Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Re: Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 29, 2007

killroykill wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

rdandy wrote:
Whatever they look like, they should probably have the ability to go "invisible", so they can navigate the world but other members can't see them.

Good call!

That way, Moderators can get from here to there without being swamped by fans. They can also sneak up and investigate a situation, whereas the bullies or glitchers would disperse when a MOD comes

I don't think that would be a good idea. They are regular players as well right? They might  abuse that ability when it comes to doing regular stuff

How so?  Game Masters have always had special abilities in the past, from god mode to teleporting etc...  never been a problem before.  But Home isn't a game, so I prefer to call what Home will have "moderators".  Because Home will be more of a live chat room with a pretty GUI, than a game.

Remember guys, Home isn't an MMORPG, it's the first MMOC(Massively Multiplayer Online Community), with no violence whatsoever.  It's not like we will compete for things, no competition means no such thing as cheating.  The only way a mod could abuse power would be to kick/ban people just because they personally don't like them.
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
60GB PS3 pwner since 02/07
Message 21 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Home Moderators/Game Masters

Apr 29, 2007

stephenokelley wrote:
I wonder if the completed Home version will have game moderators or game masters like other massive online games I have experience.

Final Fantasy XI has game masters to enforce policy and players conduct. I have seen them in a few occasions dressed in their flaming god like armor. I actually got placed in jail for accidentally cursing someone out after they stole a notorious monster from me and was educated about the policy and was issued a warning.

I wonder how Home moderators/game masters will be presented.

I think it would be interesting to see the resemble a S.W.A.T team and rush in and take someone down like a drug bust or maybe resemble the guys from the Matrix.

What do you guys think? What online conduct violations would you think would warrant action?  

HAHA GM's would be like agent-like
Time is made for a reason, which is not to waste any of it.
PSN ID= Vash_Tigang, and Sausagefoot
"NO $KILL$, Just Owned"

Message 22 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Apr 29, 2007
           In eqoa the game mods could take any form ..they would watch us completly invisable and unconable.. just wait for somthing bad to happen, then poof agents would spawn into a lvl 50 dragon (sillikor)

Message Edited by Delmarion on 04-29-2007 09:57 AM
Photobucket
Message 23 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1359 posts

Apr 29, 2007

killroykill wrote:
I think I would hang out near the trouble makers just to see them get taken down by S.W.A.T team haha

Message Edited by killroykill on 04-28-2007 02:06 PM

if they had a swat team and a jail i just might have to pay my home taxes OH NO!!
Message 24 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Apr 29, 2007

Major_Nono wrote:
Harassment, Exploiting, and Flooding/Screaming into the mic.

not halo 2 allover again
PSN: Turtlesrus add me
Message 25 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 30, 2007

killroykill wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

rdandy wrote:
Whatever they look like, they should probably have the ability to go "invisible", so they can navigate the world but other members can't see them.

Good call!

That way, Moderators can get from here to there without being swamped by fans. They can also sneak up and investigate a situation, whereas the bullies or glitchers would disperse when a MOD comes

I don't think that would be a good idea. They are regular players as well right? They might  abuse that ability when it comes to doing regular stuff

What do you mean? Moderators became Moderators for a reason. They're not going to abuse their powers. If they want to do what regular players do, they can make another character
Message 26 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Apr 30, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:

killroykill wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

rdandy wrote:

Good call!

What do you mean? Moderators became Moderators for a reason. They're not going to abuse their powers. If they want to do what regular players do, they can make another character

Agreed. Moderators should of course be monitored by Senior Moderators also to prevent this from happening. But they should be obligated not to abuse this privilige.

I was speaking with a buddy in the real world about this and he brought this subject up. I have a idea for the development Team to recruit individuals for time zone coverage. They should select a handful of guys in various age groups in different time zones. These individuals will be volunteers amongst their peer groups and have certain designated responsibility like policy enforcement and addessing technical issues.

They will be responsible for knowing the policies like the back of their hands and how to address technical issues through the server tech team.

At the same time keeping the fun in the game/world by actively participating and creating a omni presence within the society.

Funny stuff to talk about while out in the surf catching some waves but it was fun. Have a good weekend guys!
Message 27 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16940 posts

Apr 30, 2007

UBlender wrote:
Im sure that they will have GMs, but having them look like Agents, ROFL!

yea im sure that they will have their own style of looking, but i would think that sony would try and hid their mods, so that they could catch people doing things....
Message 28 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 30, 2007
That would be cool!
Message 29 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Apr 30, 2007
They should look normal and if they see something happen they could leave the room, hit a button and transform into SWAT gear. Step back in and bust the offender. Or just give the mods a button to push that automatically transports the next nearest moderator into the room and automatically replays the last 2 minute so they can see the offense. Send the offender to jail (make it realtime jail too). Make them manually push 2-6 random buttons for 15 minutes to several hours depending no the severity of the 'crime' in order to get out. They stop doing the required actions to get out and the clock stops. Cussing in public spaces should be a jail-able offense.

ProMotors
Hi def Home Theater, Road Cars, PS2/3 and Electronics.

GAP member since May '03
Help a car guy out.. My AtomFunds' Here

Message 30 of 47 (12 Views)
0 Likes