Apr 25 2007
By: Tilton First Son 22 posts

Home: Pros and Cons

11 replies 36 views Edited Apr 25, 2007
I'm as excited as the rest of you for the beta trial.. I'm dying to get in.
But at this very moment, I'm thinking ahead. Trying to think realistically.

Once I get my character made and home furnished, what's next?
Earning trophies? I don't care about yours, do you care about mine?
Playing sports that are more fun (and already tiresome) on the Wii?
Added customization? I'm not paying real money for fake accessories.
Chatting/interacting with friends? Most of my friends can't even afford PS3s.

I think what will make or break Home are the people themselves. Sony is making it extremely easy for their gamers to casually meet each other. We'll have homes and characters representative of ourselves, so it'll be easier to find people who match your personality. We can text/voice chat, so communication is simple, and eventually we'll play games like Little Big Planet together. It'll be nice to make friends to play multiplayer games with, instead of joining random people in Motorstorm or Resistance. Also, hosting public events in Home sounds pretty interesting (although I don't know if I'd want to go to a virtual concert).

Are there any ideas or possibilities you guys are looking forward to?
Any that haven't been announced or mentioned publicly yet?
I'm just hoping we don't get overwhelmed with advertising.
Message 1 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Re: Home: Pros and Cons

Apr 25, 2007
I'm actually looking forward to the aprtments the most. I have a few freinds on my PSN network (GF included). Setting up a virtual stero playing music of my hard drive sounds interesting. The added bonus of uploading photo's to picture frames (so my freinds can see what i'm doing at university) is also a nice added bonus.

Oh and as i'm a animator uploading my movies on to a virtual TV sounds like a good idea and let people watch it.

Message 2 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 25, 2007
pros: its something new

cons: its not out yet
there is a light at the end of the tunnel
Message 3 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Apr 25, 2007
If you like services like MySpace and YouTube, then you'll like Home. Enough said.
David Tran
Bits & Pieces
Message 4 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Apr 25, 2007

bitsnpieces wrote:
If you like services like MySpace and YouTube, then you'll like Home. Enough said.

Yes besides HOME is the best new idea (kinda new) since halo series
PSN ID= jetlitheone
nexgenwars.com
Message 5 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Apr 25, 2007

bitsnpieces wrote:

I agree somewhat, but this really isn't like them.  It's almost completely different.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Message 6 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 25, 2007

PickleJ wrote:
I'm as excited as the rest of you for the beta trial.. I'm dying to get in.
But at this very moment, I'm thinking ahead. Trying to think realistically.

Once I get my character made and home furnished, what's next? After this, I spend months socializing with friends, playing in my apartment, hosting events, watching TV, listening to music, framing pictures, chatting and texting, dancing, playing virtual golf, boxing, and pool, launching directly into games, and unlocking special clothing and furniture as new games come out.
Earning trophies? I don't care about yours, do you care about mine? I care about my trophies immensely. I also care about yours. It gives me an idea of how other gamers are excelling in games. It also gives me a cool array of videos and 3D models to boast and brag about
Playing sports that are more fun (and already tiresome) on the Wii? Ok, go ahead and play pool, basketball, and arcade games on the Wii. May I add, you will play golf, boxing, and every sport and arcade game amongst hundreds of thousands of friends who can join you at any time they want?
Added customization? I'm
not paying real money for fake accessories. Ok then, don't. Home is free! You aren't forced to buy anything. You also get free T-shirts and wallpapers with Resistance, Singstar, and many other games.
Chatting/interacting with friends? Most of my friends can't even afford PS3s.

There once was a saying by a wise old man... "Make new friends!"
About 20 people I know have Playstation 3s. Does that mean I will only hang out with them? No.
Interact with new people. You might learn a thing or two. Home is a great opportunity to interact with new PS3 owners and gamer alike

Message 7 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
485 posts

Apr 26, 2007
make new friends my man
Message 8 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Apr 26, 2007
did you get an invite?
hit counter
Message 9 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
920 posts

Apr 26, 2007
It's just an option.  People who doesn't like the idea of it can just continue to use their xmb while those that want to interact, can use home.

Don't worry, you'll see people **bleep** about how bad home is (advertisement), when they have the option to not use at all and still be able to play their games online.
banner
Message 10 of 12 (36 Views)
0 Likes