Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: Home Tycoon: Feedback and General Discussion

Oct 4, 2012

Melpoe wrote:

I thought I should throw this in here too. I picked up a golden briefcase, and received a 20% reduction on an expansion pack. The Crime And Punishment one.

You can also get 20% reduction on Animals Gone Wild. Haven't seen a discount for anything else.

Message 151 of 704 (642 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Oct 4, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Top leaderboard is over 300k population. I wonder how many you can feasibly fit into a city.

I noticed this earlier. I was wondering if it adds all the cities you have if you have purchased more space.

The Biggest Population leaderboard does indeed count the cumulative population of all of your cities. The Biggest Cities leaderboard in the City Navigator in the Train Station only counts population per city. We're also looking into your missing Stunt Pack items. Smiley Wink

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 152 of 704 (633 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Oct 4, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

Melpoe wrote:

I thought I should throw this in here too. I picked up a golden briefcase, and received a 20% reduction on an expansion pack. The Crime And Punishment one.

You can also get 20% reduction on Animals Gone Wild. Haven't seen a discount for anything else.

These are the two add-on packs I've purchased - both because I found a case offering 20% off for limited time. Just roam around your cities collecting the money cases and besides money, you'll sometimes get workers or discounts - which helps!

Message 153 of 704 (576 Views)
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Picked up a bunch of suitcases and for the most part, got a few dollars. I have, however, gotten a few workers, and a discount for the Animals Gone Wild expansion pack.

I don't know. This game seemed like it was going to be worth the time, but now, I'm not so sure.

10 minutes per worker? Who came up with that idea? It just seems like such a long time to wait for a worker to show up so you can keep playing. And they don't regenerate unless you are in game. I don't have the patience for that.

I'm also not going to buy workers. I just don't see the point. Cars, sure. Buildings, why not? At least those make a permanent impact on the city and game play. But workers are just one shot wonders required for building and revenue. Wait, revenue? That doesn't make much sense either. Why are workers required to pick up my rent, when the fire department won't even put out their own fires? If I have to drive the firetruck, I should be allowed to pick up my own cash.

All in all, I think I will just wait until Feburary, when Sim City is released.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 154 of 704 (565 Views)
Survivor
2633 posts

Oct 4, 2012
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE / PLAYSTATION HOME City is now public.!
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 155 of 704 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

I'm missing my coins also. I was wondering how long the turnaround time is for a response? I emailed info@hellfiregames.com about 3 hours ago and I received no response.

Message 156 of 704 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

Oct 4, 2012

firehawk2324 wrote:
10 minutes per worker? Who came up with that idea? It just seems like such a long time to wait for a worker to show up so you can keep playing. And they don't regenerate unless you are in game. I don't have the patience for that.

Remember, workers ARE supposed to regenerate around the clock (and always did during testing) -- we're not sure why they stopped working properly after launch, but we're working on a fix. Like Novus Prime, Home Tycoon was designed to be long-term game where you gradually build up your city, balance your economy, and work your way up the leaderboards. You can buy more workers if you want to rush through the game, or let them regenerate for free over time. I understand it's frustrating when they don't regen while you're not in the game, but that'll be fixed once we nail down the problem.

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 157 of 704 (525 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Oct 4, 2012
So i sent in an email and seemed you fixed and reset the life in the fast lane expansion pack. So i played it again and finish it but it still hasn't givin me my start and finish lines
Message 158 of 704 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Best free game on Home. Thank you, Hellfire Games.    Smiley LOL

Message 159 of 704 (492 Views)
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

firehawk2324 wrote:

Remember, workers ARE supposed to regenerate around the clock (and always did during testing) -- we're not sure why they stopped working properly after launch, but we're working on a fix. Like Novus Prime, Home Tycoon was designed to be long-term game where you gradually build up your city, balance your economy, and work your way up the leaderboards. You can buy more workers if you want to rush through the game, or let them regenerate for free over time. I understand it's frustrating when they don't regen while you're not in the game, but that'll be fixed once we nail down the problem.

I was not aware of this. Thank you for the clarification. If this gets fixed, then I will have little problem wtih the time frame of the regeneration.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 160 of 704 (535 Views)