Apr 12 2007
By: The-Hypnotist~ First Son 3 posts

Home Disscussion Questions

4 replies 5 views Edited Apr 12, 2007
Will explict adult images and videos oversaturate homes (pictures, videos, wallpapers)? Will you "exploit" your home? Will soccer moms sue when their 14 year old son walks into one of these homes?

Will the RIAA and the MPAA get upset when people upload too many things in their home?

How many pieces of furniture do you think we'll be getting?

How frequent do you think Home will get freee updates?

How much do you think Sony will charge for the premium updates?

I'll be thinking of my responses before I post them, until then I look forward to your thoughts.
Message 1 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19276 posts

Re: Home Disscussion Questions

Apr 12, 2007
all good questions and the answer is yes
click for candy
Message 2 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 12, 2007
A lot of those questions you can't answer with a yes. HAHAHA
Message 3 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Apr 12, 2007
all your questions have been answered in previous threads do a search before posting questions next time

RIAA and MPAA will not care because you can't transfer files to other systems through Home... only show files/play files to those who are currently in your Home (and they can't record it)

• Q. How will sharing media work within the private space? Will users be able to distribute content? (www.scedev.net)

Users will not be able to broadcast their media to people outside their private space, but they will be able to show their own media to invited guests. We have deliberately chosen not to allow users to 'give' media to other users as this opens up serious risks of piracy and sharing of illegal content.

Adult Images - only in private spaces which will only be allowed to enter through explict permission - that is parents have to agree to them entering . If the parents don't act as watch dog in private spaces Sony can not be held liable

• Q: How will I protect my kids from seeing things they shouldn’t? (www.scedev.net)

Parental controls are available through PS3 and the PLAYSTATION Network. We encourage parents to take an active role in participating any time a child has access to an open communication network, such as the internet.

• Q: How will the age restrictions work? Will I be able to see different content in the generic lobby depending on my age?

Home employs the same age restriction policies as the PS3 system software and the PLAYSTATION Network. These age restrictions will apply to both the areas that users are admitted to and the content that they are able to view.

• Potential Threat
  • Sexual Predator
  • Home relationships

Pieces of Furniture - no idea (and this is answered in many places)

Updates for home are set to be on a regular basis - as to the frequency and size not even Sony can tell you- a feature is ready when it is ready not before.

• Q: How often will the content in Home change? (www.scedev.net)

Ultimately content in Home will be updated weekly. All the participants in Home (the service itself, 1st Party and 3rd Party publishers, non-game brands and ultimately users themselves) will be creating new content, so the flow of new features will be will on a weekly basis.

No ideas yet on charges for premium items
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 4 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Apr 12, 2007
OK here's what I think...

Will explict adult images and videos oversaturate homes (pictures, videos, wallpapers)? Will you "exploit" your home? Will soccer moms sue when their 14 year old son walks into one of these homes?

Well yeah, inappropriate content will dominate Home, we will be invited into houses will all kinds, **bleep** or straight amd some of us will except it ,some won't. There's no way sony can monitor all private homes, so it's here to stay (but only in private homes). As for the soccer moms... moms will complain, however they won't get anywhere with it, Sony just has too much power.

Will the RIAA and the MPAA get upset when people upload too many things in their home?

Of course they'll get upset and yes I could see them possibly doing something about it, maybe like you can only play 1 minitue of a song eventuall, seriously the last people you wanna mess with are the RIAA.

How many pieces of furniture do you think we'll be getting?

This is very difficult to predict, at least 100. Maybe 10-15 floor options, 20 paint colors, it's just mindless speculation though.,

How frequent do you think Home will get freee updates?

I see two to 5 items every weak or so, but very minor changes frequently.

How much do you think Sony will charge for the premium updates?

Hmm... maybe a quarter for a new shirt, 10-20 bucks for a nice house, again, it's hard to predict.

Message Edited by Sir_Crono on 04-12-2007 02:12 AM
Message 5 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes