Dec 14 2012
By: Crazy-88 Gaming Beast 1947 posts

Home Tycoon growth

39 replies 1063 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

Ok... first off, lemme say a free content update of missions is a good thing. Gives me hope that like Novus Prime, it'll update with improvements that really give it some freebie incentives as it lives.

Secondly... my Growth Rate is -86%... EL DEUCE?! The new content has several population/employment goals that are taking forever to fill, when near the beginning of my "Tycooning", buildings would max out in a few hours. What happened and is there a way to fix it/speed up my buildings?

*SPOILER*
I'm at the goal where I need a population of 100k, and I'm in the 60ks with more than enough living space to meet that goal. >.> I regret re-arranging my city, because all my buildings went to 0 when relocated, and have taken forever to fill back up, which none of them have still since Move was added. Just a warning to those wanting population goals, and to possibly 'tidy up' their city. Smiley Frustrated

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 1 of 40 (1,063 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Re: Home Tycoon growth

Dec 14, 2012
Hold L2 to check your city's stats. Make sure your pollution levels are low and your happiness levels are high -- otherwise your growth rate can drop and your citizens will begin to move out of your city. You may have a high numbers of buildings that may have been nerfed in the stat balance tweaks, which could cause your overall stats to drop without re-balancing.

But, if your stats look fine, let me know -- there may be something else going on in that case. Hope that helps!

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 2 of 40 (1,042 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Dec 14, 2012
^^^ I have happiness 2700, pollution 700, pop 41000, growth -100%, employment 100%. ive removed all globalsyn buildings too. my pop took a beating when I moved a bunch of residential buildings.

Message 3 of 40 (1,018 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Hi, Novus-Cooldown I've been having the same problem.  I don't know if this happen to everyone or not but after the update I loged-on to Home Tycoon to see my pollution level went down to 1 person.  Then it took over two days for it to go over one thousand with 99% to 100%.  Today it's over 23k but most of my homes are are not full for an example one of my "Hometown Towers" only has 1,221 people liven in it out of the 6k  that could be. 

My stats are:

Happiness:

Smiley Happy 415

pollution

Power

Water

Crime

Growth Rate: 99%

Income Rate 80%

Am I doing somthing wrong?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 4 of 40 (1,013 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:
Hold L2 to check your city's stats. Make sure your pollution levels are low and your happiness levels are high -- otherwise your growth rate can drop and your citizens will begin to move out of your city. You may have a high numbers of buildings that may have been nerfed in the stat balance tweaks, which could cause your overall stats to drop without re-balancing.

But, if your stats look fine, let me know -- there may be something else going on in that case. Hope that helps!

How exactly does one do that when the Globosyn content requires the construction of smog-hogs? >.> Kindof a self-contradicting update if you have to reach 100k population, AND build some of the dirtiest buildings.

I've already had to remove all my high-rise residential after the once-best towers were nerfed, and replaced them all with the 100k towers to renew the Happiness levels. And even with that, 9 blocks of the largest parks, and a swath of the Arbor Villas(Happiness raise/pollut lowering) homes, my happiness is still only 1,890 over a pollution of 2,762.

Frankly... I don't see how someone can have a customized city if only a handful of buildings(mostly token-bought) have enough of a positive ratio to fully employ and counteract the negatives of doing so. Smiley Frustrated

But YEESH, the main problem is how using the Move tool to rearrange things, blanks the building like it was just built. I overhauled my city once that came out, because as you do the learning missions, you place things in wild places... I've yet to get any towers back to 100% capacity since with this -86% growth all the 'nerfing' caused. :/

Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 5 of 40 (997 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

My pollution is close to 2000 and my happiness is a little over 1000 and people aren't leaving.

26 of those freaking Globosyn towers.

Message 6 of 40 (991 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Dec 15, 2012

i have 0 population now, it took me forever to get my city to look the way i want to and now its telling me to delete buildings?..i regret playing this new exspantion pack...

Message 7 of 40 (974 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

zombiedude245 wrote:

i have 0 population now, it took me forever to get my city to look the way i want to and now its telling me to delete buildings?..i regret playing this new exspantion pack...

Thats the same thing that happen to me.

My bet is your problem will fix it self with time just like mine did but its going to take a long time.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 8 of 40 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

Well after alot of renovating... I MEAN ALOT... I have 29 Globsyn, the global building(deleted the 30th tower to take it's place), and I'm still stuck in the 70k/100k needed for the population goal.

Happiness is 2,544, Pollution is 1,742, Growth is still in the negative at -73%.

I added about a dozen more Arbor Villas to promote a better Happiness/Pollution ratio, deleted all the new buildings this content made me build(factories and warehouses), and still have -73%.

My population was in the 30k range at the start of this content, but after updating all my towers to the $100k one, I've gotten plenty of room for 100k, and none of them are filling up without it taking days... compared to soon after completion back when I didn't need Globosyn. >.> For all that's good and holy please tell me there's a TransUtopia content coming soon, because the drastic effect Pollution has on population/employment growth is staggering. Smiley Frustrated

My city (28322) looks like a madhouse of black towers, then itty bitty villas, with some buildings on the topside. Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 40 (949 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Dec 16, 2012
still seems to be a problem with my city. population dropped 3000 in a day down to 38000. happiness is 2700+, pollution 700, growth -100%. employment 100%, crime -100, power 600, water 700. i have lots of housing and work available.

Message 10 of 40 (909 Views)
0 Likes