Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Re: Home Hide and Seek

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Ok, here's the deal. The pic was posted on Tuesday, and I guess they updated the space on Wednesday. It's a picture of the Acorn Park portal that was in Adventure District.

Let's just move on. Hinata, post a pic.

Maybe next time say something earlier so people arent needlessly wasting their time following the instructions to go visit all those spaces.  It's not as if that space JUST changed.  Maybe who ever is so-called hiding with a backdrop that is temporary, has to be responsible to check to see if it still exists.

And BEFORE they go aroudn telling people to go look at these spaces, they should go look for themselves first!  That alone would have saved everyone a lot more trouble, and avoided the last few posts.

Misleading indeed.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 651 of 670 (229 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

Take a few minutes to visit them, spaces do update.

Next time take a few seconds to check yourself and you would have known why no one was finding this.... and maybe think twice about using a promotional backdrop (especially for a holiday that has already passed) and posting it a few hours before the update - especially if you aren't going to go back after the update to make sure it is still there.

As you even said "spaces do update" so shouldnt you check to make sure it was still there after the update?!?!

Thanks for wasting all my time following your "tips and instructions".

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 652 of 670 (219 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Nov 10, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

Is it the Adventure District?

Correct.

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Ok, here's the deal. The pic was posted on Tuesday, and I guess they updated the space on Wednesday. It's a picture of the Acorn Park portal that was in Adventure District.

Incorrect.  I checked the space first thing Wednesday morning to make sure it was still there and it was, what I didn't account for was the maintenance on Thursday so yeah I screwed up on that part but I haven't been on Home much this past week.

D-Nitrate wrote:

Maybe next time say something earlier so people arent needlessly wasting their time following the instructions to go visit all those spaces.  It's not as if that space JUST changed.  Maybe who ever is so-called hiding with a backdrop that is temporary, has to be responsible to check to see if it still exists.

And BEFORE they go aroudn telling people to go look at these spaces, they should go look for themselves first!  That alone would have saved everyone a lot more trouble, and avoided the last few posts.

Misleading indeed.

D-Nitrate wrote:

bestscreenname wrote:

Take a few minutes to visit them, spaces do update.

Next time take a few seconds to check yourself and you would have known why no one was finding this.... and maybe think twice about using a promotional backdrop (especially for a holiday that has already passed) and posting it a few hours before the update - especially if you aren't going to go back after the update to make sure it is still there.

As you even said "spaces do update" so shouldnt you check to make sure it was still there after the update?!?!

Thanks for wasting all my time following your "tips and instructions".

As I said above, I checked after update day to make sure it was still there, it was so I thought it was good until the following Wednesday but there was a second maintenance on Thursday that completely slipped my mind and I wasn't around for it nor have I really been on Home since.  I didn't realize how big of a deal this was to you so my apologies for that.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 653 of 670 (203 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

I didn't realize how big of a deal this was to you so my apologies for that.

"This" as in this thread is definitely not a big deal to me - in fact the only time I ever participate is when this thread goes dormant due to someone not posting a pic or when no one seems to be able to find the location - like now.

However,  being mislead is a big deal, as is wasting my time.  Instead of YOU checking to see if it was still there, you had all of us looking for nothing.  And yes, the way I spend my time is a big deal to me.  You may think your time is worthless, but that doesn't mean our time is worthless.  After all, when it was so obvious after the last few days that no one was finding this, and even though I mentioned the Adventure park more than once, maybe that should have been a clue to you to go check it instead of telling me to go check it even though I already had.

No wonder very few people even participate in this thread any more.  It's largely become a game of hide'n'seek among just 5 or so people.  

"Like it never happened"

Message 654 of 670 (197 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Yes, ma'am. I'll do it soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 655 of 670 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

EDIT: Not worth it.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 656 of 670 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
13176 posts

Nov 11, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

LOL...I'm sure it was.....Smiley Tongue

Anywho. Wow Nitrate, this has to be your most childish rant to date. I didn't see anyone else crying about it when they guessed wrong.

I've seen posts in this thread that went beyond 8 guesses and no one cried foul.

The situation was explained and a apology given for the confusion, but that wasn't good enough for you, was it? You still had to get on your soapbox and ramble on. This is the kind of behavior that ruins an otherwise fun thread, and has the potential for getting it locked. Thanks.

Message 657 of 670 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

bestscreenname wrote:

LOL...I'm sure it was.....Smiley Tongue

Anywho. Wow Nitrate, this has to be your most childish rant to date. I didn't see anyone else crying about it when they guessed wrong.

I've seen posts in this thread that went beyond 8 guesses and no one cried foul.

The situation was explained and a apology given for the confusion, but that wasn't good enough for you, was it? You still had to get on your soapbox and ramble on. This is the kind of behavior that ruins an otherwise fun thread, and has the potential for getting it locked. Thanks.

It was neither childish nor was I crying about it, rather I would suggest the person saying their comment was worth it with a smiley tongue is the person truly acting like a child.... And the fact that you say that just exposes the kind of person you are and your true agenda.

As far as behavior that can lock a thread (like your post), it is you who is continuing the argument - what does that say of you?

Hmmmm...

I suggest you follow bestscreenname lead and learn to EDIT, and stay out of an argument you have no place in or one you claim you want to end, and stick to what you are good at, hiding and seeking.

"Like it never happened"

Message 658 of 670 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Everyone just STAHP. Let him admit his bad and move on so we can guess the next space.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 659 of 670 (117 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Nov 11, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Everyone just STAHP. Let him admit his bad and move on so we can guess the next space.

A reasonable response I can agree to.  Kudos.

"Like it never happened"

Message 660 of 670 (114 Views)
0 Likes