I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 23, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

halo_nothing wrote:

So any thoughts on what I can do about not being able to test drive even though I own the Crime and Punishment pack?

Sounds like you may have been disconnected from Home while the server was in the procress of unlocking your Police Car. E-mail us at info@hellfiregames.com with your PSN ID and region (US or EU) and we'll investigate.

I e-mailed with my issue a few days ago but still no response..

Message 561 of 704 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Sorry I guess I just don't get it??  What is the age group for this game.... 6 to 12 yrs? What a bunch of mindless dribble meant to waste your time and your money, but that's' probably because the game doen't interest me. each to his/her own.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 562 of 704 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

tulula4 wrote:

hmmm also notice the nuclear waste barrel for you personal space is also missing from its pack so the stunt pack and life in the fast lane, now nuclear pack...... guess i need to check my crime and punishment, and zoo packs also

The Barrel of Nuclear Waste is a virtual item in the Train Station store that reduces your Nuclear Power Plant's pollution levels by 25%. Everything should unlock properly in the Crime & Punishment and Animals Gone Wild packs as well.

Vaiolette wrote:

Also, I didn't get a safari hat.......
*snip*
you spend 90% of the time waiting in Home Tycoon right now.

Did you complete every mission in Animals Gone Wild? The Safari Hat should be in your inventory if so.

With the worker regen bug fix coming (hopefully tomorrow), you won't have to wait around in-game for workers to regenerate anymore. You'll have 30 workers waiting for you every day and they'll come back every 5 minutes even if you're offline.

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 563 of 704 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11067 posts

Oct 23, 2012

LMAO....This game sucks. This should have never been released in it's current state.

Here are some issues the game has/had. This stuff never should have happened.

1. Broken Train Station.

2. Workers don't regenerate the way they are supposed to.

3. Missing paid for / reward items (I still don't have the helmet or racing gloves).

4. No option to replay paid for missions (this one really sucks).

5. No detailed instructions:

A. The ability to buy more workers tends to make one think that they can increase they're overall worker count above 30.

B. No refund for deleting a building to change you layout .

C. You should've been told about discount briefcases from the start. They do no good after you already bought it.

6. Overpriced regular store items.

7. Over 50 rewards? This is totally misleading / false. Even if you count M / F as being two items, there still isn't 50.

8. Vehicle sounds are crap and not audible.

Should I go on? What could have been a somewhat fun game, got marred by poor QA, overpriced items and no replay value.

I'm all for a Dev introducing something new to Home, however this game wasn't it. Even it  worked 100%, the insane price tags

for virtual goods would've made this game a fail anyway.

Message 564 of 704 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 23, 2012

The worker regenerate time needs to be reduced AGAIN permanent to 3 minutes instead of 5. That was people will buy the 7 dollar brief case I bought already so that workers will then regenerate every 13 seconds instead of every 2 minutes and 13 seconds as it currently is with yhe 5 minute regenerate. At 3 minutes it would really give us ALL the incentive to BUY that 7 dollar briefcase cause to be honest, paying 7 dollars real life money to have to still sit around and wait 2 minutes and 13 seconds for a worker to regenerate isnt worth the 7 bucks when the patch that allows workers to regenerate while offline comes out. Please reduce the permanent worker regenerate time to 3 minutes instead of 5. 3 minutes would benefit those of us that bought the 7 dollar briefcase while actually PLAYING THE GAME instead of having to sit there for 1 hour 4 minutes to regenerate 30 workers. With the briefcase at 3 minutes it would then be 13 seconds every worker regenerating taking just shy of 4 minutes to regenerate 30 workers and at 3 minutes permanent without the briefcase it would reduce that wait to 1 hour and 30 minutes instead of OVER 2 hours at 5 minutes. PLEASE reduce to 3 minutes.

Message 565 of 704 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Oct 23, 2012

is there a way to turn off computer  traffic ? My city is always flooded with computer traffic ,and i notice when i visit other cities some have traffic and others do not is it a bug or can i turn off my citys traffic ?

Message 566 of 704 (256 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

THA

Oct 23, 2012

AMEN TO THAT. I've also mentioned to the ability to let us TURN OFF THE CAR TRAFFIC. They talk about building race tracks and let our imaginations fly but how can we ENJOY races when stupid computer cars are ALWAYS in the way. It takes our ideas and ruins them. Also fix the issue were if we are full speed and hit the money briefcases when you bild roads beside each other to do away with annoying curbs its acts like a brick wall and sometimes knocks our cars in the air or acts like a pothole in the road and slows us down. Wd should be able to fly through the money gold briefcases with ease when collecting them. I swear if I was on your development team I'd have tycoon fixed so much everyone would want to play and spend money on it.

Message 567 of 704 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Oct 23, 2012

tulula4 wrote:

is there a way to turn off computer  traffic ? My city is always flooded with computer traffic ,and i notice when i visit other cities some have traffic and others do not is it a bug or can i turn off my citys traffic ?

This is on the list for a future update, yep. I believe SLICK_T was the first to suggest it! Would be especially useful for racing and machinima.

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 568 of 704 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2692 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I certainly hope one of the upcoming fixes will make it so that I can progress past the 2nd mission. I can't buy that 3rd house, and I have no way of getting any money for it, either.

Its saddening, because I REALLY wanted to like Home Tycoon, but getting stuck on the 2nd mission? Not fun, you know.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 569 of 704 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Should I go on? What could have been a somewhat fun game, got marred by poor QA, overpriced items and no replay value.

I'm all for a Dev introducing something new to Home, however this game wasn't it. Even it  worked 100%, the insane price tags

for virtual goods would've made this game a fail anyway.

Regrettably, I agree with you.

I used to be a fan of Hellfire Games and would persuade people to buy items for Novus Prime.

But Home Tycoon is a shameful, broken money grab. How can they get away with charging so much for this buggy game when they are leasing server space from Amazon? Charging people to collect revenue, pause the city, and change the time of day? Really???

Even nDreams and Granzella aren't this greedy.

I've been hanging out at the Train Station and telling people to save their money for something that's fun and actually works, like the reboot of SimCity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YceL2C4TW4Q

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 570 of 704 (175 Views)
0 Likes