Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 4, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/List-what-is-NEEDS-to-Improve-in-Home-Tycoon...

someone got a suggestion here: (NUMBER ONE IS THE BEST SO FAR)

FishiesU wrote:

1) workers time, please lower the time it takes forever to reload

2) add some fake people walking or something

3) lower the real price please, its kinda expansive

4) a free way to get gold coins please

so far that's it for now..

PS. go visits my town under FishiesU thxSmiley Wink

Message 161 of 704 (526 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Message 162 of 704 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Contest idea:

Golden Key to the city. Reward personally handed to the winner by Magnus the Govenor.Video shown of it in theater.

You could do this once a month.

Man Happy

Message 163 of 704 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Oct 4, 2012

On a humorous note, I was actually pleased with the merged cities glitch from high server stress, because it ended up benefitting me, and for the large part none of my important buildings were ever destroyed. Someone else had constructed the GloboSyn Extraction Facility for me before I did that mission in the beginning of the game, which means I got to keep the 30 coins, or essentially get 30 free coins.

Last night I decided to splurge and purchased the $50 coin pack, which enabled me to unlock all of the expansion packs, and have plenty of coins left over to start building a new city. I am happy to say that everything I purchased worked properly the first time I tried it. I was having a blast driving around cities in my gold GS 828, stalking random pedestrians in public spaces, honking at everyone, and turbo boosting into other cars. One of the best features of this game is the "bumper cars" simulation when playing with other people. I will have to say that I am disappointed with the lacking sound effects, though, including the extremely quiet horns, vehicle sirens, and nuclear power plant warning sirens. I'd like to be able to actually annoy people by honking at them nonstop, so upgrade your sound effects Hellfire!

Some more observations I've made about Home Tycoon:

- The phone icon in the upper left and the "happiness" and "income rate" text in the city info section are awfully close to the edges of the screen/box. Remember, content needs room to breathe.

- Citizens can appear floating in the middle of the air around where you place jumps. Do they have jet packs?

- You can easily travel out of bounds by boosting your vehicle into or driving over the collisions of certain areas. I first noticed this when I boosted into the collision for the water of the lake park and then exited my car and walked through the water.

- The artificial intelligence for the computer drivers who try to avoid or race you is extremely stupid. Drivers get stuck in corners all the time, and they are also very slow.

- The missions for the expansion packs get pretty repetitive in the actions they have you complete. They don't really feel like they award you with unique or engaging experiences.

- There's a typographical error in one of the expansion packs where Angus McAxle says "buyingr" instead of "buying".

- There are more script errors in the expansion packs, including: you only have to catch the giraffe after you are told that the rest of the animals have escaped from the zoo, and although you are told the nuclear power plant will have a meltdown in a very small amount of time, you are not given a time limit to warn your citizens.

- I'd like to be able to tap and drag selections when building, especially so that I don't have to place each block of road individually.

- It would be nice if you added some unique structures, such as landmarks, for the future.

- The vehicles could have a bit more detail on their underside, considering you are able to completely flip them over.

Lion Signature
Message 164 of 704 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Just started reading the 17 pages shown here. Tho I've only just started playing this game today I feel I better note something in case it hasn't been noted yet.

I was at 0/30 workers and decided to buy a bunch, went with the best/most costly package and spent 55 gold coins to get 135 workers. Used some of them then logged off. When I came back on and went to this Hellfire Tycoon space not only were the majority of my 135 workers I paid for missing but I now had only 20/30 workers! Huh?

55 gold coins is roughly 2 dollars, seemingly wasted.

What a sour taste now. Not happy. Woman Sad

Message 165 of 704 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I got some question: I hear they was a Novus Prime building for used in Home Tycoon. How to get that?

Message 166 of 704 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Oct 5, 2012

al2009man wrote:

I got some question: I hear they was a Novus Prime building for used in Home Tycoon. How to get that?

I got it through a quest.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 167 of 704 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Oct 5, 2012

al2009man wrote:

There is and I believe you can get it through playing through the story based missions. If I recall right, you should get one after the mission where a group of aliens are spotted in your town causing a mess...... I wont comment further and spoil the end result of the mission.

Message 168 of 704 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Oct 5, 2012

ogeese wrote:
So i sent in an email and seemed you fixed and reset the life in the fast lane expansion pack. So i played it again and finish it but it still hasn't givin me my start and finish lines

Dang. Still looking into it for you...

v_Trillian_v wrote:

I was at 0/30 workers and decided to buy a bunch, went with the best/most costly package and spent 55 gold coins to get 135 workers. Used some of them then logged off. When I came back on and went to this Hellfire Tycoon space not only were the majority of my 135 workers I paid for missing but I now had only 20/30 workers! Huh?

Hmm, this is a first. We're on the case though!

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 169 of 704 (386 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Oct 5, 2012

mybro92 wrote:

al2009man wrote:

There is and I believe you can get it through playing through the story based missions. If I recall right, you should get one after the mission where a group of aliens are spotted in your town causing a mess...... I wont comment further and spoil the end result of the mission.

does that need a expansion pack or something? 

aka a a joke mission? Smiley Tongue

Message 170 of 704 (367 Views)
0 Likes