VP of Gaming
28386 posts

Re: Home Goodwill store! Good Idea?

Aug 29, 2013

I see SCEA/SCE and their partners losing revenue. I see someone finding a glitch where they can duplicate the item. 

But that's me. I don't think it's a good idea. But good luck with it.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 11 of 34 (235 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Spoiler
Its a hypothetical question of course it won't happen. I just think its a cool concept. I'm not suggesting Sony has it implemented just asking what would you get rid of if you could?  Thanks to all who play along Smiley Wink 
Message 12 of 34 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Aug 29, 2013

YogoGamer wrote:
Personally, I think its a great idea, Although I don't think Sony would do this

Possibly because Sony wouldn't get a profit out of it.

It's a great idea, and I'm sure majority of us have clothes we wish we could give away.

But the idea of it likely happening, no.

Message 13 of 34 (222 Views)
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Aug 29, 2013
I could see this possibly going over with paid content. Paying money for the same item twice but obviously not full price, that's why I think Sony would never go for it. As far as the free stuff, it takes away from the home experience when you dot have to actually play to get the rewards.
nelsig
Message 14 of 34 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Aug 29, 2013

GM0530 wrote:

Wouldn't it be a great idea if Home had a Goodwill store? We could donate the clothes we don't want anymore and people who don't have money could get some cool free stuff. I know I have at least a couple million tshirts i'd love to get rid of.  lol  What would you donate?

Reminds me of this thread.

That was fun.

Message 15 of 34 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Won't ever happen. Smiley Very Happy

YB

Message 16 of 34 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Aug 29, 2013

I'd looooove that. Everyone's talking about giving but I'd totally be there graciously accepting all the good donations. xD I also have some terrible things I'd donate...not even just bad reward t-shirts either, I have some regrettable purchases that I just stare at and go 'why' and never use it.

Maybe if there was some incentive in return for donating though...like...donation rewards or something. I don't know. Too much thought into a system that'll never be implemented cause moneeeeyyyy.

Message 17 of 34 (131 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 29, 2013

They do have gifting and trading in Final Fantasy XIV. It's actally pretty neat the way they do it. You can trade in person or mail someone an item from your inventory. I doubt that would ever happen in Home however.

Message 18 of 34 (128 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Been wanting the ability to gift from any part of my belongings for a very long time now,Have enough for 6 folks,would love to share mine from ALL depts..lol...Great idea and i hope 1 day it happens for those of us who would like it....Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 19 of 34 (115 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Aug 29, 2013

GM0530 wrote:

Wouldn't it be a great idea if Home had a Goodwill store? We could donate the clothes we don't want anymore and people who don't have money could get some cool free stuff. I know I have at least a couple million tshirts i'd love to get rid of.  lol  What would you donate?

I foresee two problems with this.  One, that the vast majority of things people will donate are t-shirts that most people already have, and two, that there will be people that will download everything available regardless if they really want it or not.

It's a pleasant idea; to be able to donate things you don't want to people that want it, but that's just not what will happen.  What will happen is people will just hoard everything they can for themselves.  Not everyone, but enough that will ruin this.

Message 20 of 34 (112 Views)