I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Re: Home Security Breaches and You*Updated 9/30*

Jul 29, 2009
lol i still think the best way to stop people from messing with your account is to not give anyone any account information of yours and they should block/star( you know this * ) out your information when you try to send it via the xmb messaging service or the xmb chat
Message 210 of 225 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Jul 29, 2009

Bloodraven85 wrote:
lol i still think the best way to stop people from messing with your account is to not give anyone any account information of yours and they should block/star( you know this * ) out your information when you try to send it via the xmb messaging service or the xmb chat

yea then people just use e-mails cell phones other means.

now a sscurity flag that alerts sony when a xmb message contains info

or better yet put in place a dreadful/ painstaking method for using accounts on different PS3 would be better since only those who really need to will bother with the process.

or even better accounts cant be used on more than 1 PS3 period and all console transfered accounts have to go through a special SCE approval proccess that takes minumin of 24 hours in which account can not be used on old ps3 nor new ps3 durring account console transfer process.

images.jpg

Message 211 of 225 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Jul 29, 2009

TSFRJ wrote:
Sony just shouldn't allow any accounts to be used by more than 1 PS3.

how i understand it right now is sony allows accounts to be used on 5 different consoles.

if thats correct then the number is to high.

Any account used on more than 2 consoles should be looked at.
also any account logged into by more than one PS3 that the consoles are x-number of miles
apart or logged into by PS3's from 2 different regions should really be looked into.

As far as family/close friends go I think any network purchase should have a 1 time share option
Where family can share there purchases. ( with a 3 dollar transfer fee.)

or maybe a notification policy where accounts can only be used on another PS3 after a notice of account transfer policy approval
(where sony logs console serial/model number with account.)
so that accounts can only be used on consoles that owner has registered to PSN-id

Im half asleep right now. So if non of this makes sense I'll fix post later
They let you have up to five consoles because lets say you have five friends who all have PS3s. This lets you go to there house without having to take your PS3 and you can sign into your account through their PS3. That was the point of allowing up to 5 PS3s with one ID. 

Message 212 of 225 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Jul 30, 2009
still dosent make sense to me. no reason for allowing 5 console activations.

images.jpg

Message 213 of 225 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Jul 30, 2009

JVBGFR wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

how i understand it right now is sony allows accounts to be used on 5 different consoles.

also any account logged into by more than one PS3 that the consoles are x-number of miles
apart or logged into by PS3's from 2 different regions should really be looked into.

As far as family/close friends go I think any network purchase should have a 1 time share option

or maybe a notification policy where accounts can only be used on another PS3 after a notice of account transfer policy approval
so that accounts can only be used on consoles that owner has registered to PSN-id

They let you have up to five consoles because lets say you have five friends who all have PS3s. This lets you go to there house without having to take your PS3 and you can sign into your account through their PS3. That was the point of allowing up to 5 PS3s with one ID. 

wrong not the real reason behind the 5 activations on 5 PS3

the real reason is maintenance
they normally send a different console to those who send theirs in for repair has nothing to do with having 5 friends
it's for maintenance & console repair/replacement issues

images.jpg

Message 214 of 225 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 30, 2009

I just received a message from a HOME user in which he insisted that I give him my real name and address so he could report me to EA because I expressed my dissatisfaction with the quality of work from their development team.

The real problem here is that I have no way to actually report him sending me a harassing, stalking, and scammy note from within home. Is there someway to report this moron?

Message 215 of 225 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
743 posts

Jul 30, 2009

TSFRJ wrote:

JVBGFR wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

they normally send a different console to those who send theirs in for repair has nothing to do with having 5 friends

TSFRJ wrote:

JVBGFR wrote:

TSFRJ wrote:

Wrong, maintenance has very little to do with it.  It is user convenience, going to a friends house is actually a major part in this.  My PS3 was sent off, I got a different one back, and they clear it as a system.  So no if your system goes off for repair, you will still have 5 systems free.
USC
Message 216 of 225 (10 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Jul 31, 2009
they dont always clear, i call the 1800-345-sony number and thats what they said, using on friends console isnt the reason. they wasnt sure why number was set to 5 but it was original for service purpose.

images.jpg

Message 217 of 225 (10 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28880 posts

Jul 31, 2009

Bud_Goode wrote:

The real problem here is that I have no way to actually report him sending me a harassing, stalking, and scammy note from within home. Is there someway to report this moron?

Use this: PlayStation®Network File a Complaint Form

I don't know if this is needed, but I suggest keeping his messages to you for about two weeks as evidence just in case.

Message Edited by Conrad_Max on 07-31-2009 05:45 AM
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 218 of 225 (10 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Aug 1, 2009

Yeah had my first run in with someone trying to phish me. Thing is the scammers are getting tricky if yer a guy they approach you as a cute girl avatar and start up a conversation with you (this is how it started with me). Everything seems on the up and up, they want to exchange pics with you tell you you're cute. They want to talk private to you not out in the open, then the question...."oh by the way do you have "insert game here"? I'm looking for someone who has it who will send it to me".

So I tell her or whoever this person is "well if you purchased it you should be able to download it again" Then she says "oh I lost my old PSN account can you do me a big favor and let me download yours?" So I immediatlely deleted and blocked this person. So yeah watch out people in Home be really wary of people who seem overly friendly and want to get to know you. And never ever give anyone no matter how much they beg you your personal account information.

Message 219 of 225 (10 Views)
0 Likes