Fender Bender
2651 posts

Re: Home Tycoon growth

Dec 26, 2012
You might be right. I'm planning to knock down most of those industrial parks anyway. They served their purpose for employment but they are ugly. Hopefully, we won't be expected to buy a bunch of Transutopia buildings.

I don't mind tearing down and rebuilding freebies. It keeps the game going.
castle3
Message 21 of 40 (522 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

Just FYI, the city on my EU account has the following stats.

Population  152,207

Happiness  611

Pollution  3912

Crime  149

Employment  30%

Growth rate  -16%

Income rate 80%

4 GloboSyn towers, 1 World Tower

10 Industrial parks (I'll probably demolish some of these to place nicer buildings)

14 Hometown towers

0 paid upgrades

...and 2.4 million in the city coffers Smiley LOL

It doesn't appear to me that happiness or pollution are affecting much. 

castle3
Message 22 of 40 (498 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

mine is:

population:  around 95,000

happiness:  around 3000

pollution:  around -180

crime:  around -80

employment:  35-40%

growth rate:  around 190%

income rate:  around 110%

ive got A LOT of buildings, including expansion and coin buildings.

i really have no idea how growth works now. Smiley Very Happy

really annoyed that there arent commercial buildings that increase employment by more than 2000 that dont increase pollution by hundreds. the GloboSyn Tower is ok, but its not enough. id need like 10 more of them to make a difference, and by then my stats would be crippled. Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 40 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Dec 27, 2012
well I finally got over 50k population, but my growth rate is still hurting. maybe I have too much housing, but im still at 100% employment.

Message 24 of 40 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

Nanshe wrote:

Please fix the Growth rate problem!

Also without using coins the only option to increase happiness is to build lake parks (120 happniess)

The growth rate acts as designed -- high Pollution and low Happiness will cause growth to drop and citizens will start to leave if it gets too low. If your Pollution is too high, build other buildings to cleanse Pollution or destroy some of your Pollution creators. It's all about balance! Same goes for Happiness.

Keep in mind that although you unlock new GloboSyn buildings in the Aggressive Promotions mission series, you don't need to keep them around after you've reached the mission's goals if you don't want to. If you want to enjoy the employment and revenue perks of the GloboSyn buildings, you'll need to balance those stats out to keep your city in good shape.

Also note: We've submitted an update that re-buffs some of the GloboSyn buildings that we tweaked in the Rising Revenues update, so Pollution won't weigh as heavily on those buildings. This update will also fix the problem where using Move on a building resets its population stats, as well as another bug with using Move. Which brings me to this public service announcement:

Please use Destroy to rebuild any buildings that you've spent Gold Coins on to make sure it goes back into your inventory. Using Move on a Gold Coin building can currently remove it from your inventory. We're expecting this fix to go through after Sony gets back to the office from the holidays.

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 25 of 40 (435 Views)
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

Nanshe wrote:

Please fix the Growth rate problem!

Also without using coins the only option to increase happiness is to build lake parks (120 happniess)

The growth rate acts as designed -- high Pollution and low Happiness will cause growth to drop and citizens will start to leave if it gets too low. If your Pollution is too high, build other buildings to cleanse Pollution or destroy some of your Pollution creators. It's all about balance! Same goes for Happiness.

Keep in mind that although you unlock new GloboSyn buildings in the Aggressive Promotions mission series, you don't need to keep them around after you've reached the mission's goals if you don't want to. If you want to enjoy the employment and revenue perks of the GloboSyn buildings, you'll need to balance those stats out to keep your city in good shape.

Also note: We've submitted an update that re-buffs some of the GloboSyn buildings that we tweaked in the Rising Revenues update, so Pollution won't weigh as heavily on those buildings. This update will also fix the problem where using Move on a building resets its population stats, as well as another bug with using Move. Which brings me to this public service announcement:

Please use Destroy to rebuild any buildings that you've spent Gold Coins on to make sure it goes back into your inventory. Using Move on a Gold Coin building can currently remove it from your inventory. We're expecting this fix to go through after Sony gets back to the office from the holidays.

sounds fantastic!

now i can no longer dread moving my towers and having to wait an hour for the population to go back up.

also, what should we do if our gold coin buildings dont go into the inventory?

ill be sure to take in-game pics on mine before i move them just in case. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 40 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Dec 28, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

also, what should we do if our gold coin buildings dont go into the inventory?

ill be sure to take in-game pics on mine before i move them just in case. Smiley Happy

E-mail us at info@hellfiregames.com if you've lost a building and we'll check out your account to verify and add it back to your inventory for you as soon as we can. Smiley Happy

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 27 of 40 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Dec 28, 2012

How is someone who is currently not on the Revenue Leaderboard supposed to determine how much revenue they have collected since it was reset at that update?  I currently have about 9 million and am not on the board, but I have no idea how much I've collected since the update.  I could be sitting right next to the leaderboard and want to pursue it, or I might be miles away and it wouldn't be worth my time?  How can I tell?  DG

Posted Image
Message 28 of 40 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Digitman3 wrote:

How is someone who is currently not on the Revenue Leaderboard supposed to determine how much revenue they have collected since it was reset at that update?  I currently have about 9 million and am not on the board, but I have no idea how much I've collected since the update.  I could be sitting right next to the leaderboard and want to pursue it, or I might be miles away and it wouldn't be worth my time?  How can I tell?  DG

Hmmm... you'll know when you see your name on the leaderboard, I guess! 

Message 29 of 40 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Dec 28, 2012

So there is no way to know.  Thanks for the honest answer anyway.  Smiley Indifferent  DG

Posted Image
Message 30 of 40 (401 Views)
0 Likes