Reply
Jun 17 2007
By: MajicMorgan~ Lombax Warrior 236 posts
Offline

Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

9 replies 10 views Edited Jun 17, 2007
Please pass this over to Hoe beta fourms if you like the idea
 
 
Hey heres an Idea I have for Home, that I think would really make it amazing... Universal Clans
Ok, along with a universal buddy list I want there to beone Clan throughout all games. I think that would create a better online community. In addtion to this, every clan should get a seperate apartment just for the clan, where every clan memeber is free to custimize just like its there own home. Then there is a blend of tastes and the clan really comes together as a whole. I dont recommend this to all, but my clan is only people in my school, so then you could all put up pictures of yourself around the clanroom.
Anyways, besidesthe room I like this because of the competion. Has your clan ever had stiff rivals that you would just love to battle against, to prove that you are better? Has that every happened and when one game dies you never see themm again and your battles die? And since there your arch enemys you dont want them to be on your buddy list. So thats where tis comes in. If my clan fight this other clan on Resistance and then we move on to Warhawk, the online battles dont have to end. Instead of adding them to your buddy list, your clan has a buddy list of other clans. Then when you are in your clan room, you bring up the PSP, go to Clan friends and choose invite all, then it invites all of the memebers in that clan that are online into the room so that you can go into the game together. You can chat, argue, and trash talk before you wait to play your game.
There should be offical "clan wars" were you can bet possesions around your house that are unique to those special clans that have moved up in rank and earned it. Say you win a clan war, you get a special TV that takes up the whole wall. And then you wager it in another clan war for somthing else. Clan records are kept for wins and losses. When you win enough clan wars you get more items for your clan room, or get a bigger room. You also move up in rank, say from a Minor Clan to a Major Clan, to a Power house. (IDK Dumb names but you get the idea)
Well those are just some Ideas that I had that would really tie up the online community and unite all the games into one and make an unique online expericene that Xbox fans would go ga ga for.
 
 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/06/2003
Offline
3082 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 17, 2007


MajicMorgan wrote:
Please pass this over to Hoe beta fourms if you like the idea
 
 
Hey heres an Idea I have for Home, that I think would really make it amazing... Universal Clans
Ok, along with a universal buddy list I want there to beone Clan throughout all games. I think that would create a better online community. In addtion to this, every clan should get a seperate apartment just for the clan, where every clan memeber is free to custimize just like its there own home. Then there is a blend of tastes and the clan really comes together as a whole. I dont recommend this to all, but my clan is only people in my school, so then you could all put up pictures of yourself around the clanroom.
Anyways, besidesthe room I like this because of the competion. Has your clan ever had stiff rivals that you would just love to battle against, to prove that you are better? Has that every happened and when one game dies you never see themm again and your battles die? And since there your arch enemys you dont want them to be on your buddy list. So thats where tis comes in. If my clan fight this other clan on Resistance and then we move on to Warhawk, the online battles dont have to end. Instead of adding them to your buddy list, your clan has a buddy list of other clans. Then when you are in your clan room, you bring up the PSP, go to Clan friends and choose invite all, then it invites all of the memebers in that clan that are online into the room so that you can go into the game together. You can chat, argue, and trash talk before you wait to play your game.
There should be offical "clan wars" were you can bet possesions around your house that are unique to those special clans that have moved up in rank and earned it. Say you win a clan war, you get a special TV that takes up the whole wall. And then you wager it in another clan war for somthing else. Clan records are kept for wins and losses. When you win enough clan wars you get more items for your clan room, or get a bigger room. You also move up in rank, say from a Minor Clan to a Major Clan, to a Power house. (IDK Dumb names but you get the idea)
Well those are just some Ideas that I had that would really tie up the online community and unite all the games into one and make an unique online expericene that Xbox fans would go ga ga for.
 
 


This is a dumb idea because what if I have a clan in Socom and none of my clan likes to play Warhawk, but i do.  Are you telling me that I cannot have  clan in warhawk just because all my friends in Socom don't own Warhawk?...Doesn't make any sense.
Message 2 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/12/2005
Offline
322 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 17, 2007
I love the idea. Sony really needs to increase Community activities in the PS Network, if they want to compete with Xbox Live.
Message 3 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 05/31/2007
Offline
2357 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 17, 2007
a better idea is to invite more people
Photobucket
Message 4 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/04/2007
Offline
236 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 17, 2007


wrote:

 


This is a dumb idea because what if I have a clan in Socom and none of my clan likes to play Warhawk, but i do.  Are you telling me that I cannot have  clan in warhawk just because all my friends in Socom don't own Warhawk?...Doesn't make any sense.



