Survivor
1350 posts

Re: Home Needs To Die

Nov 26, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Im a huge Sony fanboy...

But even I can sit here and find 10 valid things wrong with the PS3....and Home, for that matter. Doesnt mean I dont like Sony or Home...just means Im not blind to certain truths and revelations. Sony is not perfect and Home is not perfect...and I will call out their flaws, when I see them. Is it really too hard for you to do the same and at least acknowledge Sony's failure with Home? Or are you seriously gonna sit there and tell me and all of us here...that Home is so perfect and can do no wrong? 

Calling out flaws is one thing.

Actually doing something about it is another.

Suggesting ideas here on the forums is the least you can do, if nothing else can be done.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 111 of 128 (191 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Taliesin...

What is it with you guys? Im not trying to change anyones mind. You wanna fight for Home, fight for it. But let me ask you...where has it gotten you or any of us? When we can clearly see that there is no change, no support and not even a single mention of Home from Sony...in how long??? Are all of you really gonna be a bunch of lemmings and fight for Home, right down to the very last second before they finally shut it down? And if so...why? So you can say you fought for it...when in the end, it didnt matter anyway? It's a fool's errand. Be the last man standing...but even the last man standing, has nothing left to inherit once the dust has settled. When Sony failed to comment on bringing Home to PS4, you said "I'll wait for an official response"...now when it has become apparent that we will never get that "official response"...you STILL cant see the truth, not even when it's right in front of your faces! 

So YOU tell me...what good does it do, to continue sticking your heads in the sand and living in a constant state of denial?  o_O

It's not a fool's errand.

We enjoy it.

What you do with your time in Playstation Home may not be enoyable for *you*.

We all do different things in Playstation Home, and who I spend my time with, or what I do is by choice. There's are hundreds of things to do, n friends to talk with, or can do what is presented to you, free or paid, or you can make your own fun, whatever that is. Don't join radmon group chats, you won't have DDOS problems, if that's an issue for you.

Bugs aside, i see very little going on other than the slow loading (especially in new spaces), n wardrobe, furniture loading, all of which could be solved by some software changes that allow for the Home client to see how much RAM our PS3 has, so that it could do the same thing *if* another system with *more RAM* could run Home and make it what it should be. Seemless, smooth n fast, like a ride that you can't get enough of.

I'm sure you would enjoy that, a new *fast* Playstation Home, even if still looking the same, wouldn't you?

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 112 of 128 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

Nov 26, 2013
There is nothing we can post that hasn't already been posted on the matter, or that Sony undoubtedly has considered.

Would executives even listen?

The OP says "Home should die". This is ironic, because that IS what is happening.

And when the diminishing returns (profits) outweigh the cost of operation (inevitable), the service will discontinue.

Sony has engineers, analysts, and cavalcade of financial managers... and invested interests.

I doubt anything new has been suggested that already been discussed by all of the above mentioned parties.

I hope Sony liquidates the asset, so a software company can revitalize it.

That is my hope for the software, above and beyond the hardware it operates on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 113 of 128 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
Oh I see....

Okay. I get it. So were all just gonna act like everything I stated in the OP is irrelevant and not worth mentioning. That sacred taboo that noone is supposed to bring up or talk about. Home has problems upon problems...but were all just gonna turn a blind eye to them, like we always do. And you all wonder why nothing in Home ever gets fixed. Because why should they fix anything....when were all just gonna act like we dont care. If we dont care....do you think THEY will? Nope.

Home staff: "See John...they dont care. Theyre so loyal, they will support Home no matter WHAT we do or dont do to it. LOL, forget about all that stuff that needs fixed....just give em more stuff to buy, every week. THAT'S all they really care about."

So, the next time someone here wonders why we have a 12 hour maintenance...when nothing gets fixed, afterwards...now you have your answer. Because the community could care less about Home's problems. At least not enough to rationally address them among the community, when threads like this get brought up.

There's nothing wrong with bringing up what is wrong, especially if it's something new that Sony n the Devs don't know about.

But to re-hash the same crap over n over. That's not helping. Sony knows about it, n re-posting it here only aggravates people, since we don't control what Sony does.

As long as i find enjoymeny in something within Playstation Home, i will continue to play in it.

Please don't keep trying to take a dump in our sandbox here. We know what the crap is, n we deal with it the best that we can.

Message 114 of 128 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
MY take and perspective on Home:
I would rather have no Home at all, than one that is barely breathing, infected with numerous issues and inconsistencies, network failures and the like.

The communities take and perspective on Home:
We would rather have a Home that is constantly bogged down by bugs and glitches, network failures, slow loading, with little to no tech support....than no Home at all.

Now....you see the difference between me....and ALL of you.

You can have no Home at all.

Just don't play it.

Let somebody in the door who may start posting here with ideas, instead of just complaints.

I'm sure there are many wonderful people out there who are looking for a virtual world to have fun it. Your thread here doesn't help them even give it a chance does it?

It makes anyone reading think that the whole virtual place is gonna cave-in on your head once you walk in. It's troll like, and does not help anything.

Message 115 of 128 (164 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Eh....they dont care, BDOG. 

We have 5 pages here, that pretty much proves that. They SAY they care....but not really. Cuz if they really cared, they would all be beating down doors, trying to get the Home staff to run a tighter ship and shape things up. You wanna know how to make em care, BDOG? Drop weekly content support for a few weeks. You'll see people rage like it was the end of the world then. LOL

"OMG, where is all the stuff to buy? I need my STUFF! Gotta buy stuff! Cant believe they didnt release anything NEW this week! NOooooo!"  LOL. 

