Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Re: Home Events Calendar

Oct 11, 2011

Thanks anamri! I think the link in the BCAM thread should be fixed now, but since I don't have a Facebook account, I can't check. LOL...now I get Facebook's sign-in page instead of "Oops! Did you facebook.com?" so that's a good sign, right?

Also, PSYCHO_180 posted this event in the BCAM thread a little while ago; I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you listed it here too!

PSYCHO_180 wrote:

The Playstation Home Movement is Having our 3rd Flash Mob to Support BREAST CANCER AWARNESS MONTH, We invite everyone to come out and show their support.

WHERE: SINGSTAR

WHEN: SATURDAY 15TH 2011

TIME: 8PM EASTERN TIME

ATTIRE: WEAR ALL YOUR PINK OR CLOSEST COLOR

DURATION: 8PM TO ??

ADD PSYCHO_180 OR MANIACAL_QUEEN

see you guys out there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 80 of 340 (583 Views)
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Oct 11, 2011

StephieRawks wrote:

Thanks anamri! I think the link in the BCAM thread should be fixed now, but since I don't have a Facebook account, I can't check. LOL...now I get Facebook's sign-in page instead of "Oops! Did you facebook.com?" so that's a good sign, right?

Also, PSYCHO_180 posted this event in the BCAM thread a little while ago; I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you listed it here too!

PSYCHO_180 wrote:

The Playstation Home Movement is Having our 3rd Flash Mob to Support BREAST CANCER AWARNESS MONTH, We invite everyone to come out and show their support.

WHERE: SINGSTAR

WHEN: SATURDAY 15TH 2011

TIME: 8PM EASTERN TIME

ATTIRE: WEAR ALL YOUR PINK OR CLOSEST COLOR

DURATION: 8PM TO ??

ADD PSYCHO_180 OR MANIACAL_QUEEN

see you guys out there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Added the event, thanks!  And, yep, the link in your thread works fine now.

Message 81 of 340 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Oct 11, 2011

Patchex (and everyone else), here is a list of a few accounts to follow on Twitter, pages to "Like" on Facebook or TV shows to check-in to on GetGlue that will benefit breast-cancer related charities that I mentioned earlier. If I find any more, I'll update it in the BCAM thread

(BTW, to make it easy for everyone, each of these is perfectly sized and formatted to be copied and pasted directly to Twitter!)

For every new follower during #BCAM, @Playboy will donate $0.10 to @komenla's Race for the Cure team, #Bunnies4theCure, up to $10,000!

For every Facebook "Like" during #BCAM, Ford @WarriorsinPink will donate $1 to @komenforthecure! http://www.facebook.com/FordWarriorsinPink

For every new Facebook "Like" during #BCAM, @FlashFrozenFoto will donate $1 to @komenla!  https://www.facebook.com/FlashFrozenPhotography

For every Facebook "Like" during #BCAM, @mykuyam will donate $0.10 to @komenla! https://www.facebook.com/mykuyam

For every @GetGlue check-in to @TheEllenShow during #BCAM, Michael's will donate $1 to @komenforthecure, up to $20,000! http://getglue.com/stickers/warner_bros_tv/breast_cancer_awareness_month_on_ellen

Message 82 of 340 (583 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Oct 11, 2011

Patchex wrote:

Very Very Nice Miss Stephie!!! I like this event listing very much...

Sadly I do not have a dolphie so I can not participate in that particular event... Yet Great Idea with the Bows, if you don't mind, I would like to attend though, I can come watch a race or two.

As for the Fold A thon, Great Idea... I am already on a Team for Unity... Yet I will Join you guys and gals for the Fold a Thon... and Get the word out on that... I know there are quite a few HOME goers that Have Folding teams that could use the Down time just for that! I will try to make a Post in the Unity Thread or as one of the other members to link that in our infos.

And the Breast Cancer Walk this year is a Great thing... I was at last years on HOME and I think I met Nujin a few times... Great work you all... this will give me a reason to buy the Items I do not own yet from the Save the Ta tas store... I only bought a few last year, and Ill buy the rest, plus next year I can buy the Box set... or maybe the Devs will come up with a few new items Next year so we can continue to give to the Cause... Here is a Video From Last year...

Also that News about the Likes on the Face book is amazing, I will tell my friends and Family on Face book to do so!!! That is very Nice of FORD to do that and it will be appreciated!!! Great Job!!! I am always surprised by how awesome some of the People in HOME can be, some really do care... Keep up the great work...

I would like to join the Ford Event as well... I have my Ford shirt already as well... and if you all dont have capture devices... I would like to help by capturing the events for you guys and Gals... let me know...

Photobucket

Thanks Patchex! Looking forward to seeing you at the Ford Warriors in Pink and the 2nd Annual Breast Cancer Walk! I wasn't able to attend last year's walk, but will definitely try to attend this year. From the video you posted, it looks like it was a great event, and that song was PERFECT for it! Thank you so much for offering to video the events; if you're up for it, it would be very much appreciated!

About the Save the Ta-tas items and the possibility of more next year, I've listed contact info of many of Home's top content developers in the BCAM thread. I've contacted several of them personally, but if lots of us do it, they'll be more likely to listen!

As far as Folding@Home goes, I don't mind at all which team people fold on; as long as they do fold, I'm happy! I mainly just created the new team for users new to Folding@Home, since having a team leaderboard seems to encourage people to fold a little more. Would love to have UNITY's support! All teams and individual users are welcome to participate in the Thursday Morning Fold-a-thons! Folding any other time is great too...I'm folding right now!

Ford's donations-per-Like are pretty awesome. After finding about that, I also found a few other accounts that are making BCA donations for every Facebook Like or Twitter Follower. I'll try to compile a list and post it in the BCAM thread soon!

Message 83 of 340 (583 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Oct 11, 2011

The Playstation Movement Meet and Greet

WHEN: FRIDAY 14TH 2011

TIME: 8PM EASTERN

PLACE: PS HOME MOVEMENT CLUBHOUSE

We be meeting to talk bout events share ideas and concerns, as well meet new people that have become members.

Message 84 of 340 (583 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Oct 11, 2011

anamri wrote:

Poorplayer, could you please give me a time for your event?  Also, if you have a thread just for this event, the link to it?

Thank you,

Ana

poorplayer102 wrote:

please add: Scary Costume Party october 19th

• RSVP with a photo of a costume, doesnt have to be the one you use for the party, best looking costumes get in
  • the party will be held in my dragon's lair apartment (fully decorated)
  • the elevated skull chair is off limits (host chair and the stupid active item limit) but pumpkin chairs will be there, just not elevated
  • it is unrated meaning anything can be talked about and anything can be done within PSH's capabilities
  • there will be games
  • person with the best costume voted (cannot vote for self) will get their photo taken and posted on ever playstation home related site i know and i will add special effects if they want (lighting, fire, etc)
  • also winner will have a 15 second youtube video put on youtube if they want of their costume and can do what they want during that 15 seconds on camera
  • party may be reschedualed if real life interviens
  • note to all guests "Rating Pending" "chance of: severe mature content including partial nudity (cleavage for example), inappropiate language, bloodless violence (doing the rock dance to punch someone in the head), drug and alcohal references and 100% changes of an awesome time!"
Disco Diva

the time will be from 6pm to 6am the next day a full 12h or until all guests choose to leave. there isnt a thread for it, i was just posting details on this thread for people looking for events ^^ and requesting the party to be added to the calender

Message 85 of 340 (583 Views)
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Oct 12, 2011

Thanks for all the info, Poorplayer & Psycho!

Calendar Updated!

Message 86 of 340 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Oct 14, 2011

StephieRawks wrote:

Patchex (and everyone else), here is a list of a few accounts to follow on Twitter, pages to "Like" on Facebook or TV shows to check-in to on GetGlue that will benefit breast-cancer related charities that I mentioned earlier. If I find any more, I'll update it in the BCAM thread

(BTW, to make it easy for everyone, each of these is perfectly sized and formatted to be copied and pasted directly to Twitter!)

For every new follower during #BCAM, @Playboy will donate $0.10 to @komenla's Race for the Cure team, #Bunnies4theCure, up to $10,000!

For every Facebook "Like" during #BCAM, Ford @WarriorsinPink will donate $1 to @komenforthecure! http://www.facebook.com/FordWarriorsinPink

For every new Facebook "Like" during #BCAM, @FlashFrozenFoto will donate $1 to @komenla!  https://www.facebook.com/FlashFrozenPhotography

For every Facebook "Like" during #BCAM, @mykuyam will donate $0.10 to @komenla! https://www.facebook.com/mykuyam

For every @GetGlue check-in to @TheEllenShow during #BCAM, Michael's will donate $1 to @komenforthecure, up to $20,000! http://getglue.com/stickers/warner_bros_tv/breast_cancer_awareness_month_on_ellen

Thank you So much for the Links...

Whats the @ playboy thing? Is that Playboy as in the Magazine of woman who show off thier bodys? O_o and is Bunnys for a cure a twitter thing? So the Twitter things we just need to tweet? can we tweet more then once a day? For say the Ellen and Getglue one?

I will be clicking like on all the facebook things right now...

Photobucket
Message 87 of 340 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Oct 14, 2011

Hi Anamri, We're into our second month of Welcoming Committee Events and we're really getting them down to the point where we can answer pretty much any question the people we meet have.

We'd like to move the Thursday Meet and Greet to Wednesdays since it will be easier on people's schedules with Thursday updates.

Here are the details:

• day and time of the event. Every Wednesday, (9 PM EST)
  • Home Welcoming Committee
  • Meet up at Namco Theater, or join us later in a public space
  • the link to more information or the post about your event

Event info: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3891449?tstart=0

Thanks!

Message 88 of 340 (582 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Oct 16, 2011

HEY ANMIRI,

new event: THE PLAYSTATION HOME MOVEMENT - ZOMBIE TAKEOVER