Sackboy
393 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 5, 2012
I also accepted a challenge yesterday where I was supposed to build a mall, but that challenge vanished as well before I ever built it.

At the moment I have absolutely nothing to so other than wait for workers to unlock and collect money. Those two items disappeared and now the phone never rings. The last thing I completed was building six housing units.
Message 191 of 704 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

I also no longer have the Novus Prime level 12 challenge. I'm bummed out. i've come to really like Novus Prime, but I could really use the worker reward with the regenerating bug.

Message 192 of 704 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012
Here's a suggestion: Make it so any building with 100 or less revenue doesn't require a worker to collect from. Otherwise they'll forever sit there uncollected because they're not worth wasting workers on.

Message 193 of 704 (477 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I think it should be 101 or 102, like the Dalmatians.

Lion Signature
Message 194 of 704 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

@LunarEmerald: This. So much. It's just a better gameplay mechanic. You get a base tax amount from some residences (at least in newer cities, where these buildings are likely to exist) and have to use your worker resources to get more money. That seems SO much more reasonable. (Still not totally desirable, but it's a free-to-play, so I get it.)

On a completely unrelated note, the one thing this game seems to have gotten right is the unique story. Having three different corporations fight for control is an interesting twist for a free-to-play game. (And the part where they ask you to demolish buildings from the other corporations? Hilarious. A little annoying. But mostly hilarious.) However, it doesn't seem to have reached it's potential at all. Maybe that's all we should expect from something on Home ... but I would hope not.

We should have the option to choose which missions to complete, without preventing the advancement of the entire story. That way we can actually make decisions on who to ally with. In turn, those decisions would shape the face of the city. In time, the game could add more "special interests", perhaps with those lovely overpriced expansions.

We could unlock special rewards from certain corporations for having a certain amount of wealth, pollution rate, or simply number of missions completed. And I don't mean clothes. I mean buildings, bonus happiness, money, etc. There could be gauges for how happy different corporations are. It would just be more engaging.

Right now, this game is just the skeleton of a good city builder. But it has so much more potential.

EDIT: I've noticed Hellfire is reading these forums, so I have a question for them. Will there be more free missions available in time? I've already finished them, and am now just building up my city. But the missions were quite entertaining, and they seemed to have dropped off very suddenly.

Message 195 of 704 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Well I think I learned my lesson here by spending money without researching. I bought the $25 pack of coins. There was no way I was spending $50 on a game on Home, since I had never played anything on here worth that much.

I know the workers respawn is a glitch, but it's keeping me from progressing.

Overall I think the game is fun, though everything costs so many coins, I don't think it's worth it. I bought a few buldings, some cash, a car, some expansions... they were okay. The expansions were WAY too short and there seems to be only three mini games with different titles. I haven't finished the main quests because as I said, I don't have enough workers to play. And as of right now I don't make any money because I can't sit and wait for workers to collect every penny and build every building. I guess I just feel like I was expecting more for spending $25. I kind of feel like this game is in the same boat as Mercia- it's innovative, fun, and new on Home, but it's ultimately a setup for something that can be better, but isn't quite there yet.
Message 196 of 704 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

How exactly are we getting money from our buildings? We play as the mayor, so I naturally assume we're getting taxes, such as property, income, and sales. And how do mayors receive tax money for their cities in real life? They get it from the federal government automatically through the state they're in. People send their tax money to the Internal Revenue Service by themselves, and tax collectors usually work to make sure people who are skipping out will pay, meaning they don't have to go to each building and collect the money. Even if Home Tycoon were much larger scale, all I'd expect to get my tax money would be to cooperate with the IRS. Therefore, the action shouldn't require workers, just like the time controls shouldn't require coins. The game is in need of overhauling, not just tiny tweaking. Whatever number people may choose as the cut-off point for this example would be completely arbitrary, which was the point of my Dalmatians comment.

Lion Signature
Message 197 of 704 (374 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Oh my gosh I know I shouldn't be typing a message right now but I guess I must.

I stepped away from the game for about a half hour and came back to see some bot-force or something re-doing all I had done.

I spent hours and hours to get my Tycoon space to where it was and then I'm watching it be destroyed and rebuilt! By what -- I have no idea. But there it was, happening in real time. Something destroyed a majority of my buildings and was putting water towers in their place. I'm too tired to get as upset as I should over this. I'm just dumbstruck. You've got to be kidding. After all the money and effort spent, this happens?

It will be monumentally difficult to go back and correct this. Plus it was already too expensive so I'm definitely not paying even more. Ugh. Unreal. All that time wasted. Woman Mad

Message 198 of 704 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Oct 5, 2012

That does sound like it would be really annoying. Thankfully, I never ran into any major issues with the merged cities glitch, at least so far... I'm sure if you contact Hellfire with an e-mail they'll refund you all the coins you need, but unfortunately you'll probably have to rebuild your city. You should ask them to throw in some extra coins for free.

Lion Signature
Message 199 of 704 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

v_Trillian_v wrote:

v_Trillian_v wrote:

I was at 0/30 workers and decided to buy a bunch, went with the best/most costly package and spent 55 gold coins to get 135 workers. Used some of them then logged off. When I came back on and went to this Hellfire Tycoon space not only were the majority of my 135 workers I paid for missing but I now had only 20/30 workers! Huh?

Hmm, this is a first. We're on the case though!

That would be appreciated, thanks.

We've gifted you some Gold Coins to purchase more Workers. Hopefully you won't lose any more in the future... probably still some server weirdness going on with all the traffic this week.

I just read this now. If you gifted this Trillian ID gold coins, I thank you but that's not the ID I was having trouble with. Tomorrow I may PM but right now I'd rather be as far away from this space as possible.

Thanks for trying to help.

Ok final thing! I wanted to try ONE MORE thing b4 bed and so I left the Tycoon space, went to another personal space, returned and some of it was back. Still not exactly but better. I'm not going to go back and forth all night trying to see if this gets fixed.

Being tired, this shizzle happening and such is all too too much. Sorry and g'nite.

Message 200 of 704 (351 Views)
0 Likes