It would stand to reason, that if the community REALLY cared about Home's problems...they wouldnt be so quick to brush them under the rug. They wouldnt be so quick to say "If you dont like it, dont use it." All they care about....and this is the most hilarious thing I have ever read on these forums...is that they all have an online place to meet up with friends and loved ones, where they can talk and chill and hang out. They would rather have Home, in its failing and corrupted state that it is....than none at all. And THAT....that is pretty sad, if you ask me. To not demand quality service for a quality product, for which paying consumers pony up for. Beta....or no Beta. 

You wanna chat with your friends and hang out all day, we have SKYPE and Facebook for that. Otherwise, SOME of us would rather have a BETTER service than what we are dealing with, right now. Sorry you all disagree. it is, what it is. 

Skype and Facebook don't have a 3D virtual world for us to enjoy.

Second Life doesn't have PSN games or promotions. It mini-games are presently a joke compared to what the Home developers have made. It's disgusting with how it is laid out where there are no boundaries to the simulations that are very graphic sexually, that some people there do in public. But it is on a PC, and maybe that's where Playstation Home needs to go. Still it's a world that is not made for those who enjoy Sony games, n whatever any may say about "moderation" in second life, it is likely to continue to be filled with public perversions n sexual acts that many of us Playstation Home users would never care to be a part of. Let alone that most of it's users are older men who either are virgins in real life or likely have no clue what feeling the breeze while walking with someone you love really is. Most of us who play Home don't play it for the same reasons that people who play Second Life do. Many of us get enough love and sex in real life where we don't need to display it virtually in some online public space, n we don't want to either.

But to each their own.

I brought up Second Life, because it really is the only valid competitor at this time.

As long as Sony supports Playstation Home, I will support them. You will never see me playing Second Life, not the way it's run now. n I know I'm not alone in this sentiment.

Message 116 of 128 (151 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Nov 26, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:
However, now that it seems as though that will never happen, given the stage we are at in Home's life cycle, I am wanting to get back on Home and see what I have missed.  I just no longer have the HDD space to download the app now.

lol, maybe it's time for a new hard drive?

you could always use an external usb hard drive n copy whatever off your ps3 hard drive to free up some space too!

Message 117 of 128 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Nov 26, 2013

I went back and re-read Shadow's OP . .. he said : " I love Home as much as most people here do.. "

I think that over time, Home's problems start to get the best of you.

One can get disillusioned, and a bit heartbroken over what it is , and what it could / should be.

Two sides of the coin.

Everything Shadow mentioned . . vs . .  I love Hudson, I love Tycoon, I enjoyed the heck out of Sony's new PS4 Experience.

I am thankful that the Devs are still working hard to bring us new things to enjoy.

I am unhappy at times about certain Home issues; but I am very happy that I still have a " Home " to go to Smiley Happy

I don't wish to bury my head in the sand ;  but Home is, what it is.

I don't see it as " Love it, or leave it".

More as giving honest, forthright criticism where due ; but do your best to find places and people that are fun, and make you smile.

Otherwise, if nothing about Home is good for you, then yes, you probably should find another venue.

Dear Shadow : Try a fresh start to finding, and then embracing, what you love about Home.

Home has had, and still has problems, but it ain''t ready for the Glue Factory yet.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 118 of 128 (136 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

"Here's some homework for all of you: Go outside of these forums, to other PS3 game realted websites and forums...and ask people what THEY think of Home and how they feel about it. Try Kotaku, N4G, IGN, PSU or...you can even try Facebook, Youtube and Twitter. You will find that with everyone you ask, every forum board you find and every comment you read from each user...."MOST" people outside these forums...dont even care about Home and gave up on it a LONG time ago. There are some who would rather see it removed from the PS3 and never ported to the PS4, as they see it as a waste of resources and developers talent. We seem like such a huge army here, on the actual PlayStation Home forums...but this is where our army ends. Compared to the vast majority of people out there...we are a minority...a small percentage of people, still fighting for a service...that Sony itself has given up on and abandoned."-Shadow-Runner

Shame on you for actually telling people to go to Kotaku. Don't ever give that site ad hits. 

But what fight? Huh? I think you're blowing this stuff a little out of proportion and I quite honestly don't get the point of this thread. You've been on the forums for a while now. We all know Home's dead. Do we need it to be removed? That's like me saying games like Warhawk should discontinue their online servers just "because". I understand you're frustrated with its issues, but why are you still here if it bothers you to the point you wish to make a thread of it? Why haven't you left already? I'm not trying to defend Home or anything, I just don't get why you'd stick around if it truly bothers you to this extent.

Anyway, with what I quoted above and seeing everyone give their 2 cents in this thread, it kind of brings some nostalgic memories back. Yes, Sony doesn't really care about Home now, but at one point it was all they cared about. I still remember that one video of them showcasing Home at a video game conference where the demonstrator was in his Summer House and showing off some television which was live streaming a movie. There was a lot of excitement with the development of Home, you could feel it if you'd go back and look up those videos from '07. 

Why'd I even bring that up? I think you're being a little too dramatic with this thread, and your idea to just cut a source of revenue off when it's still up and functioning is silly because Home has had these issues since the beginning. It's nothing new. Even if Sony and Slowtaku don't care for Home, others do. That passion was still there in people like GlassWalls, and i'm sure it's there in other Home devs along with their clientele.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 119 of 128 (133 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Message 120 of 128 (114 Views)
0 Likes