Sep 24 2007
By: Dead_Air Uncharted Territory 2101 posts

Home Coming out THIS Fall

3 replies 3 views Edited Sep 24, 2007
"I'm sorry about the delay, but since we want this to be a worldwide service -- our territories all have their own wishes for it -- it's taking a bit longer for us to develop. We want Home to be satisfactory to all types of users around the world, so we decided to delay it," said Hirai

Read between the lines. If these territories weren't so concerned with making Home region-specific, instead of keeping it universal, then we might have actually been downloading it next month! Don't get me wrong, I understand Home is free, and that this delay will give them time to make Home even more enjoyable, but on the flip-side, many of us have waited since we first caught word of Home --back in April, and have been waiting patiently the last six months only to hear that we will have to wait another six months. Our hopes of getting Home (no pun intended) were dashed, and all we get to show for it is an "I'm sorry". If it weren't for special wishes being accommadated, then the thread title may actually of been true...

Message Edited by SiMpLy_ImPreSSd on 09-24-2007 10:57 AM

Message Edited by SiMpLy_ImPreSSd on 09-24-2007 12:27 PM
Message 2 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
979 posts

Re: Home Coming This Fall...or Not

Sep 24, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:
"I'm sorry about the delay, but since we want this to be a worldwide service -- our territories all have their own wishes for it -- it's taking a bit longer for us to develop. We want Home to be satisfactory to all types of users around the world, so we decided to delay it," said Hirai

Read between the lines. If these territories weren't so concerned with making Home region-specific, instead of keeping it universal, then we might have actually been downloading it next month! Don't get me wrong, I understand Home is free, and that this delay will give them time to make Home even more enjoyable, but on the flip-side, many of us have waited since we first caught word of Home --back in April, and have been waiting patiently the last six months only to hear that we will have to wait another six months. Our hopes of getting Home (no pun intended) were dashed, and all we get to show for it is an "I'm sorry". If it weren't for special wishes being accommadated, then the thread title may actually of been true...

According to Phil Harrison it is still coming out this fall - opening the beta to all of us late november / december. So while it may not be the final version of home, your thread title is still actually true.
Message 1 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Sep 24, 2007

InAHaze wrote:

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

According to Phil Harrison it is still coming out this fall - opening the beta to all of us late november / december. So while it may not be the final version of home, your thread title is still actually true.

Good point.
Message 3 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2269 posts

Sep 24, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

InAHaze wrote:

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:

Good point.

Good point on both of your accounts.

If the open beta comes out and they allow us more features then the current beta, I will be very happy.  Hopefully they score a touchdown this christmas season.
Andre Nickatina kidddddddddddddddddd, tell me where your sista livveeeeeeeeeeeeee
------
PS3 - $600
Resistance Fall of Man - $60
Finding out Bill Gates is in your clan - Priceless
------

Help start up a community gamer site...go to www.gamernn.com and submit how you would like to contribute to an Open-Network of game reviews, game videos, gamer blogs, and tournaments. Gamer News Network : www.gamernn.com and also www.PS3nn.com (redirect to Gamer News Network)
Message 4 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes