Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Re: Home Genders

Apr 15, 2011

TucoMcFly wrote:

I dont see the diff, its a game. Nobody looks like their avatar,you can try to model it after yourself but who gets it perfect? The visaual perception only seems to apply to gender and race. Its natural to assume that if you see a female avatar it might be a female in real life or maybe its not. Idk why people are so shocked to find out the avatar theyve been speaking too isnt what they thought. Its common knowledge this stuff goes on. If i see someone in army clothes or some kinda warlock outfit I dont assume that persons actually a warlock in real life. Unless your there to try to pick up on people i dont see it as a problem, esp if the people are honest about it. If theyre misleading you about over a long period of time than i can understand someones issue with it.

Its a game the words are real and thats all. People insult other people based on their avatars clothes or the way they made the face like this is how the person looks and dresses in real life. I think its naive to think that the virtual person in front of you is what the actual user looks like in real life. You think all those guys running around with out shirts are all mucled in real life? Theres no Fat avatars on home unless its for joke purposes.

So I should assume every home user is skinny and fit? Im a guy and ive been a girl and it dosent bother me to be a girl avatar and no im not gay for doing that. I dont wear womens clothes in real life or have an attraction to men. Yet thats how its percived. I dont make any secret of my gender be it as a guy{of course no one cares about gender if your a guy unless....} or girl avatar{the only time people care if your actually a guy for real}.

Frankly being a girl avatar blows so many people talk to you and not in a good way,yet when your a guy everyone ignores you. The ones who have a real problem with it are usually the ones who spend 5 mins hitting on guy using a girl avatar in a very 1 way conversation that usually ends with homophobic slurs. Ive seen my guy friends as femal avatars state numerous times to people that they are male and the person still hits on them than when they pop in theeir wardrobe and reappear a male they are called names.

It's a Virtual Social Network, just so you know.

http://twilighttouchinc.com

NuJin Trophy Card

Message 91 of 109 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

May 21, 2011

who cares its virtual i'll do what i want LOL

Message 92 of 109 (43 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

May 21, 2011

introspect13 wrote:

I disagree with you Nujin, I took copious time to make my avatar resemble me. I have dark hair and eyes am 5'11 and cos-play Chun-li in reality, though I'm not a 36 C like every other female avatar it's pretty accurate. And the ones who get most upset with the drag-boys are they themselves for stealing eachothers thunder. They sure do love the attention their farce provides them and mommy didn't thought that most are still in her house I'm not sure how that is possible, when you get a drag-boys potential polygonal attention well distracted from them, they turn into little cross-dressing spitfires LOL

Disagree with me on what?

o.o That options are made available to those who wish to resemble themselves? or what I stated about Home is a virtual social network, which Sony even stated it is? D:

And Lol I'm quite taller than what I can really say, honestly. =\

http://twilighttouchinc.com

NuJin Trophy Card

Message 93 of 109 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

May 21, 2011

Just a guess, but from introspect13's response (and add in only her 6th post), I think she was reading TucoMcFly's response that you quoted as your own reply.

Message 94 of 109 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
751 posts

May 21, 2011

I mean gender doesn't really matter to me. The first time I meet someone in Home I don't just ask "Are you a male or female?" I mean it is just something I really don't care about. As long as they are nice and good people then I have no problem with what gender they are.

Message 95 of 109 (43 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

May 21, 2011

Live and let live.

Enjoy the company, soak up the surroundings and have fun with the games.

I would hope people are on here for the entertainment.

Message 96 of 109 (43 Views)
Wastelander
807 posts

May 21, 2011

If somebody is worried about whether a "virtual" character is a fraud, you need to get out more.

Most of the people you meet in life are FOS, why would a virtual world be any different?

Now If you will excuse me, the 3 Billy Goats Gruff are talking mad shiz about walking over my bridge
Message 97 of 109 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

May 21, 2011

It doesn't matter to me whether it's a girl or a guy behind an avatar, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they seem cool I'm happy to strike up a converstation and add them as a friend.

Even if they turn out to be a fraud or some sort of deviant, it's not like there's anything you can do to interact with other avatars physically, not even a handshake. Plus the tools to block them are right there.

Message 98 of 109 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

May 21, 2011

I really don't care about the gender of avatars on Home, since I have an avatar of each gender.  If you are a friendly person, we play similar games, and are cool to hang around with, I'll be your friend.

Denjin Hadoken

http://www.youtube.com/user/shoryuken1979

http://www.twitch.tv/shoryuken1979
Message 99 of 109 (43 Views)
Fender Bender
3644 posts

May 22, 2011

Im probibly gona get my face chewed off for this one, yet I have always been opinionated about this.

To some it might not matter... and to the folks who saw its just a game your wrong... a social network is not just a game... remember people, the other person at the controler on the other side of all those wires is a real person...

With that said...

I can't force people to pertray themselves realistically in HOME, yet if people did it might be a more pleasent place, and thats just a personal thought, yet something like that would almost be impossibe to test.

I dislike fake avitars... and some might not take pride in thiers yet I always have... I look like my Avitar, or I should say my Avitar looks like me. Right down to most of the outfits I wear, except when it is costume partys or something...

I do this because I am not a fake... *cough, Cough* like some *Cough cough*

Pretending that you are a female when your not is deceving... same for females pretending to be male... However I do understand it more when its a female pretending to be male only because of the overwhelming crap females have had to put up with in HOME, and no Im not a Feminest, just to answer the question in advance.

So to actually answer the original question, Yes Gender in HOME does matter to me, but not in a bias way. I don't not talk to someone based on thier Gender, yet If I think some one is female and I find out they are male, I will most likely not talk to them again in the future, and vice versa with a some one who I think is Male who I find out is Female... It simply comes down to Honesty... and if they cant be honest about something as simple as that, I honestly dont want to associate with them...

If you look at a picture of me and then look at my avitar, they are as alike as I can get them, right down to the atire that my avitar wears. (and it would be even more so if HOME put some Black Chucks out that are not friken stilleto heals) I am Happy with who I am, and that reflects in my avitar, its sad that others can not be the same way sometimes... its hard enough finding people in HOME that are not fakes and want to dress like trash, (seeing that HOME promotes Trashy sexist outfits sometimes) its even harder to Make good friends in HOME that are truely friends... Isnt that why HOME was made in the first place, so people could find other people who Share thier gaming intrests? Yes Yes I know HOME was also made for Devs to promote games and what not, yet having a virtual world to Lauch into games from in a Humanish form was too good to pass up.

To answer your Second question... for the most part, I do care if a person is 18 or older... I say this because most of the games I play are not intended for Children... I wouldnt wnat my child playing MAG or RE5... and I have from experiance seen that most under 18 are annoying, ignorant, and of course Childish. I would love to have an 18 and up Server... Yet we all know Fakes would lie and there would be 13 and 14 year olds on that too...

Also a note that I have met a few that are under 18 that are cool and fun to game with, yet that is a very small number in comparison to the masses that I have met...

I am only one person and my oppinion is not that inportant, yet it is mine and that is something I can take pride in... Just Like my realistic and un provocative Avitar...

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 100 of 109 (44 Views)
0 Likes