Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Re: Home Community: What's Your Profession?

Apr 3, 2010

My profession is a software application developer. I've worked in banking, aviation, forensics, and currently in insurance. I love my field b/c I love solving complex problems and I also wear several other hats that loosely relate (graphics designer, technical analyst, network administrator, database administrator, corporate whitehat hacker, etc). I would love to eventually get into business for myself.

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 51 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Apr 3, 2010

I'm a farmer! 

After completing my music degree in jazz studies (piano major/composition minor), I decided to get back  to small-town life and work in my family's vineyards.  Our lofty goal is to open our own winery, so I am now enrolled in an enology program to learn how to make wine.   I love the wine industry, and I totally love the lifestyle  : )

Here's a pic of one of our  vineyards ...

Message 52 of 115 (7 Views)
Sackboy
432 posts

Apr 3, 2010

Umm...I monitor the global network of an international corporate law firm. I work the schedule of our European & Middle Eastern offices (which is overnight for me). Which means that if nothing is broken or going crazy, I sit in my office overlooking the city of Atlanta and play PS3 until something blows up.

Message 53 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 3, 2010

IceCreamBandit wrote:

Umm...I monitor the global network of an international corporate law firm. I work the schedule of our European & Middle Eastern offices (which is overnight for me). Which means that if nothing is broken or going crazy, I sit in my office overlooking the city of Atlanta and play PS3 until something blows up.

Boom!!!!
Message 54 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
432 posts

Apr 3, 2010

OH NO! DUBAI GOES ASPLODE! MUST TURN OF PS3 AND WORK! NOOOOOOOO! lol

Message 55 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Apr 3, 2010

Great to hear of all your jobs, hobbies, careers, and studies! It does share some insight into each of us

I hope to see lots more replies,

IceCreamBandit . . . Lol, I tell ya, if that was my job I'd never have time to play the PS3. I could see it now, I turn it on, and just as I start, something blows up!

"Aw man, C'mon! I'm trying to play the PS3, can you just wait!?"

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 56 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 3, 2010

Sa-weets wrote:

I'm a farmer! 

After completing my music degree in jazz studies (piano major/composition minor), I decided to get back  to small-town life and work in my family's vineyards.  Our lofty goal is to open our own winery, so I am now enrolled in an enology program to learn how to make wine.   I love the wine industry, and I totally love the lifestyle  : )

Here's a pic of one of our  vineyards ...

My father bought into a winery - I remember spending one summer picking grapes and plums - it was fun - and I remember after each work day everyone would sit around drinking wine,,, I think its the only job in the world where you can drink all day and not get fired. (PS I wasnt old enough to drink so I was given juice)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 57 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Apr 3, 2010

Reverend_M wrote:

Awesome to know those things about you guys!

It's actually really interesting to know what area of learning you students are either in or aiming for! I actually considered in high school going to college for years and majoring in just about everything I possibly could, just for the sake of it haha

Lev, haha, I think I can see some humour in you becoming a professional coach, out of the military . . . the toughest team in the country?

Relik, wow that's DEFINITELY a full-time job there! 5 kids?!

How long do you have left in college, Rene?

Flin, I definitely know what you mean I was without a check for nearly two years not too long ago myself. I hope you get another job soon (were you the one who said you had an interview and were just waiting to hear the results, in another thread?)

Perhaps. I know I will have a tough stance and probably hone more of the physical side of calcio as I am a very physical player myself.

Lev - Officer of LoS

Message 58 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2186 posts

Apr 3, 2010

I'm a full time student majoring in Computer Science - Information Systems. I should have my Bachelors by Fall 2011 if all goes according to plan. And outside of being a student I professionalize at sitting home playing video games

Message 59 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Apr 3, 2010

Aww LilBlue - that is so cool!  I love the  kinship among grape-growers, and having a glass of wine at the end of the day with everyone just feels right as rain  : )

Message 60 of 115 (7 Views)
0 Likes