Last Guardian
12198 posts

Re: Home Security Breaches and You

Jul 7, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

PLAYSTATION®Network - Complaint Form - User Information

With the increasing outbreak of scamming and victims, I think people should seriously not gameshare no matter how tempting the offer is.

You will get sob stories from the perp and harrassment... but don't appease by giving in. If you do that, you have opened up a very bad door which has greater ramifications than you think.

They have gotten to quite a few beta testers, but they don't stop there. They don't care if you are a tester. It might have initially been testers were targeted more, but with more new content released on the PS Store, normal users are just as good. Many of us make purchases and these people are trying to free load.

Sony, what started off as a great idea... is now shooting you in the foot.

The scammers may even pose as one of the testers and entice you by sharing the beta with you... but be careful. You might not be the scammer, but you are also participating in this act of fraud. It works both ways. And not just that, but once you have exchanged your information, you have already compromised yourself. You have just opened the door to your account being hijacked.  But don't worry... there are consequences.  But the possible headache will be a hassle.

Please use the complaint form on top.

Yes this has been done numerous times before... but I felt as if there was a need to because some people just don't understand the trouble it has caused some members here. No need to mention names here. Just report them with the complaint form. Bookmark it, you never know when you might need it! I know I have.

And as always, remember this golden rule: Sony will NEVER ask you for you log in and password. EVER.

Message Edited by teddynlivia on 07-07-2008 10:44 AM

I game shared before... not worth it anyway (not with home though as i dont care much about the beta since it dosnt exist anyway) but none the less i have and in some cases the games shared dont work but they are my friends and couldnt say no... doubt ill do it again as it is a waste of time.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2261 posts

Jul 7, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

Werent you the same person that said "too bad so sad" when it comes to gamesharing? Why would you care now?

Yep.  I am. 

However, there are those that are posing as beta testers and don't even have access.  And that is slander.  And the ones that do have access--thanks for ruining it for all.   

It is those gamesharing scumbags that I am bringing the heat on.   

Way to sell out your beliefs teddy. I think if a beta tester is stupid enough to give his info (even though that would break the tos that they agreed to) with credit card information still on there, then they obviously arent smart enough to beta test.. whatever beta testers definition of "testing" is. This thread is pointless. Thats like me saying "if a stranger says hes going to give you candy if you get in his car, dont do it", it might have been good when we were five, but I think we are a little bit more mature then that. Someone lock this up.

Sell out my beliefs?  If you want to talk about maturity... how about lying to get into the beta?

We all know that there is an age restriction... but do you have any idea how many people lie in their profiles?  And then it makes it nearly impossible for any legal ramifications.

Did I not say I hate gamesharing?  Where did I go back on that?  Do I respect every beta tester?  Of course not, definitely not once they break the code.  

As far as the definition, who dictates the definition?  Where am I not making any sense?  If there is a peeve of mine, it is selling out.   

If you have something to say, then do it.  You know me by now Hacker, I don't beat around the bush. 

So a few kids lie about getting into the beta? I think the fact that they are stupid enough to actually give their info is the real problem. 

Age restriction? Where did that come in? I said that you are acting like we are five by posting this thread saying "watch out for gamesharing predators! they might scam you!". So dad, I never said you didnt hate gamesharing, I said you went back on how you viewed it. You before didnt care, that it was their fault for giving out their info. Now dad, looks like your siding with the mentally challenged, as you must help them think "oh, maybe I shouldnt give out my info (credit card, account, ect) to someone I dont know." Why dont you call up Sony and tell them? Know what they will do teddy? Laugh at you. YOu think they care? Of course not.

*waits for teddy to ask for proof* 

Proof? how about since this has been done ever since the launch of ps3? No one has been banned. The only account that I have seen get banned is the Killzone_beta which was a joke profile.

I didnt ask for your respect opinion on beta testers.

I said the same thing before, read my posts better next time. 

Message 11 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jul 7, 2008

Hacker117 wrote:

So a few kids lie about getting into the beta? I think the fact that they are stupid enough to actually give their info is the real problem. 

Age restriction? Where did that come in? I said that you are acting like we are five by posting this thread saying "watch out for gamesharing predators! they might scam you!". So dad, I never said you didnt hate gamesharing, I said you went back on how you viewed it. You before didnt care, that it was their fault for giving out their info. Now dad, looks like your siding with the mentally challenged, as you must help them think "oh, maybe I shouldnt give out my info (credit card, account, ect) to someone I dont know." Why dont you call up Sony and tell them? Know what they will do teddy? Laugh at you. YOu think they care? Of course not.

Proof? how about since this has been done ever since the launch of ps3? No one has been banned. The only account that I have seen get banned is the Killzone_beta which was a joke profile.

You just had to push me.

How the hell would you feel if someone was posing as you using your good name for slander?  Screwing over other people?!?!?!

