Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 11, 2012

Good news, everyone! We've fixed the issue where two users were able to share the same city. If you're currently in your city, exit and re-enter it and you should be good to go. This was a server-side fix that didn't require submitting a game update, so we were able to do it instantly from our end once we determined the problem.

We have an update in the pipeline that should fix the worker regeneration bug so that you'll get a worker every 5 minutes even if you're out of the game, along with some other issues that some players have encountered (missing Start/Finish Line tiles in Life in the Fast Lane, missing Racing Helmet & Gloves in the Stunt Pack, missing 30 worker bonus mission from the E3 hard hat, etc.). Weird things always happen when a game this big goes live to the public, and we're working hard to get them all sorted out!

Apologies for being quieter than usual on the forums lately -- we've been responding to players via e-mail and social media as well, and we're a very small team so these things take time. Bear with us!

bear.jpg

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 411 of 704 (431 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I'd like to make a request.  After visiting the Hellfire cities I noticed there was no traffic in them.  Can we have an on/off feature for the traffic please?  Being able to turn off the erratic driving npcs and keep them from blocking ramps and loops would sure making racing and stunt jumping a lot smoother, it will also free up the random car pile up that happens in the corner at some spaces.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 412 of 704 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Thank you guys for helping me fix my issues today and I played for over 4 straight hours adding 45,000 dollar towers to generate fast cash of $3,400 each tower. I should be rolling in the money now with 4 of them built so far as well as TONS of others. Thanks for yhe halloween ones those are a cool add on. I built them and my kids stood near me by the big screen listening at all the horror sounds lol, they love tycoon city as well. I have two cities, 1 is my main money making one and the other is my race track only city. Huge Oval, Short track Indoor dome like Bristal track and drag strips all in the same city with cool ramps, loops and things I created to be fun. Thanks for also fixing my start and finish line tiles. They came to great use on my race track space. My daughters and I we talking turns timing each other from start to finish line on my race tracks lol. Thats a idea my daughter brought up was make a add on and update to were we can select the full race track layout for citizen cars to STAY OFF THE TRACK or make it were we can manually turn off city traffic in our city. Those cars get in the way on race tracks. Also make us a TIMER for race tracks that times us from start line to finish like and create a leaderboard in our city that all in the city can view and try to beat while displaying the top 10 times and the person that owns the city can wipe it clean when they want or when tge track timing lines to that track is destroyed. That would be cool having timers. Instead we are holding my watch and using the stop watch to start and finish line and its a pain but works lol, But if you could fix the city traffic so we could turn the CARS RIDING AROUND THE CITY OFF it would be great. I'm loving the game more now since you helped my issue today so my apologies for getting angry earlier in this forum. I was having a ruff week and the glitching on tycoon set me off and I vented in this forum. Sorry and keep up the great work. The possibilities for tycoon in the near future is endless. Its a lot of FUN thanks for making it.

Message 413 of 704 (401 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks alot hellfire for helping me with some stuff. I can vouche because they have been helping me via email. Thanks guys, much props, Smiley Happy
Message 414 of 704 (384 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

Good news, everyone! We've fixed the issue where two users were able to share the same city. If you're currently in your city, exit and re-enter it and you should be good to go. This was a server-side fix that didn't require submitting a game update, so we were able to do it instantly from our end once we determined the problem.

We have an update in the pipeline that should fix the worker regeneration bug so that you'll get a worker every 5 minutes even if you're out of the game, along with some other issues that some players have encountered (missing Start/Finish Line tiles in Life in the Fast Lane, missing Racing Helmet & Gloves in the Stunt Pack, missing 30 worker bonus mission from the E3 hard hat, etc.). Weird things always happen when a game this big goes live to the public, and we're working hard to get them all sorted out!

