Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: Home Guide

May 16, 2013

Why not have less mvp and more guides.  Guides are so rare.  When I see one I actually stare at them in shock for a minute.  Do they still have that icon over their head? I vaguely remember seeing people in Home suits of some kind appearing in CP a couple times in 2009.   The only time I ever remember seeing a Home Guide on a consistent basis was when Conrad Max used to patrol Godfather place.  He did a good job but then people started abusing him which was kind of unsettling.  One time I saw two guides together in CP.  To tell you the truth it must take some courage to be a guide kind of like police in the ghetto.

Message 21 of 50 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 16, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
Me n Ed are on the same page here. You know what would have made the MVP program less resented IMHO? A set of minimum requirements..for me I would have liked to see true gamers up there first. MINIMUM 1k trophies and 10 plats. After all this is the playstation forum. Maybe a vast amount of kudos OR solved problems? That way people could say... Oh I understand why they were considered... what we have now is a mystery.. Some long time forumers past over while newbies get the spots.

Me personally I don't care. But it does bother me that when the program is questioned, people are chastised for what we who don't wear the red can very plainly see. It's a club... And all members fall in with each other. No exceptions.

I don't know all of the MVP's as there are a lot spread out over different specialties, but I do know most of the team Captains have the required experience as far as gaming and forum duties, our very own Home MVP Captains are awesome. I think we can all agree on that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 50 (252 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 16, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

I don't know all of the MVP's as there are a lot spread out over different specialties, but I do know most of the team Captains have the required experience as far as gaming and forum duties, our very own Home MVP Captains are awesome. I think we can all agree on that.

Since you brought it up. You can now see and understand how some forum users who are not nor have ever been a MVP/HCV (Old name) feel. it's different now that you see all the working going on behind the scenes yes? the HCVs had The Bat Cave (HCV forums, I miss that Cave.. ) and now you guys have the MVP forums where you plan and work on fostering the community. Again, All of you continue to keep in mind you are us. Gamers, Home users, PlayStation forum users. Serving the community as a whole.  Being understanding of the needs and concerns of the community will take you far in your endeavour to help others. Thanks for being you, MVPs.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 23 of 50 (225 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Why not have less mvp and more guides.  Guides are so rare.  When I see one I actually stare at them in shock for a minute.  Do they still have that icon over their head? I vaguely remember seeing people in Home suits of some kind appearing in CP a couple times in 2009.   The only time I ever remember seeing a Home Guide on a consistent basis was when Conrad Max used to patrol Godfather place.  He did a good job but then people started abusing him which was kind of unsettling.  One time I saw two guides together in CP.  To tell you the truth it must take some courage to be a guide kind of like police in the ghetto.

I'm not going to lie, as a new Guide I've been getting a lot of messages how shocked people are to see myself and many of the other newer Guides lately in Home and this really disappoints me that people are just starting to see us more often now. (My thoughts being what have some of the Guide "veterans" been doing before our recruitment?)

So I'm going to continue doing my Guide duties often and I know the other new recruits will as well and hope that after a while this issue with users being unfamiliar with us or not seeing us very often fades away.

Just some other information, you can find me and many of the other Guides at spaces like Acorn Meadows, Pier Park and the Hub encase you're curious and yes I will be wearing my Guide icon. Cat Happy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 50 (214 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

May 16, 2013

Thank you Jersquall.  

At least someone understood what I meant; and did not do to me, exactly what they were loosely insinuating I was doing.

I choose my words carefully, in every aspect of life.  I do as such to be better understood, and have it known exactly what I am saying and what it means.  I treat others with respect until they have deemed themselves unworthy of it.  This being said, I see no issues here, and have no quarrels with anyone.  I have a large range on those parameters, but not limitless.

As you have stated so eloquently before in this Thread; misunderstandings are abound when it comes to plain text and lack of voice to facilitate true intent.  I do my best with sentence structure and the like, but still, I can be misconstrued at times.

This is not a case of "teaming up" and certainly has nothing to do with "inflated status".  I only wished to clarify the direction of the MVP Program.  At last, it seems there is no winning this argument, so I withdraw from this conversation.

I am again glad,  at least you got it.Smiley Happy

Thanks again Jersquall.

Moble

Message 25 of 50 (209 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

Clarity of vision often begins in the mind, Moble. I enjoy your post's.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 26 of 50 (197 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

May 16, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

really?

ive seen more guides in Home in the past month than i have in the past 2 years.

Message 27 of 50 (196 Views)
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 16, 2013
Lego, how long did it take before you got a reply after submitting your app?
Live,Laugh,Love
Message 28 of 50 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 16, 2013

Summerbrezz wrote:
Lego, how long did it take before you got a reply after submitting your app?

Don't expect a quick reply hun. I would submit the application and they will at some point begin reviewing them again. 

Message 29 of 50 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 16, 2013
Ok Joanna thank you, I filled out most everything, but kept getting 250 max error, lol..so I shorten each part of info.. I attempted many times.. Finally I left them blank, except the info about my ID and how long I have been gaming, it finally went thru...

Thank you for replying back.. I really appreciate it Hun
Btw I enjoyed the swimwear for the months of the year, that was a great idea, the guys looked great😊
Now hers an idea how bout a Mr Miss or Mrs playstation home King and Queen.. I think that would be a great idea and have each event as a swimwear, sportswear and evening wear and make it creative.. It's just a thought I had 😉
Live,Laugh,Love
Message 30 of 50 (176 Views)
0 Likes