Reason why I bring this up?  This is happening right now as we speak.  I'm not going to release the name of the individual, but someone most people that have been around would know of.  

There has been a reinvigorated effort internally at SCEE and SCEA in regards to this matter.  Reason?  What started out as home scams... they are seeing that these guys are not just going after home beta anymore.   

Message 12 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1091 posts

Jul 7, 2008
Nice post your right
Message 13 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5108 posts

Jul 7, 2008
Very well done post Teddy. People need to understand the problems with gamesharing. I think this should be stickied.
Message 14 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2261 posts

Jul 7, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

You just had to push me.

How the hell would you feel if someone was posing as you using your good name for slander?  Screwing over other people?!?!?!

Reason why I bring this up?  This is happening right now as we speak.  I'm not going to release the name of the individual, but someone most people that have been around would know of.  

There has been a reinvigorated effort internally at SCEE and SCEA in regards to this matter.  Reason?  What started out as home scams... they are seeing that these guys are not just going after home beta anymore.   

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

You just had to push me.

Teddy are you blind? Do you honestly ever read what I type? Ive said this has been happening since November 17, 2006! People have been going after credit cards all along, Home is yet an added bonus to those who scam. How would I feel if people were posing as me? Why dont you complain to Sony about Japanese accounts instead of posting your sob stories on the Home forums. I laugh at your "this is happening right nwo as we speak" comment. Its been happening, you just woke up and found it. *claps*

Lmao at me "pushing" you. Thats funny. You go through my posts and throw in random comments from a skim read of my post, then question me about it. I should take screen shots. 

Message 15 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jul 7, 2008

The post was not necessarily how I hate gamesharing.

It was about people posing as testers destroying the name of the beta tester that respects the NDA.  All by simply spoofing their name and using it to manipulate a person for their own scheming ways.

That is my main problem--the slander.

Sorry Hacker, don't mean to come down hard on you for anything because I always liked your posts and good commenting.  But when someone within the community gets compromised like this, it hurts all of us. 

Message 16 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2261 posts

Jul 7, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

It was about people posing as testers destroying the name of the beta tester that respects the NDA.  All by simply spoofing their name and using it to manipulate a person for their own scheming ways.

Sorry Hacker, don't mean to come down hard on you for anything because I always liked your posts and good commenting.  But when someone within the community gets compromised like this, it hurts all of us. 

So you get kudos for making a post that doesnt have to do with your intent. Shows how psu is functioning.

Coming down on me hard! Thats a roflcopter right there! You dont read my posts then act like you have won in an imaginary debate in which you post off topic info.

Again, why dont you do somethign about it and say "if a guy named jiggyteddy asks to gameshare, its not me. PM me first on the boards and Ill see if i want to gameshare or not", wouldnt that be easier? Wouldnt that be the real meaning of the post? If your real problem is the "slander" then take it up with someone that can do somethign about it, not on boards where people only stay to boost their post count. 

Message 17 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jul 7, 2008

Hacker117 wrote:

teddynlivia wrote:

So you get kudos for making a post that doesnt have to do with your intent. Shows how psu is functioning.

Coming down on me hard! Thats a roflcopter right there! You dont read my posts then act like you have won in an imaginary debate in which you post off topic info.

Again, why dont you do somethign about it and say "if a guy named jiggyteddy asks to gameshare, its not me. PM me first on the boards and Ill see if i want to gameshare or not", wouldnt that be easier? Wouldnt that be the real meaning of the post? If your real problem is the "slander" then take it up with someone that can do somethign about it, not on boards where people only stay to boost their post count. 

If only you had access to the beta forum.  You really missed the entire point.  I do read your post.  Yes its been happening since the release.  Like I've been saying, its about the slander.

You think the slandered haven't taken it up yet?  I did this to help discourage those before they get in too deep and get accounts suspended because it is really worth it? 

I guess I should have been more direct and just point that out.  The only thing we aren't allowed to do is list the guilty. 

Message 18 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2261 posts

Jul 7, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

Hacker117 wrote:

teddynlivia wrote:

If only you had access to the beta forum.  You really missed the entire point.  I do read your post.  Yes its been happening since the release.  Like I've been saying, its about the slander.

You think the slandered haven't taken it up yet?  I did this to help discourage those before they get in too deep and get accounts suspended because it is really worth it? 

I guess I should have been more direct and just point that out.  The only thing we aren't allowed to do is list the guilty. 

Like I said, why wouldnt you just post "PM me to gameshare, someone is cloning my account and scamming for Home". This type of thread has been done atleast...10 times? I love when the nubs say sticky it because they know the author. Makes me laugh everytime.

Also, why wouldnt you post that  (someone is cloning my account and scamming for Home) in the Beta forums? Im sure that people higher up read those more than these boards.

Message 19 of 225 (5 Views)
0 Likes