Apologies for being quieter than usual on the forums lately -- we've been responding to players via e-mail and social media as well, and we're a very small team so these things take time. Bear with us!

bear.jpg

I'm still having the same Postcard issue sine last login. it still doesn't updates

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 415 of 704 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

im having issues with my postcard not updating as well o..0

also, there are 4 buildings in the hellfire's towns that i cant find anywhere.  globosyn offices, synergy tower, globosyn plaza and holistic campus.  where do we get these?  i really want them, especially the holistic campus

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 416 of 704 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Oct 12, 2012

k . . . The Crime and Punishment, Life in the Fast Lane, and Animals Gone Wild Expansion Pack Missions lasted about 3 to 5 minutes each. Kind of like the Missions associated with the Free Play in Tycoon. No Mission took me longer than 4 minutes to finish. They took that long, only cause I went to warm up my coffee

Most of the Packs offer " New Missions and Activities " ?. C'mon, really, nothing but hyperbole at its worst. The Zoo has two Giraffes, a Bear, and a brown lump that may be a Leopard. They don't move. I think they are dead. I hear an Elephant, but can't see it. The only Monkeys to be found, are people like me who bought Coins. The Zoo takes up 6 squares, so you lose a lot of potential population growth.

Save your Cash. Play the Free Game and enjoy, as long as you Are Not in a hurry Smiley Happy

The Expansion Packs mentioned above are finished super quick, and there is no replay value to them.

If you would like to build your City in less than a couple of weeks, you are going to have to Farm the Briefcases. Use your Firetruck. Or use the Basic Car or Police Car, if you bought the " Crime and Punishment " Pack. (they all will fit under the Canopy of the Condo Sky Tower when farming briefcases). Be prepared to spend many, many hours Farming, if you do not want to spend real money (or more money), or wait for weeks / months to finish your town.

I currently have 105 Buildings that I can collect Rent from,. At 30 Workers generating every 2 1/2 hours, that means I would have to be in the City for 8 Hours and 45 minutes to hit them all, if I did not farm briefcases !

Fun game for short periods of time. After an hour of farming for workers and small amounts of cash, it akes about 3 minutes to collect rent, and use up my cash and/or workers building stuff. Whoopee !

I do enjoy the planning I have to do. I like the parks and flowers. I think the game has a lot of unrealized potential, that can be ruined by buying any of the overpriced Coin Packages ( priced At Least 40% too high)

. The " Golden " Buildings pack was my second BIG mistake (the $24.99 coin package was numero uno). Four ugly gold monstrosities, that after having built two of, I destroyed them, and will never use them again. Ugh. Gross. Low Class. 

What's with the person at the top of the CashBoard Leaderboard? Nice offensive user ID.

Whose City has 2,789,335 population ?? Let's see. a 16 x 16 square grid = 256 squares x the 7100 population Luxury Life Tower = 1,817,600 max people. With no Roads, Water, Electricity, Parks, etc., the max is 1.8 Mil. You can't collect rent. Stacking Buildings on top of each other ? Hacking or Glitching? Who cares. I went to a City with 1.8 Mil population. An ugly, stupid, cash cow kind of place.

Whatever you do, I recommend patience. Take your time to enjoy the game. I wanted to make a City that was pretty, and fun. That had all the Utilities, Services and Flowers, Trees, and Grass I wanted and needed. I think I succeeded, and my population is 254,200. I'll prob get in to the 260,'s without ruining the way it looks, and without using any cheater 45 coin 7100 peeps buildings. I'd rather have a nice City, tham a high spot on the LeaderBoard.

I'll keep the Zoo, instead of adding another six Sky Towers and 14,700 Population. "Sides, if I ever get hungry, I hear that Giraffe is real tasty bar-b-qued.

One last thing (thank god). These Cities simply do not need so many Police Stations to keep the Crime Rate low !