Then invite more people that like Warhawk.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 5 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/29/2006
Offline
5135 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 18, 2007
Don't worry, I'll pass it on to my "Hoes"
Message 6 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/06/2003
Offline
114 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 18, 2007


wrote:


MajicMorgan wrote:
Please pass this over to Hoe beta fourms if you like the idea
 
 
Hey heres an Idea I have for Home, that I think would really make it amazing... Universal Clans
Ok, along with a universal buddy list I want there to beone Clan throughout all games. I think that would create a better online community. In addtion to this, every clan should get a seperate apartment just for the clan, where every clan memeber is free to custimize just like its there own home. Then there is a blend of tastes and the clan really comes together as a whole. I dont recommend this to all, but my clan is only people in my school, so then you could all put up pictures of yourself around the clanroom.
Anyways, besidesthe room I like this because of the competion. Has your clan ever had stiff rivals that you would just love to battle against, to prove that you are better? Has that every happened and when one game dies you never see themm again and your battles die? And since there your arch enemys you dont want them to be on your buddy list. So thats where tis comes in. If my clan fight this other clan on Resistance and then we move on to Warhawk, the online battles dont have to end. Instead of adding them to your buddy list, your clan has a buddy list of other clans. Then when you are in your clan room, you bring up the PSP, go to Clan friends and choose invite all, then it invites all of the memebers in that clan that are online into the room so that you can go into the game together. You can chat, argue, and trash talk before you wait to play your game.
There should be offical "clan wars" were you can bet possesions around your house that are unique to those special clans that have moved up in rank and earned it. Say you win a clan war, you get a special TV that takes up the whole wall. And then you wager it in another clan war for somthing else. Clan records are kept for wins and losses. When you win enough clan wars you get more items for your clan room, or get a bigger room. You also move up in rank, say from a Minor Clan to a Major Clan, to a Power house. (IDK Dumb names but you get the idea)
Well those are just some Ideas that I had that would really tie up the online community and unite all the games into one and make an unique online expericene that Xbox fans would go ga ga for.
 
 


This is a dumb idea because what if I have a clan in Socom and none of my clan likes to play Warhawk, but i do.  Are you telling me that I cannot have  clan in warhawk just because all my friends in Socom don't own Warhawk?...Doesn't make any sense.



It'd be of course purely optional. And also you'll most likely be able to add as many clans in your repertoire as you want for as many games as you want (like a buddy list-but instead it's a clan list)

This idea sounds ideal for the more official, larger clans that stay the same across the game. So it cuts down on having specific clan meets for specific games. Just do a 1-in-all if you so choose to cut down on the clans in your "buddy clan list".
Message 7 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/23/2005
Offline
68 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 18, 2007
I think that this is a great idea.
-----------------------------
PSN - xSnEaKy-Gx

http://www.smartspendingtips.com
Message 8 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/17/2007
Offline
244 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 18, 2007
Please pass this over to Hoe beta fourms if you like the idea

lol hoe beta...idk thought it was funny
Message 9 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/25/2007
Offline
123 posts
 

Re: Home Idea (Universal Clans) *Beta Testers*

Jun 18, 2007
Gotta admit I kinda like this idea.
 
I think you might be onto something... While rival clans may be an "arch-enemy", there is definitely a need to keep in touch with them and continue the competition across different games.  And the buddylist on the XMB might be a good way to know what your current clan mates are doing, Home could enrich the communication between you and your clan even more.
 
Is this something Sony needs to recognize and develop some functionality in Home?  I know it's difficult to keep in touch with rival clans on the PSN, but after Home is released couldn't your clan agree to meet in a particular room in Home?  Maybe someone's apartment?
 
Also, I heard somewhere that any room in Home can only support 64 avatars simultaneously.  There are a lot of clans with a population larger than 64.  I don't know if Home could be utilized to support a full clan meeting.
PSN: Man-Bear-Pig
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Message 10 of 10 (10 Views)
0 Likes