Reply
Rux
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/29/2006
Offline
5135 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 9, 2007


Solid snakeps3 wrote:
This is a great idea, and the one who said they wont because they use real  money, youre the same guy who at parties when you say you want a monkey you will say "NO that is a very bad idea, you don;t want a monkey, and heres why..." your no fun, just let others have their fun. 
i'd like to thank Dane cook for helping me with my post


Shhh, Snake you're talking about a guy who has Moderator bodyguards
Message 11 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/11/2006
Offline
8593 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 9, 2007
oh my bizzle
ssdsct5
Thanks to WWE_JohnCenaLuvar for the sig
Message 12 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/09/2007
Offline
5910 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 10, 2007


Shnozzle wrote:


Solid snakeps3 wrote:
This is a great idea, and the one who said they wont because they use real  money, youre the same guy who at parties when you say you want a monkey you will say "NO that is a very bad idea, you don;t want a monkey, and heres why..." your no fun, just let others have their fun. 
i'd like to thank Dane cook for helping me with my post


Shhh, Snake you're talking about a guy who has Moderator bodyguards


Lol... well I would probably be the guy who said it's a bad idea to pull out the monkeys....so you got me there....
and Shnozzle - shush you - they are not supposed to know that.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html


http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 13 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 03/29/2007
Offline
42 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 10, 2007
What is wrong with pulling your monkeys out at a party?!?  pfft
 
PSN name: tooled
Message 14 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/18/2005
Offline
2615 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 10, 2007
sounds nice but un likely or youd get just a little bit for it, or the prices would be pretty high.
what I think would be more probable would be if the WU currency could only be used for first party items, cause they already said that some things that you buy would be like 3rd party ads. and such.


Message Edited by FhGrayFox on 04-10-2007 03:59 AM
20 gig PS3 modded with 80 gigs.
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Resistance: FoM
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Burnout: Paradise
Motostorm
Lair
F.E.A.R.
Assassins Creed
Message 15 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/05/2007
Offline
3640 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 10, 2007


Solid snakeps3 wrote:
This is a great idea, and the one who said they wont because they use real  money, youre the same guy who at parties when you say you want a monkey you will say "NO that is a very bad idea, you don;t want a monkey, and heres why..." your no fun, just let others have their fun. 
i'd like to thank Dane cook for helping me with my post



But they do use real money. And monkeys are a bad idea. I dont want wild animals running around throwing feces at everyone! My god what are you an animal! SHAME! SHAME!!!!!

Do not peel an Orange with a knife.
I've always got my flamesuit on.
3000th post made on 07-25-2009 08:42 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 47.
Message 16 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/11/2006
Offline
8593 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 10, 2007


Whitey6 wrote:


Solid snakeps3 wrote:
This is a great idea, and the one who said they wont because they use real  money, youre the same guy who at parties when you say you want a monkey you will say "NO that is a very bad idea, you don;t want a monkey, and heres why..." your no fun, just let others have their fun. 
i'd like to thank Dane cook for helping me with my post



But they do use real money. And monkeys are a bad idea. I dont want wild animals running around throwing feces at everyone! My god what are you an animal! SHAME! SHAME!!!!!


I will own you...in everything!!!!
ssdsct5
Thanks to WWE_JohnCenaLuvar for the sig
Message 17 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/30/2007
Offline
127 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 11, 2007
That does sound like a great idea! (The folding@home credits, not the monkeys) I would have like 30 credits. I leave my PS3 on while at school and asleep. I like helping cancer patients.


Message Edited by Autopsy15 on 04-10-2007 09:38 PM
Message 18 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/11/2007
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 11, 2007
I wouldn't foresee Sony giving up profits for F@H.  However, with their Hall of Fame I wouldn't be surprised to see trophies for x number of units completed. 
Message 19 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/22/2006
Offline
840 posts
 

Re: Home Currency and Folding@Home

Apr 11, 2007


Bob_II wrote:
I'm just throwing this out there, but does anyone have any thoughts or comments about getting people to run F@H on the PS3 by converting the number of finished work units into Home currency? This basically incentivizes running F@H because it rewards people with points to spend in PS Home. I think that if Sony did that, they would attract more "folders". F@H has already been a sucess on the PS3, but imagine what we could do if we drew in even more PS3 owners.
 
Comments?



yes
Message 20 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes