Dec 27 2010
By: GenomeGirl_33 Wastelander 609 posts

Home Events Run by a third party (give ur opinion)

10 replies 8 views Edited Dec 27, 2009
Im sure most of you who have been around 4 a wile have noticed the decline of events in home most recently w this confusing & some what aggravating tree. As most of you kno there was a winter wonderland space in euro 4 Xmas. However this space & its events wer made by Euro's main 3rd party contact (like jps IREM, & our OUTSO/Lockwood). Sorry the name of there company evades my mind. Neway, w the recent surge of OUTSO brand clothing & some of our best spaces ever, ie. Uncharted2, InFamous, Resistance2 & there latest masterpiece Sodium1, do you guys think it would be better 4 home to have future events run/designed by these companies. It doesnt evn have to be outso. It could be Loot or N'dreams. Give ur opinions. Thnx Happy Home New Year (Fingers Crossed)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Re: Home Events Run by a third party (give ur opinion)

Dec 27, 2009
I think so. In most cases it seems to me that they aren't capable of doing it themselves. 
Message 2 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Dec 27, 2009
We can only wait.  I'm sure if any of them do something for the NA Home, it'll be something good.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 27, 2009
Im all in for this.
Message 4 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29379 posts

Dec 27, 2009

Let's see. How much would it cost SCE/SCEA to have a third party hold the event? How much would it cost us? And will the third party be on hand to to respond quickly enough if there is an error in their programming as SCEA did this past couple of weeks? And what about the personal touch? Will we lose that because of outsiders creating an event?

Don't bother answering if you do not have the answer.

I've got a question for the habitual complainers of the NA Home. Why are you still using this Home and not making another region's Home your default Home? Why do you keep returning here if other region's Homes are so much better? If I was a civilian, and I did not like my job and had just as much to complain about it as you do the NA Home, I would look for another job and quit my current one because I cannot be forced to keep working for something that is not satisfying my self-worth and goals and ambitions. If I knew of a better job somewhere else, I would go for it.

So why are you still here? Is it because of your friends? I never kept a job I didn't like because of my friends. I never played a game I didn't like because of my friends. I would take the new job and still keep my friends. You can do that too, can't you?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 11 (8 Views)
Wastelander
609 posts

Dec 27, 2009
Wow that was a mouthful, this post wasnt meant to be offencive, but u just had 2 take it there. Y havnt i left home 4 another region? Idk, but y do the LA clippers still have fans or the OAK raiders, or ne1 that still watches hockey. Cuz this is my team. If euro can pull this off then we definitely could, We make more money & have bigger community. I am mearly stating facts that could potentially improve our home events & experience. The fact that you greet my post w such hostility means that you are not interested in improving home & would rather see it as it is now. U are counter productive & worse off telling home users to go & spend there money to help other regions instead of ours. Heres a question. Y do u still post here if u are so sick of the complainers? Go post on Euro. To every1 else Happy New Years
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29379 posts

Dec 27, 2009

GenomeGirl_33 wrote:
U are counter productive & worse off telling home users to go & spend there money to help other regions instead of ours.

I wasn't being hostile. As a matter of fact, the first part of my post was in response to your topic. The second part were general questions directed towards no one in particular.

I do want Home to grow and I want the community to grow with it. I have no interest in other regions and I would rather have people stay here if they can be happy with it. The point of the second part of my post is: If everything is so good on the otherside of the boarder, why stay here and be miserable? Hardly asking people to leave.

Again, my response to you original post is in the first part of my first post. The second part of my post was pretty much off topic and was not meant to detract from your discussion. Actually, your post was a pretty nice post which I happen to disagree with. That's all.

Message 7 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Dec 27, 2009
XI was the best thing in home to me, sodium 1 is quite addicting as well. I think the 3rd parties are doing a great job, now if sony would just work as hard at their events home would be 10X better.
Message 8 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
515 posts

Dec 27, 2009
if not a third party, how about a new management team for NA home?
Message 9 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29379 posts

Dec 27, 2009

Gray-Eagle wrote:
if not a third party, how about a new management team for NA home?

Do you know and understand what the Management Team's job is? What their duties are each and every work day?

Message 10 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes