Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Re: Home Security Breaches and You

Jul 7, 2008

Hacker117 wrote:

Like I said, why wouldnt you just post "PM me to gameshare, someone is cloning my account and scamming for Home". This type of thread has been done atleast...10 times? I love when the nubs say sticky it because they know the author. Makes me laugh everytime.

Also, why wouldnt you post that  (someone is cloning my account and scamming for Home) in the Beta forums? Im sure that people higher up read those more than these boards.

I don't get it.  Why would I post asking to gameshare?  I think the mods would take it down real quick anyway.  Not that I would do this anyway, but wondering what you are asking/saying.

Message 20 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2261 posts

Jul 7, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

Like I said, why wouldnt you just post "PM me to gameshare, someone is cloning my account and scamming for Home". This type of thread has been done atleast...10 times? I love when the nubs say sticky it because they know the author. Makes me laugh everytime.

Also, why wouldnt you post that  (someone is cloning my account and scamming for Home) in the Beta forums? Im sure that people higher up read those more than these boards.

I don't get it.  Why would I post asking to gameshare?  I think the mods would take it down real quick anyway.  Not that I would do this anyway, but wondering what you are asking/saying.

If people are using yoru account to scam, I highly doubt that the mods will mind if you post "PM me if you want to gameshare, or Ill PM you. People are scamming under my name, and I dont want to be held accountable." 

Actually, you could even post that in your sig. "PM me, or its nto official" 

Message 21 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jul 7, 2008

Hacker117 wrote:

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

If people are using yoru account to scam, I highly doubt that the mods will mind if you post "PM me if you want to gameshare, or Ill PM you. People are scamming under my name, and I dont want to be held accountable." 

Ok, that was what you were getting at.

Unfortunately, the mods will delete it anyway.  The intent is good, but it is still against forum policy.  Thats why.

And I doubt people in the beta would appreciate it too.  Some of them wouldn't get it. 

Message 22 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2261 posts

Jul 7, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

Ok, that was what you were getting at.

Unfortunately, the mods will delete it anyway.  The intent is good, but it is still against forum policy.  Thats why.

And I doubt people in the beta would appreciate it too.  Some of them wouldn't get it. 

Are some of them retarded? If you said "people are making names look like mine" they wouldnt understand?......Sony sure picked the right crew to be in the beta 

Message 23 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jul 7, 2008

The reason why I say some of them might not get it is because they will think I am soliciting away the beta.  They would take it for the literal meaning.

Not just that, some of them don't even use the beta forum either.  I know, thats pretty silly. 

Message 24 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2261 posts

Jul 7, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

The reason why I say some of them might not get it is because they will think I am soliciting away the beta.  They would take it for the literal meaning.

Not just that, some of them don't even use the beta forum either.  I know, thats pretty silly. 

Well back to your original post, there are, on some accounts, the same scituation flipped. Real Home Beta Testers scam other peoples accounts because they do have Home. Bascically its inevitable, and if anything is going to be done, Sony should just make ntsc ps3s have only NA regions available for online accounts... Ps3 is region free for games right?

Message 25 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jul 7, 2008

Hacker117 wrote:

teddynlivia wrote:

Well back to your original post, there are, on some accounts, the same scituation flipped. Real Home Beta Testers scam other peoples accounts because they do have Home. Bascically its inevitable, and if anything is going to be done, Sony should just make ntsc ps3s have only NA regions available for online accounts... Ps3 is region free for games right?

That is totally true too.

You see some people do have home and access that aren't authorized to.  Those people would never give up their mole.  

Unfortunately that happens and you are correct--inevitable since day one.   

Message 26 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Jul 7, 2008
Ok, I want to start off by telling you guys that i'm not in the Beta neither have i gotten it by gamesharing. I really see nothing wrong with giving it to somebbody who doesnt have it, because someone who might have it, might not like it because its not their type of application/game. Also they might not even give sony feedback about Home, but somebody who doesnt have the beta might like it and will give the feedback that sony needs, instead of not giving any at all. Also i have read on here and many other forums that there has not been very many people on the Home Beta, so giving it to other people will help to get more people in the Beta and will have a much more interactive and funner experience for the Testers, because they actually have people who are online to give them that social experience that Home is all about.
Message 27 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2261 posts

Jul 7, 2008

ezermb wrote:
Ok, I want to start off by telling you guys that i'm not in the Beta neither have i gotten it by gamesharing. I really see nothing wrong with giving it to somebbody who doesnt have it, because someone who might have it, might not like it because its not their type of application/game. Also they might not even give sony feedback about Home, but somebody who doesnt have the beta might like it and will give the feedback that sony needs, instead of not giving any at all. Also i have read on here and many other forums that there has not been very many people on the Home Beta, so giving it to other people will help to get more people in the Beta and will have a much more interactive and funner experience for the Testers, because they actually have people who are online to give them that social experience that Home is all about.

Well they shouldnt have accepted the beta then! Also, they would realize that if they leaked it out, that would be breaking the tos which could lead to.. either account susspension or Home beta suspension. The people who get Home from game sharing do not have access to the beta forums, so there is no "well if you give it to me, I can help Sony out and post about glitches and stuff".

Message 28 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jul 7, 2008
so glad I checked in today. No home.  *sigh*
11/24/2008... R.I.P UNDERGROUND
Message 29 of 225 (6 Views)
0 Likes