Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Re: Home Digital Platforms Should go all nostalgic..

Dec 20, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

oldcatsrock wrote:
Thank you bro.
I sure hope your thread, produces something in their minds. The new concept, looked great. When we all checked it out for the 1st time. Hind sight we did not see how this would effect the community. Yes I have to say, the community is lost. With the new arrangement.

Glad to see yer still here man !!

Agreed man, Hub was nice but never hit it's intended gamer audience on the then PSN. The Central Plaza had trolls but it was also the main place that for whatever reason was the heart of Home.

Enjoy your weekend dude. Miss you guys. #HCV/MVP

I have a theory on why Central Plaza was the heart of Home. First time players used to start their Home experience in the Harbour Studio and the Central Plaza was kind of set up as being right outside your apartment building. It was natural to want to hang out there because it was your local neighborhood, at least it felt that way for me.

The Hub is ok but its kind of like Grand Central Terminal. People only hang around train stations while they are waiting on the next train. Most folks are just passing through on their way to someplace else. That's why the Hub doesn't have the same draw as the Central Plaza. 

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 31 of 46 (346 Views)
Survivor
2394 posts

Dec 20, 2013

It would be cool if they did something like that.  Maybe they could even use the Activity Board again giving out a quest to visit all the old spaces, and then awarding the player the old default private space (Harbour Studio with the mountains).

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 32 of 46 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Dec 20, 2013

goodSuM wrote:

It would be cool if they did something like that.  Maybe they could even use the Activity Board again giving out a quest to visit all the old spaces, and then awarding the player the old default private space (Harbour Studio with the mountains).

Quest as well. I like that also.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 33 of 46 (318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 20, 2013

it would be awesome to see the old uncharted space Smiley Happy

olduncharted.jpg

Message 34 of 46 (290 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Dec 20, 2013

xX-BlackSide-Xx wrote:

it would be awesome to see the old uncharted space Smiley Happy

Old and maybe a updated one as well.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 35 of 46 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2672 posts

Dec 20, 2013

Build a time machine and sell tickets that would allow us to take trips to different spaces from the past which would vary from week to week (or month to month).

Or sell a time machine.

Or sell a real fast car that would transport us to the past and better yet to the future. But that would never work, would it? 

I liked the old theatre, the one with theatre rooms on either side with a balcony upstairs and a small kiosk store. I don't bother with the new theatre main room anymore at all.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 36 of 46 (276 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1108 posts

Dec 21, 2013

1. Central Plaza

2. Old Mall

3. Sully's Bar

4. Resident Evil 5 space

Message 37 of 46 (259 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Dec 21, 2013

I want a option to use PSP as your PDA instead of regular tablet

The present (before that changed happend)

http://thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ps3-playstation-home-screenshot-bidb-club.jpg

If so...imagen if we get to replace the same old tablets with different tablets (something like colors, decorations and even models)

i would like to get to use PlayStation Vita just to show off. hehe

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 38 of 46 (256 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Dec 21, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

Build a time machine and sell tickets that would allow us to take trips to different spaces from the past which would vary from week to week (or month to month).

Or sell a time machine.

Or sell a real fast car that would transport us to the past and better yet to the future. But that would never work, would it? 

I liked the old theatre, the one with theatre rooms on either side with a balcony upstairs and a small kiosk store. I don't bother with the new theatre main room anymore at all.

Probably important that some money is spent to cover the cost yup. But, only at old school prices Smiley Tongue

HomeStationMagazine
Message 39 of 46 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
73 posts

Re: Home Digital Platforms Should go all nostalgic on us

Dec 22, 2013
I agree or love all of Joanna's picks but wonder if we could get the Music Cafe from Japan or the old Carnival site . Japan last a lot of fashions especially wedding dresses and hairstyles that I love . The old USA mall and central plaza had something about community and socializing that was special especially the music at the old central plaza . The was more of a community feel or good Feng Sui about it . Shelley
Message 40 of 46 (203 Views)