I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 5, 2012

I know right now everyone is on their "I'm going to post my support thread posts in the general feedback and discussion thread" trip, but I have a general question(s).

Where is the tutorial. No, I'm not talking about the short story played out in the missions, I mean where is the actual tutorial that explains key components of this game. I'm sure you learn quite a bit bumbling thorugh the game, learning hard lessons like worker usage, and building stats, but where is the actual tutorial. I've been trying to figure out what the blue symbol with the percentage next to it is about, for hours. Likewise, what is the objective to home tycoon? Do the growth percentages continue to climb or do they fall over time. What are the consequences of destroying items? Does it cost? What's the purpose of the newspaper? Does it change daily? Are there daily perks?

I have no reason to play if I don't understand it's objective, or understand the features within it. Don't get me wrong, I do want to play it, but until I know what for, it's pointless.

Perish_Song
Message 201 of 704 (815 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

As far as I know, there is no tutorial that just immediately explains all of the icons and lists the best helpful tips, but Hellfire should definitely consider making one, especially if the game is expanded. I think the icon you're referring to shows the percentage of your citizens who are employed. The objective of Home Tycoon is to build the most complete, well thought out, possibly creative, and successful cities in terms of the statistics levels, and also just to have fun playing. The growth percentages will change over time, and you'll have more people moving in as you build places for them to stay, keep them happy, give them work. etc. Destroying structures doesn't have any hidden consequences, but you'll have to pay to rebuild them. Deconstruction is free. The newspaper is mainly for the developers of the game, Hellfire, to communicate with the community about recent news, and it will change whenever they update it.

Lion Signature
Message 202 of 704 (808 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Oct 5, 2012

OK, because I have over 300% population growth, but I have somewhere in the low double digits in that icon. Everything else is high. Upwards a thousand happiness, -5 pollution, -5 crime, and in the 800's for electricity and water. I didn't see any reason to continue playing. At least in sim city, I'd have received a news paper blasting me for having a lack of employment in my city, or some kind of new objective to churn the game along. At the risk of sounding like a parrot repeating myself, with no tutorial, and no incentive to keep playing this game falls apart.

Perish_Song
Message 203 of 704 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Oct 5, 2012

If I were them, I wouldn't think it'd be a good idea to release a game in such a state, so it's undetermined as of yet how they plan to update it.

Lion Signature
Message 204 of 704 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Oct 5, 2012
ok now im stuck with no worker to build the building. Without making any purchase is the a possibility to get worker?
Message 205 of 704 (786 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 5, 2012

COMPLANT: I bought the life in the fast lane extention pack and got everything but the starting line and finish line road pieces!? I got all the stunt road pieces from that pack no problem. The police, zoo, and gold packs with no problem. It was the first pack i bought. I played all the missions to it; i guess? Anyboby got any suggestions? I gave clearing my cache a try! Is there something i must accomplish first in the game? The missions i played for that pack didn't ask me to build them so i didn't notice right away.

Message 206 of 704 (764 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Sorry I'm German and my Engl is very bad :-(( If got a Problem with Home Tycoon and I want it write in German please.....i hope you can understand that .....................Its a message  to  Novus-Cooldown.. please help me..............ich habe ein grosses Problem mit der Tycoon-Stadt. Mittwoch nachmittag bin ich rein habe gebaut und habe auch, weil es mir nicht gefiel einige Häuschen wieder gelöscht. Von Freunden hörte ich es gibt dann Geld zurück,doch ich hab keinen Cent zurück bekommen, DANN GINGS LOS !!!!!. Meine Anzeige für das Büro verschwand ab und zu , Meine Arbeiter waren weg und zu guter letzt konnte ich nichts mehr machen . Der grösste Hammer war, dass ich der Landeplatz für ACC'S aller Herrenländer wurde. Ich hatte in meiner Stadt nur das Rathhaus und ein paar Häuser noch stehen, aber alle die kamen und das im Sekundentakt, sahen eine riesig grosse Stadt. Ich dachte ich träume. Nach kurzem Moment des Erstaunens fragte ich einen Ankömmling woher er denn komme, er sagt vom US Server. und er hätte meine grosse Stadt in der Liste gesehn ,nu sei er hier.......hmm...mal eine ganz doofe Frage.....wie kann ich als deutscher ACC auf einem deutschen Server im US gesehen werden ????? und sogar die Japaner schlugen bei mir auf.... Hallo......da ist wohl gründlich was in die Hose gegangen oder ???????? Bitte hiermit um Hilfeeeee... Ich möchte meine Stadt zurück und vor allem möchte ich nicht mehr die Landebahn von EU sein ... ich kann nichts , rein gar nichts mehr machen in meiner Stadt, nur zusehen wie sie dort ein und ausreisen . Wenn ich hier falsch bin, bitte ich um Weiterleitung an die richtige Stelle, die mir vielleicht helfen kann.....Vielen Dank .... ich möchte gerne weiterbauen .......in Ruhe ..... Eure Schokotoffeefee.

Message 207 of 704 (750 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Oct 5, 2012

the things that they should fix in home tycoon...

1) shorten the worker (idealically  dwn to less than 3 min ) time regenerate with 30 workers it takes 5 hrs to regenerate & u have to be in ur city for it to regenerate  (but the $$ regenerate is contious no matter if ur in there or not...)  & have it so u dnt have to be in the city constantly for ur wrkers to regenerate -- i like some ppl dnt want to let there ps3 running forever & with some ppl they wanna do other things on there ps 3 other than have it sit idol in a game for hrs on end

2) have 1 worker for $$ collection for all ur buildings when ur getting a bunch of buget buildings refilling every 10 minutes & u have over 20 buildings to collect from. or have a $$ per hr for each type of building (ie $1 per min for the houses & $3 per second with the big black comercial towers)

3) gold coin generaters like when u go to another persons space or collect from the tourists each day 1-5 each day that would be randomised or from visiting other cities

4) have gold u aquire to add  worker amounts to like 5GC = +1 to max workers

2000 trophies lvl 15

HOMELING -- MS-3
Message 208 of 704 (716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 5, 2012

After hearing so many complaints over bugs, spending money, etc. I decided to conduct an experiment.

This is my experiment to see just how far you can get in Home Tycoon without spending money. It will continuously be updated, but I have gotten pretty far already. Includes Rewards.

http://pshomegazette.com/2012/10/05/the-home-tycoon-experiment/

Hope this helps any of you that are trying not to spend money. 

Message 209 of 704 (706 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Oct 5, 2012

whusler wrote:
ok now im stuck with no worker to build the building. Without making any purchase is the a possibility to get worker?

You get a "free" worker every ten minutes you are in your space (as it stands now). That's 6 workers an hour. There's a countdown clock at the bottom of the screen to tell you how long you have to wait for another.  Smiley Wink

After work last night while watching TV I reached the arson mission and wanted to see if I could collect all the suitcases/taxes (In my "loaner" policecar, there's no timer in this mission) before they respawned. I could not. I raced around and over them as fast as I could but they respawned to quickly. I collected a fair amount of money and a few workers from the suitcases plus all the workers I got for the time I was in my space. I finally decided to finish the mission and they took away my policecar.    Smiley Sad   I knew they would.   Smiley Tongue

Message 210 of 704 (702 Views)