Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 3, 2012

5 hours to refill your 30 workers? Whew kind of long lol  also when you buy gold coins from the main train station they don't show up in your city. So I just bought a 5.99 pack for nothing lol YaY

NO HOME EVENT IS A BAD ONE! (03/23/09)
Message 31 of 704 (1,348 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Kinda bummed that everything you hit in a car is like hitting a wall... Would've been kool if there was damage like GTA, breaking benches, fences & street polls... The animation is very 16bit... No skidding with brakes... Where's the planes? Is there day and night? I don't plan on any purchases until the prices drop...

Good idea, bad execution... Kinda reminds me of Blueprint... Guess next few revs of the game may show more promise...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 32 of 704 (1,333 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

ComancheNative wrote:

5 hours to refill your 30 workers? Whew kind of long lol  also when you buy gold coins from the main train station they don't show up in your city. So I just bought a 5.99 pack for nothing lol YaY

You can replensish your workers in < 20 minutes by getting one of the cases to respawn continuously.

But I'm done with the game after building several GloboSyn Towers and high rise condos. The money & people come rolling in, but there's no point to it.

There's nothing to do without buying expansions. Speaking of which, the on join & in game ads for premium content are really tacky.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 33 of 704 (1,325 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I really dig the concept of Home Tycoon and I can see it becoming really popular among Home users. However, there are a few things that stand out as being a minor annoyance.

1.) The Cars - Other than the fact whoever is driving those cars can't drive for the virtual life of them, it's a little annoying running into a bench that will stop you dead in your tracks and then having to go in reverse and continue onward. Maybe for the smaller items such as tree's and benches, we can actually "break" them and In time they will respawn back. Hopefully this could be implemented in a future update.

2.) Getting kicked out - I mainly mean that I have noticed on several occasions that you wont be able to go back to the mayors desk. You have to relocate back to the Home Tycoon Train Station and then head back to Home Tycoon.

Other than that, Im highly enjoying Home Tycoon and I cannot wait for future updates Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 704 (1,298 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

I can't even begin to point out all the flaws in this game, witht the purchased items, and with the rewards. Let me preface  by saying money is no object to me in Home. However, quality of what I spend my money on is of the utmost concern to me. That is  why I buy most Granzella products without looking at or even caring about the price. 

However, with most NA and EU developers, I scrutinize, because I do not wish to support lazy devs making inferior products such as No Man's Land, Cutthroats, Yeti vs Hunters, Mercia (though I did buy 2 outfits because I liked the look) and well, pretty much all NA or EU developed Home games (especially anything by Ndreams, who rippped me off 3 times since last year, NEVER  AGAIN) 

Also one other disclaimer: I know there are things worthy of evenn harsher criticism (especially the collect-o-rama) but the reason I'm writing such a long dissertation on this is because with all the technical advances we have seen in Home within the past few months, there is no excuse for lousy items and rewards and continuing with the archaic ways of programming items.

Anyways, back to Home Tycoon. First, the biggest glaring flaw is the inabilty to earn coins. Consumables are a terribly annoying practice I refuse to support. But what is even more absurd and despicable is having to use coins for near everything. Using coins to change from day to night, pause and ect? REALLY? And also to buy more workers! Yes, there is a gold briefcase for this, but for 6.99 I better be getting those workers back instantly, not just a 25% increase. 75% at the very least.

Second, the VIP package is the biggest heap of garbage I have ever seen in my life, besides  Cutthroats, which obviously no one bought.. Unless you are a huge fan of these type of city sim games, and plan to invest time and effort in the game itself (which has plenty of flaws in itself) it's not even worth $20, especially for the "bonuses" you get. You recieve a gold car..who cares!  should have made it a car you could change to any color on the fly, with gold as an option.

You also receive a tiny tiny tiny gold car pet. For 50 dollars, I expect a full size car pet following me around home, or a locomotion-style emote that lets me drive the car. Out of all the 49.99 bundles in home, this is second only to Cutthroats in sheer rip off value. Also the driving bear companion that comes with the animal expansion is just as itsy bitsy teeny weeny as the gold one.

Let's also take a look at the other purchased items. In game bonuses are nice, but the items certainly aren't! The hand items and most of the clothes/furn were acceptable. But when will developers START MAKING HATS IN THE HEADPHONE SLOT! No one, especially not most women, want to have that insidious short default hair. Many Midway items were ruined by this, but those were more acceptable by comparison because they were free. These are not!

