Wastelander
658 posts

Re: Home Tycoon update: Worker regen fixed + more!

Oct 26, 2012

AWESOME!  Now heres an idea, how bout introducing sme buildings that don't cost 400 coins or any coins for that matter.

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 41 of 64 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Hi halo_nothing, I emailed Hellfire about both the goggles and gloves shown on AZ4. They quicky responded that both those reward items are from a Future expansion pack which has not been released yet. Somehow AZ4 jumped the gun posting them.
Posted Image

Message 42 of 64 (386 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Oct 26, 2012

ITCOB1 wrote:
Hi halo_nothing, I emailed Hellfire about both the goggles and gloves shown on AZ4. They quicky responded that both those reward items are from a Future expansion pack which has not been released yet. Somehow AZ4 jumped the gun posting them.

Awesome, thank you for finding out. 

Message 43 of 64 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

I bought the 50 buck package..for what I guess was on coins and a gold car...I have one coin left...So the game is now non playable?Whats the deal with the no coin no play thing..? If I am wrong about this, someone correct me. These coins were consumables?. You run out..your out? Is that it?..I'm done unless I spend more real money for in game coins? Just trying to wrap my head around this....style.

Message 44 of 64 (331 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 26, 2012

That's Facebook-style, musicman!

Check out Cityville or Simcity Social to see where Home games are going.

Message 45 of 64 (321 Views)
Fender Bender
3519 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

Oh....Smiley SadTY for that info!
PS..See what I did there?...Hellfire?..Facebook?..Is that where we are headed?
Message 46 of 64 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Oct 26, 2012

musicman1234 wrote:

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

Oh....Smiley SadTY for that info!
PS..See what I did there?...Hellfire?..Facebook?..Is that where we are headed?

Yes.  The days of Sodium1 and Novus Prime are replaced with Facebook games like FUBAR and Home Tycoon.  That seems to be what everyone wants though, so I can't really blame them for going this munny-grubbing-for-no-content route.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 47 of 64 (281 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

Perish_Song wrote:
Now can we get  a few balancing buildings? I've noticed the condos, and luxury towers and such bring in droves of residents, but the corporate towers at best bring in 680 jobs, and worse is that it  brings in about 77 polution, and the best polution removing solution are family farms.

We're updating the employment, pollution, and happiness numbers across the board in our next game update. You're correct, employment is skewed lower than population at the moment, and we're working to balance those numbers now.

That's cool, because things are really unbalanced.

Perish_Song
Message 48 of 64 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Oct 27, 2012
So now I can't collect money cause my buildings are not generating money, where as before they did just fine... What's changed?... Your "fix".
Geez.
How about a freaking guide for all that junk in the bottom right? What ALL the symbols mean? How do things effect growth, productivity, happiness?

And no this was not a quick fix... not when you waited to "fix" it cause you were busy releasing bugged handle down wings instead.
Message 49 of 64 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I downloaded Home Tycoon 2 days ago, after seeing the ad on my Playstation startup that claimed it was a "free game". Once I started however, I was constantly bombarded with popups when I tried to build half of the buildings available, some major game functions are only available by paying for them, and there appears to be no way to restart the game if you have a botched city.

I was very upset that Playstation has begun to treat its customers in this way, by offering games that pose as free, but require a fairly large price to actually be able to play the game to any extent.

I checked over and over, and in playstation blog articles, on PSN and in other PS3 related websites Home Tycoon is listed as a "free game" where with one click you can start your "free city".

I realise that PSN and the folks at Hellfire likely did the research and found that tricks like this do lead to higher revenues, but at the same time they should be mindful that it leads to many, many frustrated, angry, and disappointed customers that now link this type of cheap wanna-be product with both Hellfire and Playstation.

If you are going to make a game and call it free, keep it free, many of us left your competitors in this market because of tricks and scams like this.

Message 50 of 64 (217 Views)