Sackboy
416 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 8, 2012

TJMVoyager wrote:

How is it they charge you for buying a package, and pay to build another of the same building?

watch out! those buildings use an inventory system, and buying an expansion only puts ONE into your inventory

Message 351 of 704 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 9, 2012

o_0 How does someone have 1.9 million? That should be impossible.

The map is 16x16 and Luxury tower holds the most at 7100.

Message 352 of 704 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 9, 2012
How does one get a Luxury tower?
Message 353 of 704 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 9, 2012

TJMVoyager wrote:
How does one get a Luxury tower?

Buy them individually for 45 coins.

Message 354 of 704 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 9, 2012
How does one get population built up so fast, 1 million hmmmm.
Message 355 of 704 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I'm not going to do nothing but bad mouth Tycoon, but as a whole it seems like another Sony cash grab.  The only way to advance easily is to shell out actual money yet again for extras.  More people need to seriously stop feeding the beast if we all want Sony to stop charging so much for everything.  If we'll pay for it of course they'll charge us for it.  I just want to turn on my PS3 and have fun without constantly being harassed to purchase items to maximize my enjoyment.  Is that too much to ask?

Message 356 of 704 (313 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 9, 2012
I hear ya, man. If there's an inconvenient glitch to be found I'll find it too.
Message 357 of 704 (310 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 9, 2012

georgedom29 wrote:

I'm not going to do nothing but bad mouth Tycoon, but as a whole it seems like another Sony cash grab.  The only way to advance easily is to shell out actual money yet again for extras.  More people need to seriously stop feeding the beast if we all want Sony to stop charging so much for everything.  If we'll pay for it of course they'll charge us for it.  I just want to turn on my PS3 and have fun without constantly being harassed to purchase items to maximize my enjoyment.  Is that too much to ask?

It's very easy to beat all the missions and get all the free rewards without paying a dime.

You only have to shell out money to make the top leaderboard.

Message 358 of 704 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

OK, here's my personal assessment of Tycoon.

First of all, as far being a breath of fresh air goes I see this concept as being spot on in terms of filling the void of the lack of an actual sim in Home.

But...due to the way its set up, the replay value will make the game slide into obscurity.

I spent an entire 20.00 PSN card and after building and doing the mini quests theres nothing more for me to do without being expected to spend even more money on coins just to collect my rent which in turn winds up being an endless money trap.

Why not make it so every 250.00 in briefcase money that we randomly collect we are awarded 2-3 coins. This would give us at least the incentitive to waste 40 minutes or so collecting the briefcases.

Its insanely ridiculous to have to pay to collect payments owed, and considering the value of gold coins is obviously worth much more than the cash that we collect even bothering to return to the space has lost its appeal to many.

Also...correct me if I'm wrong but at no point is it mentioned that once you place your town hall and its constructed, that its there for life. There should be an optional town hall upgrade building for sale, so as the town grows you can select a bigger town hall and relocate it to a more desireable location.

Youve responded well to the worker regeneration and spawning issues, but expecting us to pay pay pay pay pay just to play is a MAJOR turnoff. There at least needs to be a check and balance in effect so we can have a way to acquire gold coins daily without having to kidnap world leaders for hostage just to be able to collect our own rent. if you expect people to create multiple cities then this needs to be addressed quickly.

Oh and we need more expansion packs and a way for more in game interactivity. When I arrive at a friends city I sometimes dont have a clue where they are at. Perhaps a flashing beacon on the map would help.  I'd also like to see more real life sim events occur as opposed to corny aliens and driving zoo animals.

In addition there shouldnt be a cap on spawned workers or rent accumulated. The accumulated rent for buildings should continue to go up until its collected stop cheating us. If you owned a building and I stopped paying rent after 60.00 and stayed there 2 months I would now owe you 120.00, certainly you would want ALL of your money especially if it costs you money to collect.

We should have a building that produces a product that we can sell for gold coins as well.

Message 359 of 704 (241 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 9, 2012

@ ILLUMIN-X     I agree 100% with you man. 

Message 360 of 704 (339 Views)
0 Likes