open mic feature.  It's a pain to keep pushing R2 to talk.  Anywhere else though, needs to be push to talk, or else you'll just here idiots talking the whole time
Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 2 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Nov 25, 2008
Message 3 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3296 posts

Nov 25, 2008
Quality has so far been great with my Warhawk headset.
Message Edited by freak020 on 11-25-2008 06:41 AM
freak020
Message 4 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Nov 25, 2008

Voice quality is the same with any other PS3 scenario.

Pretty impressive considering all the people. 

Message 5 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Nov 25, 2008

SpookyJuice wrote:
Whats this "Phone Call" Feature?

¤ Lets say you just entered Home, and you are at your place.  You see one of your buddies online in home as well.  You can access your PSP and select that friend from your friends list and you will see the option to 'Phone friend'.  Select that and you'll start to hear ringing, your friends PSP will start ringing and they will have the option to pick up the call.  If they pick up, it basically establishes a direct connection between you and your friend.  You can stay at home and your friend can be playing a game of bowling and you can talk as long as you want.  If he leaves bowling and goes elsewhere, you can still talk no matter where you are.  It only ends if one of you hang up

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 6 of 10 (9 Views)
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Nov 25, 2008

SpoolnBad wrote:

SpookyJuice wrote:
Whats this "Phone Call" Feature?

¤ Lets say you just entered Home, and you are at your place.  You see one of your buddies online in home as well.  You can access your PSP and select that friend from your friends list and you will see the option to 'Phone friend'.  Select that and you'll start to hear ringing, your friends PSP will start ringing and they will have the option to pick up the call.  If they pick up, it basically establishes a direct connection between you and your friend.  You can stay at home and your friend can be playing a game of bowling and you can talk as long as you want.  If he leaves bowling and goes elsewhere, you can still talk no matter where you are.  It only ends if one of you hang up

Sounds neat!!! Can't wait to try it out

Message 7 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
735 posts

Nov 25, 2008

SpookyJuice wrote:
So I havnt gotten the change to Beta PlayStation Home, but thats no big deal. My question is for everyone who currently has the Beta. How is the quality of the Headsets in PlayStation Home?

The quality change because :

1 : the headset used are crappy and very cheap (sometimes cheap dosnt mean crappy ) 

2 : the internet connection of the user are crappy and laggy because Or he's internet connection are very weak like a 56ks OR he have a very good connection but he is using he's big PC in the background to download 40GB of stuff and weaken the internet connection.

Since i am in , everybody thats use audio have a very good quality  , some use it to play some good music too .I even saw a Little Gang talking incredibly rude to eachother like they are from the geto near the Bowling alley ! pretty funny ! I mute all of them since they wouldnt shut it !

There were a group of people on the planet not too long ago that enjoyed censoring all things they didnt agree with. They called themselves Nazis. They too had an agenda and infiltrated the political system of their country. They too called themselves patriots. The United States was founded on religious freedom and the right to worship as freely as you see fit. It was not founded by a bunch of narrow minded totalitarians that tried to force their book of fairy tales on everyone.
Message 8 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Nov 25, 2008
Sounds like Private Chat. I hope they integrate this into the XMB.
Message 9 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Nov 25, 2008

SpookyJuice wrote:
Sounds like Private Chat. I hope they integrate this into the XMB.

¤ That's exactly what it is.  No one else can you hear you and you can't hear any of idiots running around either.

Message 10 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes