Highlighted
Nov 13 2012
By: XenothXIII Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Home Interactions

70 replies 343 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

So this is just me but, i think sony should add handshakes and hugs and etc.... to Home. It'd be kinda nice to give hugs and high fives to random people.

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Message 1 of 71 (343 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Re: Home Interactions

Nov 13, 2012

Come here and let me cut you. I mean hug you, hugging is what I meant.

If random people randomly hugged me I wouldn't go out into public anymore. Perhaps maybe only friends can hug you?

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 2 of 71 (339 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Hugs, Kisses, Hand Shakes, High Fives, & other interactive avatar actions, people have been asking for stuff like this for years & so far Sony or whoever runs Home has said no word on the matter and / or has flat out ignored those demands. same thing goes with letting us play our own music & videos from our XMB on Home.

Message 3 of 71 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 13, 2012

XenothXIII wrote:

So this is just me but, i think sony should add handshakes and hugs and etc.... to Home. It'd be kinda nice to give hugs and high fives to random people.

It's a good idea but it's just not that likely to happen at this time.  Let's take handshakes both people would have to be standing just the right number of feet away from each other or else it would not work.  What would happen if you gave someone a high five and they were a foot off all you would get would be air to close and it would just look dumb. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 4 of 71 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Nov 13, 2012
They decided there's no baseball in Home. If you can't get to first base then there's no chance of stealing second, and so on. Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 71 (319 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 13, 2012

hyperkane wrote:
They decided there's no baseball in Home. If you can't get to first base then there's no chance of stealing second, and so on. Smiley Tongue

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 6 of 71 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Nov 13, 2012

my idea of interacting with others wouldwork like a game invite. You'd select the person you want to interact with, scroll to "interact" or whatever, select the desired action, then wait for the person so accept or decline it.

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Message 7 of 71 (269 Views)
VP of Gaming
28377 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

XenothXIII wrote:

... scroll to "interact" or whatever, select the desired action, then wait for the person so accept or decline it.

I can see someone receiving a lot of pop-ups to be hugged, kissed or whatever... 

If people want it, let them show it through their numbers. Post the idea in the official monthly thread. Personally, I feel that there is no point to it and would never support it.

Now if any Developer programmed it into their game(s), that would be acceptable. Home users would know what to expect. Such as in the Flirt game in x7. But outside of a game, I doubt that it would happen. Our "built in" emotes and actions cannot be added to. But in order to have what has been requested, something will have to go due to memory constraints. This includes dance steps. 

If I wanted this to happen, I'd post it where it will be seen. Otherwise it's just going to disappear as have many other "great ideas".

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 71 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Nov 13, 2012
:^) I like the idea of more interactivity between avatars, and have suggested it in the past.

As Xenoth, above, suggested, whichever avatar initiates the action would only be sending an invitation to another, who would then accept or not, much as in real life. An extended hand and a smile invites a handshake, fist bump or high five, but doesn't force it.

As for coordinating the animation, that's just a programming thing. The avatars wouldn't need to begin with the exact spacing between them and relative orientation, they'd only need to be close. The actual animation movement would be adjusted as needed, within reason.
Message 9 of 71 (245 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Here is how I see it...

User 1: User 1 would like to kiss you! 

[Appect?]

[Decline?]

Me: [Decline] 

User 1: User 1 would like to kiss you! 

[Appect?]