And yes, it's possible to make hats and even hair in the headphone slot, as they exist in Japan. Granzella has been doing it alot recently, but none have been released here yet besides the visors. Other devs have been copying some of Granzella's firsts, so why not copy this? I seriously wonder if this is the reason why we didn't get the Granzella police hats. Don't let the general populous know that hats can be put in the headphone slot and let devs continue to be lazy!

So with all that aside let's look at the reason to play this game: the rewards! Rewards can make a break a home game for me, and they are the one and only deciding factor. Now to be fair, I haven't seen the rewards for the expansion packs. But judging from the rewards from completing all the free missions, the rewards are just more storage fodder that is only a few steps above Midway's garbage. T shirts, short hair hats, and lousy hand items make up the bulk. The only semi good reward was the doctor's head mirror. 

Unless I see some huge pets, non-head slot headwear, and nice looking clothes as rewards, I wont be spending a dime on this game. It has great potential, but it needs more reward  and perk items innovation. Start with the hats! I also really, really really hate seeing the continued trend of small ties for women. WE DON'T WEAR SMALL TIES. GET WITH THE TIMES. Otherwise I would have bought the Globosyn enforcer outfit. You could give us the option for pants instead of just a skirt too (this is another problem with alot of devs, including Granzella) 

I can't  really get into the gameplay aspect much cause there isn't much, but driving a vehicle is very annoying and clumsy, having to use workers to collect money is unbelievably stupid, and as I said before, you should be able to earn coins, and small things like changing time should be free (both of coins and in game money). 

Finally, and this would have been a dealbreaker for me, we should be able to enter the houses and buildings. I would have dropped 50 instantly if that was the case. Have seats to sit in, beds to lie in, and it all becomes worth the over the top pricing just for that alone. 

The concept of Home Tycoon is good and has potential (unlike the trainwrecks that are No Man's Land, Yeti vs  Hunters, Cutthroats, Collect-O-Rama, Trap-O-Matic, and Sky Fishing) which is the only reason why I spent time on it.

This will probably be the last time I write such a huge dissertation on a new game or product, though I was tempted to with Blueprint. FUBAR (gang warfare? Give me a break!) and Uproar (more gang warfare, but with preset characters! Even worse!) are not even worth my time as I have no interest in such things.

Home Tycoon however, I theoretically expected more of. I did have low hopes from the beginning though, and the final product just solidified that.

Message 35 of 704 (1,282 Views)
Fender Bender
3272 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I just had a quick look on the tutorial at lunch and now I'm logging on, back from work.

From what I understand it's same old same old... Expect many problems on day 1 and wait a few days before buying anything...

The last day marketing line from Hellfire was "race for the board". From the total cost of power up and add-on. We're looking at $100+ for a top spot on the board before long...   Ehhh. I'll just play for fun I think.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 36 of 704 (1,269 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I played this Tycoon thing a little bit. But it seems to me like everything you get in the free game is very basic. I mean bare bones. Do you have to buy coins to really get this game going? Or can you manage it without purchasing anything? But I knew something this big wouldn't be totally for free. I knew there'd be a price somewhere. And is there anyway I can get or unlock a car with the basic game or do I need to buy coins for that? 

bobs fed signature
Message 37 of 704 (1,260 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

HOLY COW TARAZUMA !!!

I'll come back and read your review later, It's just a lil much to take in all at once.....  Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 704 (1,238 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I like Home Tycoon as it is a nice idea for Home. The story is nice too.

Only I do think that it should be made so that the moment you start playing, the workers keep coming weather you're online, or offline.

It is detrimental to leave the PlayStation on for 5 hours just because you want to play on as it consumes 230 watts.

It would be nice too if you could buy at least one extension with the smallest Gold pack. $49.99 is too much for any game on Home. Only disk games should be that much.

Instead of $49.99, it should be $14.99. That would be much better.  

Message 39 of 704 (1,238 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Regine__ wrote:

I like Home Tycoon as it is a nice idea for Home. The story is nice too.

Only I do think that it should be made so that the moment you start playing, the workers keep coming weather you're online, or offline.

It is detrimental to leave the PlayStation on for 5 hours just because you want to play on as it consumes 230 watts.

It would be nice too if you could buy at least one extension with the smallest Gold pack. $49.99 is too much for any game on Home. Only disk games should be that much.

Instead of $49.99, it should be $14.99. That would be much better.  

Wow that is sad indeed....... Guess my long wait for this game is out the window now...... Kinda reminds me of another failed game on Home with steep prices to play and that I never got suckered into........ Hmmm, haaa I even forgot the name of it..... Great hit, home ruin greed mongers.........  Smiley Mad

Message 40 of 704 (1,221 Views)