I, as Mayor of Lil City, bought the Chief of Police an M1A1 Abrams Tank .. There are No Criminals in my town, thank you.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 417 of 704 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Ok I can confirm that adding housing causes your growth to go + rather -, and of course business buildings give you money, so i am slowing learning more and more as i play.
Message 418 of 704 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

k . . . The Crime and Punishment, Life in the Fast Lane, and Animals Gone Wild Expansion Pack Missions lasted about 3 to 5 minutes each. Kind of like the Missions associated with the Free Play in Tycoon. No Mission took me longer than 4 minutes to finish. They took that long, only cause I went to warm up my coffee

Most of the Packs offer " New Missions and Activities " ?. C'mon, really, nothing but hyperbole at its worst. The Zoo has two Giraffes, a Bear, and a brown lump that may be a Leopard. They don't move. I think they are dead. I hear an Elephant, but can't see it. The only Monkeys to be found, are people like me who bought Coins. The Zoo takes up 6 squares, so you lose a lot of potential population growth.

Save your Cash. Play the Free Game and enjoy, as long as you Are Not in a hurry Smiley Happy

The Expansion Packs mentioned above are finished super quick, and there is no replay value to them.

If you would like to build your City in less than a couple of weeks, you are going to have to Farm the Briefcases. Use your Firetruck. Or use the Basic Car or Police Car, if you bought the " Crime and Punishment " Pack. (they all will fit under the Canopy of the Condo Sky Tower when farming briefcases). Be prepared to spend many, many hours Farming, if you do not want to spend real money (or more money), or wait for weeks / months to finish your town.

I currently have 105 Buildings that I can collect Rent from,. At 30 Workers generating every 2 1/2 hours, that means I would have to be in the City for 8 Hours and 45 minutes to hit them all, if I did not farm briefcases !

Fun game for short periods of time. After an hour of farming for workers and small amounts of cash, it akes about 3 minutes to collect rent, and use up my cash and/or workers building stuff. Whoopee !

I do enjoy the planning I have to do. I like the parks and flowers. I think the game has a lot of unrealized potential, that can be ruined by buying any of the overpriced Coin Packages ( priced At Least 40% too high)

. The " Golden " Buildings pack was my second BIG mistake (the $24.99 coin package was numero uno). Four ugly gold monstrosities, that after having built two of, I destroyed them, and will never use them again. Ugh. Gross. Low Class. 

What's with the person at the top of the CashBoard Leaderboard? Nice offensive user ID.

Whose City has 2,789,335 population ?? Let's see. a 16 x 16 square grid = 256 squares x the 7100 population Luxury Life Tower = 1,817,600 max people. With no Roads, Water, Electricity, Parks, etc., the max is 1.8 Mil. You can't collect rent. Stacking Buildings on top of each other ? Hacking or Glitching? Who cares. I went to a City with 1.8 Mil population. An ugly, stupid, cash cow kind of place.

Whatever you do, I recommend patience. Take your time to enjoy the game. I wanted to make a City that was pretty, and fun. That had all the Utilities, Services and Flowers, Trees, and Grass I wanted and needed. I think I succeeded, and my population is 254,200. I'll prob get in to the 260,'s without ruining the way it looks, and without using any cheater 45 coin 7100 peeps buildings. I'd rather have a nice City, tham a high spot on the LeaderBoard.

I'll keep the Zoo, instead of adding another six Sky Towers and 14,700 Population. "Sides, if I ever get hungry, I hear that Giraffe is real tasty bar-b-qued.

One last thing (thank god). These Cities simply do not need so many Police Stations to keep the Crime Rate low !

I, as Mayor of Lil City, bought the Chief of Police an M1A1 Abrams Tank .. There are No Criminals in my town, thank you.

Yea, I have to agree that I hate seening an offensive name on top of the leaderboards and ugly city. I am enjoying the game by making my city nice, and building up slowly. More fun, more enjoyable. Smiley Happy

Message 419 of 704 (324 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I agree that you will probably be much better off if you don't worry about the population leaderboard.

Message 420 of 704 (316 Views)
0 Likes