Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Home Forum front page

Mar 1, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

myalana wrote:

Hey maybe this is a beta!

Then we get to test it out. Give feedback and junk.

I took what you said up there and moved some things about.

ForumTestMya.png

That is better, yes. I think the report option is best left near the bottom as well, but the placement of the like and reply icons are improvements. Now if we could get a correct time and a message number, that would be wonderful.

Message 21 of 28 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Mar 1, 2014
Android no.
 photo 90years_zps08bfda1e.png
Message 22 of 28 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Mar 1, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
I will post this here for the record for those who dont yet know. With the update you can now post pictures using your PS3 internet browser. So people on mobile, that means you Smiley Happy

This is an interesting point, and one I experimented with a bit this week. I was able to upload pictures that I had taken from my built-in Home camera, into my photos on the forums, from the PS3 browser. However, the image thumbnail was very distorted, almost like a negative. You can go to my photos here and see what I mean.

I gave up trying to post them into a thread from my PS3 (because of alignment issues, inability to move easily between areas of text and pictures, and the system simply freezing up) and instead switched over and tried to post them from the PS4. I seem to have a smoother/faster browser experience on the PS4, however there are a lot of functions that simply don't work on it. One of which appears to be the posting of pictures on these forums.

Cut to today: I get to a computer, and while the picture thumbnails still appear distorted, when I post pictures I've uploaded to the forums from my PS3, in FULL SIZE they appear normal. I emphasis FULL SIZE because I thought they were too big, deleted one and tried to post it at a smaller size and it appeared distorted the same way the thumbnail does. Just thought I'd add my recent experiments to the discussion.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 28 (174 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Julian, Throw a couple of test pics up here. Show us how they look. Discriptions as to what you mean above or below pic if you have the time.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 24 of 28 (170 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Mar 1, 2014
Aww Matisse-san you have broken the code of the age old reversed negative photo forum issue.
Kudos to you for discovering posting in FULL SIZE is the key to posting correctly.

Once upon a time we used to be able to post pics from the PS3 browser until an update actually removed that possibility. I remember seeing back then many negative colored pics and had it happen to me as well in the past when trying to post.

Now that the function is back I noticed the same as you.
Silly about the PS4 broswer not allowing you to upload pictures eh?
Its only the offical Playstation forum!
Support Forums
Message 25 of 28 (166 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

Julian, Throw a couple of test pics up here. Show us how they look. Discriptions as to what you mean above or below pic if you have the time.

Okay, here goes:

Image inserted <small size>

Image inserted <medium size>

Image inserted <Large Size>

Same image same source file inserted <Full Size>

The thumbnails in my photos look the same as the first three images. Picture taken with built-in Home camera and uploaded from PS3 HDD, on these forums, from the PS3 browser. Hope that clears things up for you, it's still baffling to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 28 (161 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Mhmm, Yeah, I see what you guys were talking about. yup. Yuk.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 27 of 28 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Mar 2, 2014
The mobile version needs a report post button.
Message 28 of 28 (115 Views)