Highlighted
First Son
27 posts

Re: Home Starting Out The New Year With A Broken Shirt!

Jan 2, 2010

virus_2049 wrote:
junkb4u, when u put the shirt on (and preview it) from your wardrobe , it says item not found there too. just the preview picture shows what it should look like.
I don't know about you. But did that make any difference at all?

Message 51 of 62 (27 Views)
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 2, 2010

HeatherShow wrote:

I'm really sorry to say this so bluntly, but I'm so freaking tired of hearing the excuse, "It was free! Stop complaining! At least they gave us something!", "It's a free service, just be grateful you got anything at all!" or worst of all, pretending that just because an event worked fine for you, that it meant it worked perfectly for everyone else and life's just fine and dandy. Sorry, but Home needs to work for more than just you if it's going to ever be looked at as a success, rather than the joke most people in the industry perceive it to be today.

The bottom line is, constantly excusing failures such as the NYE "event" with those same tired excuses will accomplish absolutely nothing when it comes to preventing such failures in the future. If we can't even acknowledge problems where they exist, those problems will never get resolved! And clearly, after an entire year of open beta, the NA Home development team isn't even close to acknowledging their faults, because these failures just keep on coming. But worst of all, they won't even address the spectacular failures that have occurred over the recent weeks, whether to explain what happened or even apologize. That's just wrong.

And is it just me, or does the rate of failure seem to be increasing as of late? We haven't even heard a single word from any of them about the Bomberman fiasco, the Red Bull Flugtag typo that should have invalidated the contest, or the Diner Dash debacle. Then there was the whole 12 Days of Fail with that freaking Festive Tree (what in the name of all that is good is a "festive tree" anyway?! It's like building a menorrah but calling it a "Not-At-All-Jewish Candelabra". No matter how politically correct you wanna get, a pine tree decorated with ornaments and a star placed on top is a Christmas tree. Sorry, but it just is! The stupidest part is, a Christmas tree isn't even remotely doctrinal, so it's not like it's a nativity scene or anything. It's not like they're shoving a crucifix in everybody's face! It's a freaking Christmas tree, used by just as many secular celebrants of Christmas as Christians. But most importantly, look it up in the encyclopedia, is there such a thing as a "Festive Tree" in there? Nope! Then don't make one up in some half-baked effort to appear to be politically correct. The stupidity of it is far more offensive than any normal Christmas tree could ever be.)

Anyway. I'm just getting really tired of all the excuses, because excuses will get us nowhere. Whether those excuses come from the management or community, excuses won't make Home any better. They won't improve it, they won't solve the problems we have, they won't fix anything. So let's stop already! There are two extremes here, and both are just as wrong, whether you complain about absolutely everything or excuse absolutely everything that goes wrong. We need to find that happy medium of objectivity, be grateful for when things go right and acknowledge when things go wrong. Hopefully then the management can follow our example and do the same, as opposed to continually burying their heads in the sand like they're doing now, pretending like if they just don't acknowledge their mistakes, maybe the consequences will go away. Sorry, but life doesn't work that way. 

*sigh* Home really isn't worth this much frustration. I'm so closed to being done.

Message Edited by HeatherShow on 01-01-2010 08:27 PM

I had to give kudos to such a well typed post, down and right to the point. I see that you are seeing what I have seensince early in the open beta, excuses. This is what the faithful don't want to believe when they are seeing it right in front of them, blind fold anyone?

You are also right about the "festive tree", lol who the hell even says that? FESTIVE TREE? sounds just as bad as home pretending to be in a beta phase when clearly they are not. It's so sad because Home had a much brighter vision than what it has become, and sadly to say it, if it keeps up this way, Home may be shut down.

What does Home need? Well many things, but I'll just name a few:

- Better managment.

- Larger personell.

- and the most important, recreate the whole entire project from scratch, including the engine, avatars, stability, and anything that needs to be improved greatly.

The PS3 is a powerful system, at this time, consoles are close to it's prime, it is time to build a better Home.

Message 52 of 62 (27 Views)
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Jan 2, 2010

I still say the community should hit Sony were it hurts in there wallet were are prob not allowed to l suggest a boycott of home but think about all the things that are lacking and everything that's has gone wrong etc and ask your self  has the money I spent really gone to improve home and give us things that are advertised  and better communication and customer service

A mind thinks as to our lips speak of what's thought yet a thought on point may be joked on,it stays simple but true. High standards above us that pretend to be our literature and emotions step in and edit our purpose without cause but only effect, leaving us defenceless and confused as to not knowing why or what purpose we have of actually being here. But my truth remains and the facts of me are simple and understanding, which in turn is my strenght to help others, I am the1cj, remember that.
Message 53 of 62 (27 Views)
Fender Bender
3539 posts

Jan 2, 2010
you know whats funny the female shirt works... its the male shirt that dosent...
Photobucket
Message 54 of 62 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Jan 2, 2010
Lol whoever said there should be year end reports.  I could just imagine the "State of Home" speaches now.
Net neutrality is a lie. Stop acting like an idiot when you're online.
Message 55 of 62 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Jan 2, 2010

IRMacGuyver wrote:
Lol whoever said there should be year end reports.  I could just imagine the "State of Home" speaches now.

i said there should be a yea end report am i the only one who rember all the fuss months back and then clyd i think put up a what we have been doing thread or something like that ive tried to find it but im not shure if she wrote it  when it was wrote ect
A mind thinks as to our lips speak of what's thought yet a thought on point may be joked on,it stays simple but true. High standards above us that pretend to be our literature and emotions step in and edit our purpose without cause but only effect, leaving us defenceless and confused as to not knowing why or what purpose we have of actually being here. But my truth remains and the facts of me are simple and understanding, which in turn is my strenght to help others, I am the1cj, remember that.
Message 56 of 62 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jan 2, 2010
I share alot of the same frustrations with Home as many of you. Even though I tried to justify some of the mistakes made, I can no longer deny that NA Home is unorganized at best. I have to wonder how many item and event errors occur in Home's other regions. Are our brothers and sisters abroad sharing our woes? Or, as I suspect, did NA receive an inferior development team?
Message 57 of 62 (27 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jan 2, 2010
Kudos to you Heather! Couldnt have said it better. NA Home and people with blinders on in these forums really has become just a source of frustration for me.....I won't write it off altogether just yet, but I sure am finding comfort in getting back to gaming lately! Most of my time in Home will be spent in other regions where they seem to care about developing it successfully. We will see what happens in 2010, but I no longer have the high hopes that I once did for NA Home in particular.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 58 of 62 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3905 posts

Jan 2, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

People not being able to celebrate to gether wasn't SCEA's fault. It was the fault of the person who set the clock of their PS3.

Actually, SCEA does play a role in that. there was no proper warning about Home being able to use the PS3 clock

to trigger events in Home. Since the HCM's do not talk to us on a technical level, how would anybody know to make

sure there clock was set correctly? There was no incentive to check our clocks (PS3's messes up daylight savings time

when automatically set). You work in QA for the navy so surley you couldn't have overlooked this fact.

I wanted to reply earlier than now, but I was dealing with some PC problems. 

Message 59 of 62 (27 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Jan 2, 2010
Haha I'm just wondering which approach theyll take this. My bets are on fix it and does not address it at all.
Message 60 of 62 (27 Views)
0 Likes