Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Re: Home Tycoon growth

Dec 17, 2012
maybe its now fixed for me, people are starting to come back without me adding or destroying anything yesterday. cmon 50k!

Message 11 of 40 (558 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

there seems to be a very sensitive happiness/pollution/crime ratio that effects growth.

ive noticed that unless you have a very high happiness level, something in the 2000's, your growth will be vastly effected by pollution. anything over 300 will cripple your city growth and plummet it into the negative. any pollution level above 1000 will destroy your growth regardless of your happiness or crime.

currently i have about 1400 happiness and 20 pollution. During this past update ive been setting up my Globosyn buildings, i currently have 2 towers, 1 world center and a synergy tower. upon setting them up before i could start to build things to lower my pollution, the slightest changes in pollution drastically effected growth rate. currently my pollution is at around 20 and my growth rate is about 110%.

my crime is at 15 or something, but crime shouldnt be an issue with anyone who has suburbs in their town.

we really need some Transutopia office buildings, and some residential buildings that dont cost coins. with Transutopias bonuses to happiness and lower pollution these 2 things can help everyone.

Message 12 of 40 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 17, 2012

This may or may not be a repeatable bug. but it's something I've noticed.

I rarely collect taxes on the small residential properties. Too little gain for the cost of a worker, so it will sometimes be weeks before I collect those taxes.

Whenever I let this happen, the residents in those properties move out as soon as they're taxed. Perhaps not collecting the taxes forces them to stay until they are collected, even if the city is changed.

Something that Hellfire might want to look into.

I've got some very odd stats right now. 100% employment, job openings at most of my buildings, and a shortage of people in the residential properties. Perhaps they've left because the tax man is coming around again.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 13 of 40 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Dec 17, 2012
;^) 100% employment and jobs everywhere? You should've run for President, HearItWow.

Good to see you back, by the way.
Message 14 of 40 (521 Views)
Sackboy
348 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Please fix the Growth rate problem!

Also without using coins the only option to increase happiness is to build lake parks (120 happniess)

My City is mainly on GloboSyn Towers for jobs (1500 per tower) and a mix of Condo Sky towers (2450 ppl) and the new Hometown towers which will replace the condos (6000 ppl) my growth rate -97%

Other improvements needed:

- Being able to view building stats for building where tax wasn't collected

- More stats such as overall number of jobs, building types, maybe zoning of crime/pollution

- guides/tips about to increse growth rate

I don't understand how the cities wih most number of people has no roads! no electricity or water and only a huge block of Luxury Life towers stacked up even work? PLEASE FIX ALL THESE EXPLOITS & BUGS

Cheers,

Nanshe

Message 15 of 40 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Nanshe wrote:

Please fix the Growth rate problem!

Also without using coins the only option to increase happiness is to build lake parks (120 happniess)

My City is mainly on GloboSyn Towers for jobs (1500 per tower) and a mix of Condo Sky towers (2450 ppl) and the new Hometown towers which will replace the condos (6000 ppl) my growth rate -97%

- More stats such as overall number of jobs, building types, maybe zoning of crime/pollution

- guides/tips about to increse growth rate

I don't understand how the cities wih most number of people has no roads! no electricity or water and only a huge block of Luxury Life towers stacked up even work? PLEASE FIX ALL THESE EXPLOITS & BUGS

Cheers,

Nanshe

Anything Globosyn adds a ton of polution, which is likely the issue.   After the last game update, polution is a much bigger factor now. I was in the same boat as you untill i got rid of most of my Globosyn buildings.  Getting my polution down below 200 is what got my city growing again.  Of course now employment rate sucks....   Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 40 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
348 posts

Dec 26, 2012

The GloboSyn towers addes 75 pollution vs. the 65 the Corporate Sky tower. +10 points is not much of an increase compared to the fact u gain 300 more jobs and Rev of 3.4k vs a 2.6k I don't think that's where the problem is.

These are the only 2 free options to address big cities employement rate. So unless I'm missing something I don't see how removing GloboSyn towers can help in any way...

+ to add to my previous post, how about the following ideas:

- Sell building and not just destroy them (give us something back)

- Show the name/pic of the building you're about to destroy/sell

- Add an option to allow us to earn gold coins. (One per day) it will still take months to get to a level which these can be used

Message 17 of 40 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

I've pretty much ignored the happiness, pollution and crime numbers.  I just kept adding more housing (Hometown towers, especially) and Globosyn Industrial parks for employment.  Pollution is through the roof but doesn't seem to affect the numbers at all.  The growth rate might stay in the -60-70% range but everything fills up eventually.  I don't think the growth rate ever changed from adding Industrial parks.  What's the rush anyway?  One of my cities reached the 150,000 goal a few days ago  and the other is closing in on 140,000.  Soon, I won't have anything to do but collect taxes and rearrange the cities for aesthetics.

The only factor I ever noticed that ground my growth to a halt was too many Globosyn Towers when my population numbers were too low.  I have 4 in one city, 6 in the other and they seem to be OK with growth now.

castle3
Message 18 of 40 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Nanshe wrote:

Yes....this

castle3
Message 19 of 40 (463 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Dec 26, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

I've pretty much ignored the happiness, pollution and crime numbers.  I just kept adding more housing (Hometown towers, especially) and Globosyn Industrial parks for employment.  Pollution is through the roof but doesn't seem to affect the numbers at all.  The growth rate might stay in the -60-70% range but everything fills up eventually.  I don't think the growth rate ever changed from adding Industrial parks.  What's the rush anyway?  One of my cities reached the 150,000 goal a few days ago  and the other is closing in on 140,000.  Soon, I won't have anything to do but collect taxes and rearrange the cities for aesthetics.

The only factor I ever noticed that ground my growth to a halt was too many Globosyn Towers when my population numbers were too low.  I have 4 in one city, 6 in the other and they seem to be OK with growth now.

youre going to be bummed out when the next inevitable update comes out and there will most likely be missions that require high happiness or low pollution. i suspect a Transutopia specific update will probably be next, considering the current one is GloboSyn.

Message 20 of 40 (450 Views)
0 Likes