Feb 27 2013
By: Novus-Cooldown Hellfire Developer 775 posts

Home Tycoon update: Ocean Breeze Building Pack

[ Edited ]
13 replies 466 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

We've got more new content out today to spruce up your city's beachfront property in Home Tycoon: the Ocean Breeze Building Pack! This new pack unlocks four festive residential buildings with improved stats: Sea Shell Cottages, Blue Mist Lodges, Oceanview Condos, and Wave Break Estate. None of these buildings cost additional Gold Coins once unlocked.

Pro tip: the Wave Break Estate even reduces your Crime and Pollution levels. Smiley Wink

Ocean Breeze Building Pack

Gallery below:

Ocean Breeze Pack 1

Ocean Breeze Pack 2

Ocean Breeze Pack 3

Ocean Breeze Pack 4

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 1 of 14 (466 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Home Tycoon update: Ocean Breeze Building Pack

Feb 27, 2013

Cool, but I'll repeat what I said in a different thread:

How come there are never commercial buildings in these packs? This is the third expansion set with nothing but residential.

I love the building packs, and the nautical theme is great, but I'd like to see some themed commercial buildings thrown in.

For example:

Halloween: Farm stand, corn maze, candy store

Christmas: Holiday market, tree lot

Beach: Surf shop, salt water taffy stand, boardwalk arcade

The added features in the last three packs have been great, but I'm left with purely residential suburbs and big clumps of office buildings and high rise apartments downtown. How about some commercial-only building packs with restaurants, boutique stores or big-box stores? I have a feeling that the extra variety would be appreciated by players.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 2 of 14 (455 Views)
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

How come there are never commercial buildings in these packs? This is the third expansion set with nothing but residential.

Not quite true. The Golden Building Pack unlocks the Golden Tower as well as the Golden Offices, one of the best affordable commercial buildings in the game with a $3,000 payout per collection and 2,800 Employment.

We've got some pretty awesome non-residential buildings coming in the next big update. Smiley Wink

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 3 of 14 (444 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 27, 2013

The Golden pack is the only one I can think of that has residential and commercial.

Just something to think about. Glad to hear that there's some more commercial variety on the way as well. Can we get some of those cheesy Times Square electronics stores with the flashing lights? I need to recreate some Blade Runner locations. Smiley Happy

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 4 of 14 (432 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Feb 28, 2013
This expansion, the gold pack, and both the winter and Fall/Halloween packs are simply reskins of existing building styles.PLEASE create new building styles. This pack makes the 4th reskin of the same 3 residental buildings. BORING!
Posted Image

Message 5 of 14 (394 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Feb 28, 2013

The Ocean Breeze Buildings have more than enough color in each, to make a big difference in appearance over that of their same design siblings.

I didn't know what to expect when I bought the Pack, but I am very happy, especially since the cost is very reasonable.

If you aren't sure what they may look like, I have all four on display. Come look, if you wish. You can always find my Main City by looking in the Popular Catagory. I try to put out as many different buildings as I can Smiley Happy

Which reminds me : I've probably missed a few. . . another redesign, I need more space .. omg, now I'll have to drag the Architect, and the Engineer out of the Donut Shop.

Novus : I am delighted to hear that more Commercial Buildings are on the way. I may need you to bring out an Military Base Expansion Pack, and throw some M1 Abrams and M2 Bradleys into the Vehicle section. I keep looking over the Bridge at my neighbors city and thinking " That looks roomy " Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 6 of 14 (380 Views)
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

The Ocean Breeze Buildings have more than enough color in each, to make a big difference in appearance over that of their same design siblings.

I didn't know what to expect when I bought the Pack, but I am very happy, especially since the cost is very reasonable.

Thanks Lil! Glad you're enjoying it. We think it's a great pack for players who want more variety in their cities, and also for those who want to reduce Crime without unlocking the Crime and Punishment expansion. This is our cheapest building pack yet and it's 100% optional, as always.

Message 7 of 14 (354 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I did not notice the corrective crime stats. That is a plus. And yes the colorized reskin is well done. The price is right. Bye the way, I have 3 cities and have acquied all expansions on release day. But, my appeal remains the same. How about some NEW residential designs.
Posted Image

Message 8 of 14 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Feb 28, 2013

New buildings in the works as we speak. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14 (317 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

New buildings in the works as we speak. Smiley Happy

Good to hear!  After Revenues and Science expansion I don't think my city is suited for small houses and apt complexes.  I want more soaring skyscrapers and giant city block buildings a-la Judge Dredd.

I like that this pack only cost coins once then you can rebuy the buildings with in game money.  If any other types of buildings were released this way I would get them.

Thanks for the constant updates to the game.