Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: Home Guide

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

Yes, you do. I never said all MVP's didn't, and I never said all MVP's were lazy. I simply said it's not like half of them have to do very much, which leaves the ones like you who do a lot out of the firing line.

I understand you feel a bit resentful about normals like me who you "feel" are attacking the MVP program, but aren't I entitled to my own feedback based on what I see? Be that here or anywhere else?

Just because I post here 99% doesn't mean I don't read the stuff in other forums or am clueless to the hardwork by MVP's in those forums and on PlayStation. Also, I really don't think redtags chest-thumping, kudo-volleying and waving flags is exactly helping people like myself get a better impression of the program. I remember yesterday making a post about demonstrating why MVP's are valuable instead of demonstrating that they feel valued (e.g. constant defensive comments, ganging up on critical non-MVP's instead of ignoring, reporting inflammatory remarks). I guess it got overlooked.

Again, I want to add my comment was at best snide and I feel rather disappointed that for the millionth time someone in your position is putting someone like me with a differing viewpoint in a corner and making me feel like I have to be the little mouse that could when all I did was say something that carried nowhere near as heavy the context as you made it out to have.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 11 of 50 (272 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 16, 2013
U can help out without having a title.

Hek, those who do now.. Dont do anything anyways. Nor have they ever. So ur much better off not being a follower.

Also, it doesnt take anything to become as one.. All it takes is some sort of knowledge on whatever subject. As if being in home required knowledge. And ofcourse to fill in the application.
Rest assure you'll be swimming with all the others in HOME who have not chosen but rather were handed out such titles. And theres ALOT!!!

Also, theres no such thing as a HOME MVP.
The program is still about guides. Though under a different but for lack of better word factitious title.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 12 of 50 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 16, 2013

Ed, Brit. I don't care to see awesome forum persons I actually like arguing over such things. You're both above that.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 13 of 50 (257 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 16, 2013
Yes it is unnecessary for sure. Sorry everyone has to see that.

The main thing is the OP got the info they needed. The topic probably doesn't have much more purpose now.

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 14 of 50 (250 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 16, 2013

Bah, No biggy honestly. We have seen way worse here. You two enjoy the rest of your day/night. Smiley Wink  

HomeStationMagazine
Message 15 of 50 (241 Views)
MVP Support
40519 posts

May 16, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

Yes, you do. I never said all MVP's didn't, and I never said all MVP's were lazy. I simply said it's not like half of them have to do very much, which leaves the ones like you who do a lot out of the firing line.

I understand you feel a bit resentful about normals like me who you "feel" are attacking the MVP program, but aren't I entitled to my own feedback based on what I see? Be that here or anywhere else?

So got to pick you up on this one, 'resentful of normal's like you', oh come, that was a low punch & you know it, what you don't know is very much about me so please don't pretend to know what I understand!

Just because I post here 99% doesn't mean I don't read the stuff in other forums or am clueless to the hardwork by MVP's in those forums and on PlayStation. Also, I really don't think redtags chest-thumping, kudo-volleying and waving flags is exactly helping people like myself get a better impression of the program. I remember yesterday making a post about demonstrating why MVP's are valuable instead of demonstrating that they feel valued (e.g. constant defensive comments, ganging up on critical non-MVP's instead of ignoring, reporting inflammatory remarks). I guess it got overlooked.

Possibly yes, if it was made here in the Home Forum then it is unlikely i would have seen it, I'm guilty myself of not frequenting these Forums as much as I used to & should now.

Again, I want to add my comment was at best snide and I feel rather disappointed that for the millionth time someone in your position is putting someone like me with a differing viewpoint in a corner and making me feel like I have to be the little mouse that could when all I did was say something that carried nowhere near as heavy the context as you made it out to have.

I was not 'putting you into a corner & making you feel like a mouse', assuming it remains within the guidelines you, along with everyone else who uses these Forums is feel to say whatver they want, I was merely trying to clarify what I saw as ambiguious comments on your part.

Jersquall is quite correct, this isn't the place for, nor will I be drawn into a protracted argument or discussuion so I will bow out.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 16 of 50 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

May 16, 2013

Well stated BRIT.  The best part of the MVP Program is the onus put on the Members.

Those who are in the Program were chosen for their... well you can read the FAQ.  Click my signature, and you can get all the info.

As I was saying though; it is upon MVPs themselves to; service the Community and live up to expectations Sony has for them.  It goes well beyond a simple Icon, name change and Colored Title.

All are welcome to apply, as it says.  Those accepting the responsibility must see it as such.  Not everything that is done, is out in the open for all to see.  The MVP Program now extends throughout and beyond the Forum.  

The main duties are laid here in the Forum, true.  Often the responsibilities require attention away from the daily interactions dealing with "what is your favorite pizza topping", or "where is your favorite HOME Section".

WE ALL, if not the VAST majority of us; do our best to continue to help and guide others in the Forum.  We are fellow Forum Members as well.  This is a Community we are a part of and it is great, IMHO.  We ALL work to better it, and, all things Sony.

Those of us who carry the torch of MVP, do so with pride and dignity.  We accept our responsibilities with anticipation and enthusiasm.

While I cannot account for all MVPs, I know a great deal of them, (and there are many, certainly much more than half), who put their hearts and souls into this Forum and Sony Gaming.

Again, well said BRIT.  As well, all are welcome to apply.Smiley Happy  Just follow the link in the Sig.

Your friendly neighborhood Moble.

Message 17 of 50 (213 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

Well guys, from this we have learned never to challenge the MVP program. If you do this is what happens.

In fact I wasn't even challenging it all I said was "At the moment it's not like half of them have to do very much." and the gang start beating chests, kudosing one another and putting my personal viewpoints (which weren't even discussed!) into needless controversy.

So what have we learned? Yes, never challenge the MVP program. Never challenge why someone who is held to a higher standard starts posting in a fashion that is more like stooping to someone else's level. Never claim to feel victimized by this either as you'll be told you have no right to feel that way and the continuing gang mentality is more than justified to be rained down upon you.

I won't be posting any more in this topic. The topic has been answered and I think the above speaks for itself. It really doesn't need a gang of MVP's backing each other up against 1 user's comments to prove their worth or entitlement. Sony picked you because they felt you were worth picking, so start acting like it instead of constantly feeling the need to beat that opinion into others. For the majority of otherwise good members that were picked and worked hard to be picked, it does not set a good example and using the "anti MVP rhetoric" to drum up support does little to resolve an already needless and puerile conflict. Goodbye.

P.S. mobile is indeed right that all are welcome to apply so Summer if you feel up to it, then apply!

@conrad_max

Message 18 of 50 (190 Views)
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 16, 2013
Thank you so much Joanna .
Have a wonderful Day Smiley Happy
Live,Laugh,Love
Message 19 of 50 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 16, 2013
Me n Ed are on the same page here. You know what would have made the MVP program less resented IMHO? A set of minimum requirements..for me I would have liked to see true gamers up there first. MINIMUM 1k trophies and 10 plats. After all this is the playstation forum. Maybe a vast amount of kudos OR solved problems? That way people could say... Oh I understand why they were considered... what we have now is a mystery.. Some long time forumers past over while newbies get the spots.

Me personally I don't care. But it does bother me that when the program is questioned, people are chastised for what we who don't wear the red can very plainly see. It's a club... And all members fall in with each other. No exceptions.
Message 20 of 50 (147 Views)
0 Likes